Remeron (Mirtazapine) Withdrawal Support Group

[no...]

Hi Ruby and Angel!!

Yes today has been hard, Especially since I've had to be at work helping training somebody most today. But I know in a week or so things will start getting better. I read a lot of posts about Remeron and it looks like after two weeks it starts getting a little better. So keep on the hope that this Friday will be two weeks off Remeron.

Especially today I feel very spacey and out of it, it's hard to focus and things seem a little unreal. I got my girl time yesterday so that's not helping either.

I also at times say Oh my gosh I don't know if I can do this, but I am doing it and Ruby ur doing it too !!

I'm on my way home now from work and I'm excited to just relax.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ja...]

• [Co...]

• [ja...]

• [no...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone today is day 12 off remeron, now I'm feeling it.

Slept well but woke up a little early and I have a little headache and stomache issues!

Reading back on some threads here 2-3 weeks is usually the worse.. So Ruby u and I r getting into the thick of things!

I've dropped some weight though: 4- 5 pounds 

My side effects:

Wired, Spacey, stomach issues, lost my appetite, crave sweets, little anxiety, sweating at night, Little bit of a headache, blurred vision, hot then cold.

Ruby what r ur side effects ?

Hugs everyone !

Hi Coral how are you doing today?

WEll i may be feeling the slightest bit better today but still a long way to go.

I am having many of the same symptoms that you have but more severe anxiety, depression, major mood swings, out of it, fearful thoughts, spacey, dp, stomach issues and nausea, headaches on and off, shaking, fatigued and flat, hot then cold, body pain, forgetfull and brain fogged.

Oh and some paranoia and diziness or feeling like i am rocking on a boat.

And this is actually better then what it was a few days ago.

this really sucks.

My sleep has been okay but i wake up in the morning with a jolt and nausea.

today is day roughly day 12 or 13 so i gues we are in the thick of it right now. once i hit about day 9 or so it really got bad. before this it was crappy but not quite as rough.

So that is my update but i still haven't crawled back to the dam pill bottle and i will not. crawling back would be like giving in to big pharma and letting them win for screwing all of us over with the use and subsequent wd of this evil crap.

So there is certainly no turning back now. 

Anyways keep pushing on and i will too. hope you have a good day and update soon.

Hugs ruby

I love ur outlook on big pharma, they suck!!

I did want to mention that today I felt a little better too! But this morning I felt horrible but then felt better than I had in a few days .

Also I did want to mention in my side effects that some of the days I was really itchy, which I believe is because I have an allergen the Benadryl and since Remeron affects the same sites as an antihistamine I believe that's why.

Anyway I hope the thick of it is over and it will be smooth sailing from here on out! Do you live in the United States? Just curious!

Also did you gain any weight while on Remeron? Either way have you lost any weight since discontinuing it?

Hey Coral, yes today has been slightly better then the last few. last sat i was ok as well but then was worse again sun and mon. i hope it does slowly back off. i don't think that one day i will just wake up and feel great and i do believe we will still have some ups and downs/ bad days and better but over time the intensity will lessen and then gone.

Did you find the last few days worse until today?

have you had any depression, confusion, dp, brain fog or anything like that?

I am also finding i am really fatigued and unmotivated to do much around my house. I guess they call it somnolescence or something like that. have you had this?

And yes i have been horribly itchy for days now and still am today. for the first week or so my hands and feet were also really swollen and sore and itchy. thankfully this has passed and i can actually wear my wedding rings again. i know rem does cause water retention and man was that bad for me.

Sadly yes i have gained weight on rem and i hate it. i would say maybe 5 to 10 pounds. i hate this. before i could eat anything and now not so much. i still think it is partly water retention but i am also trying to eat really healty now to loose the weight. i am 5 foot 7 so at least you can't see it well but i do feel it in my clothes.

i am from Canada and right now it is about minus 3 out and snowy so not great for exercise either. We have dogs that need walking but it is tough when it is so cold and icy.

are you in a part of the states that gets snow? 

It is very frustrating too because i want to be taking my adrenal supps from my naturopath. the lyme almost totally shut my adrenals down a while back but in this wd i find i am way to sensitive to be boosting my adrenals.

