Remeron (Mirtazapine) Withdrawal Support Group

[no...]

Jack, sorry for your suffering. Maybe try some supplements to get your serotonin up? Like tryptophan, some vitamins to process it better?

I hope you feel better soon. I tapered Mirta before and did that in 6 months, but this was way too soon and that's how I started using benzo's again. I hope you can hang tight and wake up feeling better soon! Hug.

I already take melatonin to sleep which raises my serotonin levels. This is another reason that I think it is Remerom and not benzo. When I take my 3 mg melatonin at 8 pm by 8:30 most of my withdrawal symptoms are gone. That has me thinking that a lot of this is serotonin/melatonin related. Unfortunately it also has me wondering if taking melatonin is slowing my recovery but I need sleep so it is what it is I guess.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ja...]

• [Co...]

• [ja...]

• [no...]

Top Posters In This Topic

My belief is Dave didn't suffer because he was 100% benzo healed and everyone else who has been on this thread was either not recovered or close too. I just did a cut to 12 mg from 13 mg and I had slight issues around day 3-4 and now at 14 days I feel stable. I trust my doctor when he tells me I am the only patient he has had that got off xanax after long term use and he said that he has had many people that got off of remeron after long term use with not much of a problem.

Not sure. He told me that at the end that he had to reinstate a low dose and then taper again. I am trying to avoid that if I can. Maybe he can chime in and clarify if I am wrong. I agree that I may be doing better if I had waited a few more years. I would be more on the side of the mirt withdrawal causing a flare up or a wave more so than I believe that this was going on the whole time but just masked by the mirt. I was in acute Xanax withdrawal for 6 months while on mirt and it didn’t mask much except for stomach and sleep. My anxiety was through the roof for the first year on mirt. Either way, I’m gonna try to tough this thing out. I gotta give it at least until October 1st and then reevaluate.

Jack, sorry to hear the symptoms are laying into you. My two cents, this is Mirtazapine all the way. And in particular, the histamine aspect. I also gather from your locale that like me, you're getting into some fall allergy exposure now and perhaps even that late-season mold which is just going to complicate the sensitization.

So I'd been on Mirt for like 17 years before I went into benzo withdrawal. I hit tolerance and did a rapid taper off the benzos (xanax and ativan) and ditched Mirt at the same time. All hell broke loose. So when I'd gone into the hospital, the doctors insisted I needed to go on something, so I went back on the mirt.

I started tapering mirt (from 30mg) while I was still in fairly bad benzo withdrawal, but out of acute. I tapered fairly fast at first. When I got to around 15mg, that got much harder and I started learning about the 10% everything 30 day rule many utilize. So roughly early 2013 through June 2019 was the duration of my taper. I often held for much longer periods of time than 30 days if I needed to.

I tried to jump from around 1.5mg, had to reinstate. Tried from about .75mg, had to reinstate. I finally jumped from .05.

Another person who had to do similar was Pokey. He'd jumped, all hell broke loose, and then reinstated and tapered a bit more before getting off of it.

One thing I will say, I've been totally off Mirt for a little over 2 years now. When environmental histamine is bad and food intake is coupled with that, I still suffer. A lot less than I used to, but I do not live carefree.

Jack, totally understand and respect your decision to not want to reinstate. I don't know that I'd even reinstate at the same dose you jumped from, you could try a few ticks lower to see if it stabilized you. If you wanted to go that way. I've seen situations like this go in two directions. People muscle through and it's a climb back to stability, or they reinstate and taper again. You have to do what is best for you. I just hope whatever direction you go, you feel relief.

Hang in there man. Seriously. You're a strong force on this board, you are undoubtedly intelligent, let us know what you do and how it goes, just as you have been.

Since Jack jumped from .03 mg and is having these issues wouldn't it be best to find a stable dose and stay there for while and tackle it down the road ?

Since Jack jumped from .03 mg and is having these issues wouldn't it be best to find a stable dose and stay there for while and tackle it down the road ?

