Withdrawal ?

[Ph...]

I've been on ativan for 1 month : 0.5mg 2 to 3 times a day. Prescribed to relieve a pinched nerve and underlying anxiety.

Yesterday i only took 0.5 mg and today i havent taken any yet.

I feel like Sh$* now : sick to the stomach, muscle spasms, difficulty breathing, neck spasms, anxiety and severe pain .

I have to assume this is from not taking ativan and NOT from the pinched nerve. On the other hand, i have only been taking it for one month or am i just in denial ?

Your input is highly regarded ~~

Hi,

Unfortunately, dependence on benzos can occur in as little as a few weeks.  This is why they're only "supposed" to be prescribed for a few weeks, tops.  I hope your symptoms will recede quickly.  This is hard to go through, but it's only temporary.

Hello PBC,

I do agree with Megan. It can only take a few weeks for your body and mine get addicted to the Benzos. You might have to do a taper. Take with your Doctor about this. But there are many BB that can help you out here.  :thumbsup:

Godspeed to you.      :thumbsup:

Rocket

I've been on ativan for 1 month : 0.5mg 2 to 3 times a day. Prescribed to relieve a pinched nerve and underlying anxiety.

Yesterday i only took 0.5 mg and today i havent taken any yet.

I feel like Sh$* now : sick to the stomach, muscle spasms, difficulty breathing, neck spasms, anxiety and severe pain .

I have to assume this is from not taking ativan and NOT from the pinched nerve. On the other hand, i have only been taking it for one month or am i just in denial ?

Your input is highly regarded ~~

You're body can definitely get dependent on this class of medication in one month's time. If it were me and I found  these symptoms to be very difficult to live with I would try a rapid taper. I might cut out a 1/4 of the original dose every 5 days or so until I was off.