I wonder if, just like with parts of the brain that spring back to action after these meds and often too much, whether the adrenals that are slowed by the rem bounce back and over compensate in wds. i know many talk about the cortisol serges in wds and i wonder if that is why the adrenal supps make me feel worse right now. they never used to make me feel worse. i do wonder if now that my adrenals are likely pumping out too much cortisol that the adrenal supps just add more stress and boost them too much.

I will have to get my adrenals checked again this thrus when i see my naturopath.

Anyways hopefully we are thru the worst

Hope yu had a good day and talk to you soon.

Hugs Ruby

Ps. I hate big pharma and also doctors and the medical system in canada but then that is a whole other chapter or chapters lol.

Hi Ruby, yes I found the last few days not so good!!

But bc I'm on t3 therapy it's probably not been as bad as u !

I haven't had any depression, just tired and wired! But depression is a side effect from remeron w.

Yes I am fatigued but the t3 is helping in that area too, but I'm sooo spacey at times and foggy!

But no one else can tell but me!

I'm 4'11 and I gained 8-9 pounds from remeron so it really shows on me but I'm also very fit so it doesn't show up as bad.. Just added a layer of fat and water!!

I live in Florida so no snow! I can't imagine being in that cold of weather right now!

It's so nice to hear about ur life and how u r doing!

I've never been to canada but maybe one day . :-)

My hubby likes to surf so getting him to go there would be quite difficult! :-)

I used to surf all the time but since on remeron I haven't bc I hate the weight I've tacked on .. But the good news is the nightmare is almost over.

And it's so nice to have someone to share my feelings with !

We we're want to meet and work on this and through this together! God has a way of making things like this happen !

Oh I did want to mention I believe u r right about ur adrenaline and everything will go back to normal soon!!

Hugs!

hey Ash, at times i do also have the wired or tired or spaced out feelings or all three at the same time. it is very starange to feel wired and tired at the same time. Does being spaced out make you feel disconnected from life like you just cant quite take it all in or feel like you are totally sober and in the moment? Sometimes i feel like i am just mildly drunk.

That sounds so nice to be in florida, i have never surfed but i have water skied. i love boating in the summers here up north. Maybe some day you will make it to canada. the summers up north are beautiful here in ontario. it does get quite hot and to be on the lake and hear the loons is awsome.

Its very different from the ocean and the lakes are quite small but i love it.

To make it even funnier that i am canadian we also have 2 siberian huskys but no they do not pull a sled lol.

Do you have any pets?

It is very nice to meet someone else going through this and at the exact same time to the day no less. i think that was meant to be. we are here to help others and that is what each of us are doing with eachother.

Hugs and keep me posted as to how yu are feeling

Hugs Ruby

Hey ash what does the the wired feeling feel like to you?

When you have that feeling can you feel slightly manic?

Not in a I want to conquer the world way but in a hyper slightly too agitated way where you mind is over active and spins with thought.

Just wondering?

Hugs Sarah

Hi Rby, no not manic but that is definetly a remeron side effect bc my dr always askede if I felt that way on remeron bc it's known to do that as u wd from it.

My wired feeling just feels like the lights in my head r on but since I'm spacey it's hard to articulate my thoughts!

Last night was a bad night for me because I took a multivitamin and it made me so hot and sweaty I had a hard time sleeping. For some reason I can't take any supplements not even one supplement not even a multivitamin which is so crazy. Do you find that you can't take any supplements either?

hey Ash,  no i don't mean totally manic either. nt in a losing touch with reality sort of way at all. i mean like hyper and yes the lights in the head are on too much or as if the body and brain are overstimmulated or in high gear.

Like for me it is constant mind chatter and spinning thoughts/ fears and the body also feels hyper and shaky.

I have never done speed and never would but i have heard of how others have felt on it and find this to sound simmilar.

To me thing also comes ith a hightened emotional response and i always feel on edge and am even sweating.

And yes it is very strange to feel wired and hyper but spacy at the same time. it is like the mind spins but none of the thoughts quite connect because you are too out of it to think clearly.

I do not feel relaxed and focused and calm or collected in my thinking if this makes any sense.

I have also had to stop all supps but for magnesium. everything else makes me feel like crap and this is bugging me because i want to be taking the supps.

Sorry that you had a bad night last night and i do hope you are feeling better today.