That is what I would do. Withdrawal symptoms are the nervous system's way of saying it hasn't acclimated. All I can say is what I would do. And that would be try a reinstatement of .01mg/ml. See if it has any impact. If not, .02, etc. I'd not go above the jump-point. That shouldn't need to be a thing.

Mirt is such garbage. I say this knowing full well it helped me a lot during benzo withdrawal, like maybe even saved me during benzo withdrawal. But what a price we pay.

Yeah, I agree with what you saying Dave. The problem is that I jumped from .03 mg and I could not have measured any lower. I couldn’t even measure that! It’s just a rough estimate because it was half a line on a 1 ml syringe by eye which would be .03 because each line was .06 mg. I was compounded at 15 mg per 5 ml. I could have a compound of 1 mg per 1 ml done but the powder is only so fine and I don’t really know molecularly speaking whether a compound like that could be accurate at all. I mean I made it to .03 so I am going to try to tough this thing out even though it is hard as hell. I’m having a little mid day window right now which is nice. I feel a little weird but not terrible. I spoke to Magrita earlier who told me her mirt withdrawal lasted 6 months but got much better after 2. I’ll be at 2 months in a couple of weeks. I am crossing my fingers. I am being realistic about this. I am not expecting a miracle. I just want to be able to work even if it sucks til the Spring.

Interestingly enough I finally went for allergy testing. I am allergic to nothing they could find even in this state. No tree pollen or ragweed allergies, nothin. I did get sicker during spring and fall allergy season during my taper but maybe it was just a coincidence.

Ah, got it, you were doing the 15mg per 5ml. I was doing the 1mg/1ml variety. Man, what a mess. All of it. I hope that goal of being well enough to work comes sooner than later, Jack.

Interestingly enough I finally went for allergy testing. I am allergic to nothing they could find even in this state. No tree pollen or ragweed allergies, nothin. I did get sicker during spring and fall allergy season during my taper but maybe it was just a coincidence.

This is actually SUPER interesting to me. And I'll put this one to you - and I don't know the answer. Do you think that one would have to have diagnosable sensitivities to allergens to be affected by them IF that individual were suffering histamine receptor issues resulting from iatrogenic damage?

Hang in there brother.

Ah, got it, you were doing the 15mg per 5ml. I was doing the 1mg/1ml variety. Man, what a mess. All of it. I hope that goal of being well enough to work comes sooner than later, Jack.

This is actually SUPER interesting to me. And I'll put this one to you - and I don't know the answer. Do you think that one would have to have diagnosable sensitivities to allergens to be affected by them IF that individual were suffering histamine receptor issues resulting from iatrogenic damage?

Hang in there brother.

That’s a good question that of course you knew I could not answer when you asked it, lol. Of course all that the results of my allergy test mean are that when you stab me with ragweed pollen that my skin does not produce histamine in response. What happens when I breath it in or ingest it and then absorb ragweed pollen through my digestive tract and possibly into my bloodstream? Who knows. I do know that before all this my eyes were like sandpaper during allergy season. Maybe just due to the fact that my contact lenses absorb the pollen and then might quite literally sandpaper in my eyes. Yeah, I’m not sure. I do think that most antihistamines have mast cell mediation properties as well and there is no telling what your mast cells might react to or even how they might react after coming off of a strong antihistamine like mirtazapine.

You could try the dao enzymes maybe.

I am seriously considering it. There is a vitamin shoppe right up the street here. I wonder if they sell it there or if I pretty much have to order online. There is a GVS over here as well.

You could try or otherwise order them online. It's worth a try. But maybe, tomorrow you'll wake up and feel better.

I am still not tapering. Might start in October, but will have to feel stable. If I do taper, I will go very slow and if I do, why not start soon.

Jack, I am so sorry to see things are bad right now.  I hope they are improving for you today.  You have done such a great job at getting off mirtazapine.  My prayers are with you.

