Remeron (Mirtazapine) Withdrawal Support Group

[no...]

Hello All.

I have been a member of BB since April but haven't posted much since I first joined. My signature is a little confusing, so just to hopefully clarify/make it simpler: In March I started having some problems sleeping. I had always taken Xanax (prn) for the occasional night like this-no problem-maybe twice a month. Never had any real problems with sleep before and I do believe this bout with insomnia was due to anxiety of a health crisis I had been dealing with (malignant tumor removed from leg last Oct.). Anyway- began taking the Xanax everynight (.25mg) for about a week. Then got scared about that and switched to Ambien for a little while--back to Xanax for a bit. Then pdoc switched me to Restoril which I took for about 18 days (tried to taper at the end but don't think I did really enough)--thought I was okay for a few days, then couldn't sleep/nausea, etc....and pdoc said to go back to ambien and she also started me on remeron. I know this sounds like a mess. It was all over a period of about 2 months and at that point I stuck with the ambien and remeron--while trying to taper the whole time. I tapered off the ambien about a month ago and I'm currently at 1mg (liquid) of the remeron.  Last week, I tried to stop the remeron all together because I had gotten down to the 1 mg for about a week and slept pretty well for the most part. So-I stopped for about 5 days. During those days, I felt okay and slept about 5 hours of broken sleep--but on the 6th day, I started feeling more nausea/anxiety. It passed by that night, but I couldn't sleep b/c I kept feeling like something was in my throat of like I had to keep swallowing....?Anyway, next day was horrible and I caved and took 1.5mg of remeron and slept 12 hours! That was Saturday night and since then I have taken 1mg per day and done okay. I guess maybe I tapered it too fast. I had been taking 1/8th of the pill before I had it made into liquid and with the liquid I pretty much just jumped down to 1ml and only stayed there for a week before jumping. I just want to be done so bad! I can't figure out what the best course is from here. Down by .1ml per week to nothing or maybe skipping days,etc.....the plan set out by CITA that Coralashley posted on........I have read on a few other sites where that is how several people finally made it off this stuff. Anyway---this group seems very supportive and that is what I need right now. Sometimes I have to cut myself off from the internet for a few days b/c I have learned that I can scare myself significantly by some of the things I read and then finding that positive attitude is hard. I have recently considered purchasing the Point of Return program just for some support and advise--but not sure I want to take all those supplements---have any of you heard anything good about that program? The people on the phone there seem so knowledgable and they are so nice..........? Although I feel a little silly with 1mg to go. However, to me, that 1mg seems like a mountain! Any and all advice welcome. Thanks guys!

Ally

Hi Allypw-

I totally can relate about not wanting to go on the internet, but it is sooo hard not to!! 

Remeron is tricky.. You won't feel the cut until around the 6th day and then it really hits you around the 2nd week.  So I would highly suggest the CITA plan I posted!  You are so close to coming off of it.. I plan on starting that tapering plan when I receive some suppliments that the "Road back to recovery" has suggested I take (JNK, Omega 3 & Vit E)... So once I have those and I've been on those 1 week I will be doing that tapering plan.

I am going to go from 4.87 to half that then taper with that down to 2.43 then taper that down again with the program.. this way it will take me 26 weeks.. Or I may get guttsy and do the tapering plan with the dose I'm at.  Not sure!

Anyways, you will have s/d from remeron for about 5 - 7 weeks and then they say you don't have them anymore.. so it takes a while to run it's course, but they're nothing like benzo w/ds.

Anyways we r here to help so post as often as you need to! 

Congrats on getting off the Ambien and being on only 1mg of remeron.. the remeron does help me sleep, but not like it used too!  I am thankful though for sleep right now!

What suppliments are you on?

Hope this has helped you in some way!  Be positive and no you have come a long way!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ja...]

• [Co...]

• [ja...]

• [no...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ally,

Welcome to the board  :)

Your symptom pattern is so very similar to mine.

I stopped for about 5 days. During those days, I felt okay and slept about 5 hours of broken sleep--but on the 6th day, I started feeling more nausea/anxiety. It passed by that night

If people have an issue discontinuing Remeron, this seems to be a common pattern. A cut is made, the first week is fairly decent, then the symptoms rear their heads.

You are at that point where you are so close. I think very soon you will be able to surmount the discomfort and your body will adjust, but how to make that last cut. So difficult to say. Let us support you no matter how you choose to go about it. It sounds like you have some solid ideas on how to move forward.

Hi Coralashley, how goes it?  :)

T. Lil, you out there?  :)

So I am into the second week of my most recent cut and I feel like hell. My main symptoms are nausea and increased anxiety/depression in tandem. It does not feel good. And I really have to sort of rein myself in from not freaking out completely. So, I am somewhat quiet. Trying to gather myself and ride this out. I am coming to grips that for me, this will be a longish journey. But, in the end, worth it. Because when I stabilize after each cut, it is truly lovely.

Healing and blessings be yours...

-Dave

Hi Dave, I'm sorry you are not feeling well, but you are right with each cut you are getting closer to ridding yourself of this crazy med!

I am doing well!  I made a cut almost 2 weeks out, I cut 10% and am now down to 4.87.. I think I've made up my mind.. in the next coupld of weeks I will be using the UK tapering plan and I will get off this med.. :-)

Dave is it possible for you to get a complete thyroid test? not just the regular way they do it, but a complete one.. that shows your T4 and T3 levels.. Just curious if remeron is affecting everyones thyroid or not.