Do you ever get any depersonalization or feel unmotivated or just more negative about life then normal. i am finding i have also lost interest in things i love to do normally.

Sorry i haven't answered ytour pm yet. i am just trying to finish up a week long work project that i will be finishing today.

Hugs

Ruby

Yes I am feelig all those things!

I find I am making mistakes at work which isn't like me b/c I cannot think straight, uggg!!

I am very spacey and irritable...

But to make matters worse is I took my t3 this morning late, which can cause unsteady t3 levels.. so I am going to take a rescue dose of t4..

I can only take magnesium too..

I cannot wait for great days, which I know are coming soon!

Hugs and I wish you well on your work project.. I'm also training someone which is soo very difficult right now!

Please read through this thread and u will be able to c why the side effects r not worth it..

But u do what u want.

Good luck!

Actually, I have read through a lot of it, because I was considering it as an a/d. But, it was too sedating. But, I don't see where anyone just took nibbles of it. All I see are those that took it in larger doses to start.

Even just small nibbles can cause some problems?

Denise  :smitten:

It's a drug that can cause dependence just like streets drugs can cause dependance. You wouldn't just take nipples of so called street drugs... These drugs alter the chemical makeup of ur brain. And then u have to heal after that.

Try 5 htp it works and it's non habit forming!!!'

It's a drug that can cause dependence just like streets drugs can cause dependance. You wouldn't just take nipples of so called street drugs... These drugs alter the chemical makeup of ur brain. And then u have to heal after that.

Try 5 htp it works and it's non habit forming!!!'

Does it help with sleep?

Denise

Yes, it works really great sleep. The best way to start out taking it is with 50 mg at a couple hours before you go to bed. So if you go to bed at 10 o'clock then you should take it at 8 PM. If after a couple days he still feel you need more then take 1 50 mg before 5 o'clock and 1 at 10 pm. Taking note that you should take them four hours apart from each other.

What other medications are you on?

You should get the book the mood cure. That's how I know all this stuff because Julia Ross the author of that book and owner of a clinic in California specializes in your nurotherapy which doesn't use prescription drugs but supplements like I just mentioned.

Yes, it works really great sleep. The best way to start out taking it is with 50 mg at a couple hours before you go to bed. So if you go to bed at 10 o'clock then you should take it at 8 PM. If after a couple days he still feel you need more then take 1 50 mg before 5 o'clock and 1 at 10 pm. Taking note that you should take them four hours apart from each other.

What other medications are you on?

You should get the book the mood cure. That's how I know all this stuff because Julia Ross the author of that book and owner of a clinic in California specializes in your nurotherapy which doesn't use prescription drugs but supplements like I just mentioned.

Besides Ativan, I take Levothyroxine.

I will look for the book and the 5htp. Thanks.

Check with ur doctor 1st and research if it interacts with any of the other meds u r on..

But in the book she uses 5htp to help people get off of antidepressants, etc. she uses it to help people sleep as well.

Check with ur doctor 1st and research if it interacts with any of the other meds u r on..

But in the book she uses 5htp to help people get off of antidepressants, etc. she uses it to help people sleep as well.

Okay. Thanks. I checked online and it seems the 5htp can cause some heart issues. So, I might have to forget that one for now.

But, I will check on the book.

Hey ash how are doing tonight?

I am just feeling so depressed and like this will never end and I will never be okay.

Just feel so sad right now and am crying.

I really hate this. Wish I could be so positive but me brain chem is so messed up.

I was told by my dr that I could take this as needed and I now realize that I have likely ct d from this over 20 times.

I would take ot for 3 to 4 days here and there and then just stop and I really think this has messed me up over the years and is now affecting my current wds and making them much worse.

I am so scared that by using this med this way the wd will be very long and hard and or I will never come out of it.

Ruby I assure u u will be just fine! In a week or less u will be on the road to recovery! I don't like it either but we have to go thru this to heal!

I'm here for u and I'm saying a prayer for u now. Have u considered taking 5 htp? It really does work and it will help ur depression and sleep!

Don't let this med/remeron cause u to doubt ur strength!

U can do it and u r doing it ! I'm very proud of u and our bodies/brains were created by God to heal themselves!

The Lord is the great physician, call on Him to help heal u.

He is the only reason I am able to do this!

Hugs and it's ok to just cry it out!