Hey Jack. What a coincidence! I entered the forum just to see Dave's profile motto from Halil Gibran. lol. But then i am sorry about your condition. What i can say about that mess are here: First, i dont attend the idea that only person who doesnt suffer after rem wd is Dave. Dave - my dear friend- had gone through lots of things, taught us this devil couldnt win this war. Anyway, I am a member of special Rem support group on Facebook and i saw many people who walked off with no problem. I also saw people had some troubles like you. Why i say this kind of things is not to challenge you. Furthermore, some clarifications about your condition. Jack, you know, i had to hold my taper unnecessarily supposing i did have some waves. Now i understand they werent waves and yes i waited unnecessarily for those. How i got that idea? I was going under 70 kgs and i took a big risk in May during my holiday. I grabbed a Dao before a very heavy histamine loaded lunch and waited my destiny to get sucked at night. But, then Boom. lol. Not boom thankfully. Then i got that the disturbances coming from histamine foods are heavily larger than the disturbances of the cuts. Because, when you were going very fast, you know i was going like a tortoise. Then i met Dao, thanks to that i speeded up my taper and then i was getting almost no sxs(except depression) (which most people describe after the cuts) after introducing Dao tablets to my diet. I dont claim they are miracle, but one thing i know they caused me to have much more social life after last year's anxiety torture. You know some suffer sleep, some suffer nausea and mine was a close type benzo wd anxiety. Lastly, i was here for a coincidence and i decided to write some raws about your condition. Because, only you and Dave helped me tremendously and keeped me stay on the boat. To summon, i strongly suggest you to decrease you diet to 2 times with some histamine safe foods with some Dao tablets. I wish and pray to you healthy days my friend. If you have some questions feel free to ask me whenever you want for DM...

Hey Jack. What a coincidence! I entered the forum just to see Dave's profile motto from Halil Gibran. lol. But then i am sorry about your condition. What i can say about that mess are here: First, i dont attend the idea that only person who doesnt suffer after rem wd is Dave. Dave - my dear friend- had gone through lots of things, taught us this devil couldnt win this war. Anyway, I am a member of special Rem support group on Facebook and i saw many people who walked off with no problem. I also saw people had some troubles like you. Why i say this kind of things is not to challenge you. Furthermore, some clarifications about your condition. Jack, you know, i had to hold my taper unnecessarily supposing i did have some waves. Now i understand they werent waves and yes i waited unnecessarily for those. How i got that idea? I was going under 70 kgs and i took a big risk in May during my holiday. I grabbed a Dao before a very heavy histamine loaded lunch and waited my destiny to get sucked at night. But, then Boom. lol. Not boom thankfully. Then i got that the disturbances coming from histamine foods are heavily larger than the disturbances of the cuts. Because, when you were going very fast, you know i was going like a tortoise. Then i met Dao, thanks to that i speeded up my taper and then i was getting almost no sxs(except depression) (which most people describe after the cuts) after introducing Dao tablets to my diet. I dont claim they are miracle, but one thing i know they caused me to have much more social life after last year's anxiety torture. You know some suffer sleep, some suffer nausea and mine was a close type benzo wd anxiety. Lastly, i was here for a coincidence and i decided to write some raws about your condition. Because, only you and Dave helped me tremendously and keeped me stay on the boat. To summon, i strongly suggest you to decrease you diet to 2 times with some histamine safe foods with some Dao tablets. I wish and pray to you healthy days my friend. If you have some questions feel free to ask me whenever you want for DM...

June,

After my son goes to school tomorrow I’m gonna run out and see if I can find some DAO. It certainly can’t hurt. I’m getting some windows here and there. I feel decent at the moment though not great. Yesterday I even managed to mow and edge the lawn in 90 degree heat. I felt like I was going to die at one point but it still felt like progress. If the dao can get me eating some more without symptoms that would be great. I am so happy that you are in a better place than you were last year. What dose are you up to now?

I am now at 3.52 mg. Going forward 0.375 mg/2 weeks cuts. Thinking about to decrease speed some. The time will show that.

