Author Topic: Chronic pelvic pain  (Read 469 times)

[Buddie]

Chronic pelvic pain
« on: April 23, 2013, 04:16:15 pm »
Has anybody else got chronic pelvic pain syndrome caused by benzo withdrawal ? With me it also causes penis and scrotum pain and sometimes rectal pain. Would very much appreciate a reply on this.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Chronic pelvic pain
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 05:20:14 pm »
Yes, this is common. I've had all sorts of cramping down there, esp. My bladder. It is getting better for me give it a while and it will dissipate.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 12:25:16 am »
I am having all the symptoms you are talking about and it's been around for about 6 months now.  I hope it's from benzo tolerance/withdraw because as I've come off of my benzo's the pain is gradually getting duller and less intense.  I hope it will go away over time.  I started doing trigger point release, stretching, and yoga, which all seem to help.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 01:42:58 pm »
That's actually why I started taking them (Valium). I'm doing all three things you have mentioned & they do help. Are you seeing a physical therapist for the trigger point release? I've found that to be the most helpful... also acupuncture.