In terms of Dao, you could check in histamine intolerance group on FB to see whether people suffer and solve what kind of problems. You ll see we are not alone in this universe. Most people take some brands like Ancastral Kidney, Daosin, Histamine X etc. I dont use neither of them. I use the rare one, but it worked very well. It is DaoFood Plus which contains also quercetin and Vit C. I throw away Vit C. The reason people suffers HI is mostly a vaccine, antibiotic, or a medical treatment. After seeing those things, i strongly believe even Covid vaccines are not innocent. F..k the Big Pharma. If we migrate from this world to another, first i ll ask to God where the Big Pharma members are. Anyway, please check in that Facebook group. Also who reads this post other new members here. This devil makes the brain to forget Dao production. I dont know how this happens, but it does. I dont believe this stuff is based on the enviromental stuff like pollen or any other thing. How i reached that idea? When i saw the people affected from other H2,H3 etc receptors there, i got that we are mostly affected from the foods with this stuff. Because, there are lots of people for whom DAOs dont work. Anyway, i hope when i come to USA, i intend to drink some beer with no Dao from you and Dave. lol. Take care

I am now at 3.52 mg. Going forward 0.375 mg/2 weeks cuts. Thinking about to decrease speed some. The time will show that.

In terms of Dao, you could check in histamine intolerance group on FB to see whether people suffer and solve what kind of problems. You ll see we are not alone in this universe. Most people take some brands like Ancastral Kidney, Daosin, Histamine X etc. I dont use neither of them. I use the rare one, but it worked very well. It is DaoFood Plus which contains also quercetin and Vit C. I throw away Vit C. The reason people suffers HI is mostly a vaccine, antibiotic, or a medical treatment. After seeing those things, i strongly believe even Covid vaccines are not innocent. F..k the Big Pharma. If we migrate from this world to another, first i ll ask to God where the Big Pharma members are. Anyway, please check in that Facebook group. Also who reads this post other new members here. This devil makes the brain to forget Dao production. I dont know how this happens, but it does. I dont believe this stuff is based on the enviromental stuff like pollen or any other thing. How i reached that idea? When i saw the people affected from other H2,H3 etc receptors there, i got that we are mostly affected from the foods with this stuff. Because, there are lots of people for whom DAOs dont work. Anyway, i hope when i come to USA, i intend to drink some beer with no Dao from you and Dave. lol. Take care

I believe it June. I have said before, although not suffering to even close to the severity I am now that my issues started 23 years ago when I had what seemed to be a severe allergic reaction to an antibiotic called Biaxin. I have had symptoms of histamine intolerance ever since. I’m going to give DAO a shot. I have wanted to start taking quercetin but am afraid it will negatively interact with Nexium which I have been on quite a long time. The acid reflux started with the HIT symptoms after the Biaxin. Before that I was an extremely healthy person. I never felt the same after that. The one thing I am grateful for in the horrible journey is that it gave me answers that I never would have come across about how that antibiotic reaction could have done what it did to me and how I developed severe acid reflux and ibs seemingly overnight.

I am going to ride this thing out because it’s just my nature. However, my advice to you is that when you get to your jumping dose hold. Hold it for a while. Maybe even a few months and then jump. I wish I did this. It’s too late now because I’m too stubborn to go backwards but if I could do it again that is what I would do. Just keep that in mind when you’re at that point.

Was the histamine issue giving you burning skin and flu like feeling? If so did DAO reduced or fix this problem? It flares up after I eat and specifically if I eat and then sit still. Moving around punps blood around and somehow makes the burning much less noticeable. 

Dave,

By any chance when you jumped with minimal or no symptoms were you taking quercetin at the time?

Jack, hey. I'm glad you are feeling some stability today.

Negative. At the time of jumping from the Mirt with minimal/no symptoms, I was only taking magnesium glycinate. That was my only supplement at that point. Oh, and very occasional methyl-guard. It's a b-vitamin/folate supplement because I am a poor methylator.

Quercetin was helpful for me earlier in tapering but at a certain point at the low Mirt doses, I was getting headaches from the quercetin and stopped taking it.

Dave

I believe it June. I have said before, although not suffering to even close to the severity I am now that my issues started 23 years ago when I had what seemed to be a severe allergic reaction to an antibiotic called Biaxin. I have had symptoms of histamine intolerance ever since. I’m going to give DAO a shot. I have wanted to start taking quercetin but am afraid it will negatively interact with Nexium which I have been on quite a long time. The acid reflux started with the HIT symptoms after the Biaxin. Before that I was an extremely healthy person. I never felt the same after that. The one thing I am grateful for in the horrible journey is that it gave me answers that I never would have come across about how that antibiotic reaction could have done what it did to me and how I developed severe acid reflux and ibs seemingly overnight.

I am going to ride this thing out because it’s just my nature. However, my advice to you is that when you get to your jumping dose hold. Hold it for a while. Maybe even a few months and then jump. I wish I did this. It’s too late now because I’m too stubborn to go backwards but if I could do it again that is what I would do. Just keep that in mind when you’re at that point.

Was the histamine issue giving you burning skin and flu like feeling? If so did DAO reduced or fix this problem? It flares up after I eat and specifically if I eat and then sit still. Moving around punps blood around and somehow makes the burning much less noticeable.

Oh my dear, i ll kindly consider your advice when i get there.

Answering your question, I have never had a consistent sx more than one. Last year was anxiety and i declare 2021 as depression year. lol. Some days ago, a friend of mine was asking me whether i have ever seen a man and this man would scream "i want to die" with major depression. She was advocating Pdocs like that when i said they were big liars. Like a joke. I got through almost all 2021 with great depression and she accused me of with no knowledge about depression. lol again. People really dont know about them. Anyway, I hope i ll announce 2022 as no sx year. lol. I have had burning skin, flu like feeling as very short come and goes. So, Dao may prevent them too. Because i am with it for 5 months steadily. I know these feelings arent also good things.

Hang in man. You are a very strong individual...

I just ate a ham egg and cheese sandwich from the deli. Scarfed it down like a starving person. Lol. I wonder what the hell that is going to do to me? But just the fact that I had such an appetite to eat it is a good thing after a week of force feeding myself rice and chicken.

I just ate a ham egg and cheese sandwich from the deli. Scarfed it down like a starving person. Lol. I wonder what the hell that is going to do to me? But just the fact that I had such an appetite to eat it is a good thing after a week of force feeding myself rice and chicken.

LOL, sometimes you just need to do that, even if you kinda sorta know the beatdown might follow! But lets hope it doesn't! Honestly, even now when I deal with the histamine things, occasionally I just go for it - like a big honking order of Chinese food or something like that and and this point for me it's about 50/50 whether it puts me on a histamine misery cycle of varying degrees for a week or I just wake up thirsty and craving more!

Glad you had an enjoyable breakfast, may it prove agreeable!

LOL, sometimes you just need to do that, even if you kinda sorta know the beatdown might follow! But lets hope it doesn't! Honestly, even now when I deal with the histamine things, occasionally I just go for it - like a big honking order of Chinese food or something like that and and this point for me it's about 50/50 whether it puts me on a histamine misery cycle of varying degrees for a week or I just wake up thirsty and craving more!

Glad you had an enjoyable breakfast, may it prove agreeable!

Yeah, I think I’m gonna invest in a bottle of that dao stuff for those times where you just have to hit the buffet or a holiday dinner or something like that. I don’t think it can cause any harm. I don’t know if I want to take it daily though and don’t think it will be necessary to take it all the time once I get further along anyhow. I’ve tolerated high histamine foods pretty much my whole taper so I think I will be okay once I get down the road here.

After 3 weeks at 5.7 and feeling somewhat stable I decreased my dose to 5.0 on Thursday night.  I’ll keep this dose for at least 2 weeks and reassess then on the next dose reduction. 

After 3 weeks at 5.7 and feeling somewhat stable I decreased my dose to 5.0 on Thursday night.  I’ll keep this dose for at least 2 weeks and reassess then on the next dose reduction.

Sounds like a solid plan. How have the cuts been? Bad symptoms or mild?

Cuts have been tolerable so far.  Starts up on day 4 and seems to start to settle after about 4 days.  Usually headache, tinnitus, nausea, muscle aches and the worst for me insomnia.  I’m trying to let sleep be the guide, when sleep starts to settle I cut a little more, but never any sooner than 2 weeks.

How about you, feeling better lately, are you seeing improvement from when you first got off of the mirtazapine.