Tiger L when you go to get your thryoid checked, make sure you only have it done on your 21st of when your period started.. so if your period start on July1st, then you would get it tested on July 22nd... that is a true reading of your levels.

Most doctors don't know to do it that way.

Sleepless are you out there?  Haven't heard from you!

Love you all and I'll say a prayer of healing for each of you, have faith that you receive that healing now.

Hi and thank you for the welcomes :)

Question: At such a low dose, I feel like the only thing the remeron is affecting is histamine. Do you all agree? And it seems that the withdrawal comes from the antihistamine effect going away and I guess the histamine starts flowing. I've noticed a burning skin feeling whenever I've cut down (not really any itching though maybe a little scalp itching). Anyway--I keep trying to figure out a way to remedy that in my next attempt to cut or d/c. I know time is probably the only answer but have any of you ever taken turmeric? I read yesterday that it naturally suppresses histamine (maybe not a lot though). It has been advised to me for cancer prevention because of my hx. Anyway--I also read that it can slow down cyp450 enzymes so may not be a good choice- but just thought I would ask.

Also- any of you ever try whey protein or milk peptides for anxiety?

Dave--Sorry you are feeling bad. However- you seem to be tough and very in touch with what is what as far as symptoms go so I have confidence you will make it out okay:)

Coralashley--I couldn't download/print the book from cita. What kind of schedule would I take if I tried to come off this last 1mg using their method? I did get an email yesterday from someone who had tried to jump off remeron at 1mg--had awful symptoms (like me) and then went back on and tapered ever so slowly (10% every 3 weeks and only went down if no symptoms)--it took her another year--but she said when she jumped she had no withdrawals at all. She did also mention she had taken up meditation during that long taper and it had helped immensely. I wish I felt I could really learn that--I will keep trying!

You all are in my prayers!

Ally

Hi Ally, I'm glad to hear you r in good spirits!  I agree to what u r saying about the remeron.

here is the tapering plan I suggest.. whereever you see 7.5, put in you dosage 1mg.  For two weeks your dosage will be the same and then you will cut out another day and so on and so forth.. I'm on 4.87 and will be using this tapering plan in about two weeks :-) I was thinking of using it tiwce.. to cut my current dose by half and following this plan, then holding two weeks and cutting it down to 0mg.. for example.. I'm on 4.87, I'd drop to 2.43 everywhere you see 0mg and then once I completed this 12 week tapering schedule I would hold for 2 weeks then start the next tapering plan, brining myself down to 0mg.. I hope that makes sense!!  If 10% isn't working for you then this is the only other option!! 

Did you gain any weight while on Remeron?  If so how much?

week 1:

day #1 7.5mg, day #2 7.5, day #3, 7.5, day #4 0mg, day #5 7.5, day #6 7.5, day #7 7.5

week 2:

day #1 7.5mg, day #2 7.5, day #3, 0mg, day #4 7.5, day #5 7.5, day #6 7.5, day #7 7.5

week 3:

day #1 0mg, day #2 7.5, day #3, 7.5, day #4 0mg, day #5 7.5, day #6 7.5, day #7 7.5

week 4:

day #1 0mg, day #2 7.5, day #3, 7.5, day #4 0mg, day #5 7.5, day #6 7.5, day #7 7.5

week 5:

day #1 0mg, day #2 7.5, day #3, 0, day #4 7.5, day #5 0, day #6 7.5, day #7 7.5

week 6:

day #1 0mg, day #2 7.5, day #3, 0, day #4 7.5, day #5 0, day #6 7.5, day #7 7.5

week 7:

day #1 0mg, day #2 7.5, day #3, 0, day #4 7.5, day #5 0, day #6 7.5, day #7 0

week 8:

day #1 0mg, day #2 7.5, day #3, 0, day #4 7.5, day #5 0, day #6 7.5, day #7 0

week 9:

day #1 0mg, day #2 0, day #3, 7.5, day #4 0, day #5 0, day #6 7.5, day #7 0

week 10:

day #1  0mg, day #2 0, day #3, 7.5, day #4 0, day #5 0, day #6 7.5, day #7 0

week 11:

day #1  0mg, day #2 0, day #3, 7.5, day #4 0, day #5 0, day #6 0, day #7 0

week 12:

Day#1  0mg, day #2 0, day #3, 7.5, day #4 0, day #5 0, day #6 0, day #7 0

Hi Dave, I'm so sorry that you're going through a rough patch. Anxiety has been a real problem for me too, I've never experienced anxiety like this, not even while on benzo w/d! I hope that you ride it out and that better days come for you!

I'm not in a good place right now. My parents arrived to stay with me in Italy. They're elderly and my dad, who has Parkinson disease, is very sick. He can barely sleep at night, but he nods off the entire day. The problem is that he speaks loudly at night and is up at 5 or 6 am, waking up everyone else. I've been so anxious lately that insomnia is hitting me hard and last night I only slept 3 hours. I couldn't take a nap, either. I feel like I'm going crazy. My dad didn't wake up until 7 am this morning, but I think the damage is already done and my anxiety is completely out of hand. I want to run away. I love my parents, but they are making me ill right now and can't wait to leave. They never understood benzo or remeron w/d, and they have enough health issues to care about mine. I feel so miserable.

I'm sooo sorry to hear about that Tiger L!!  Be strong and of good courage! 

Your life will get back to normal.. just know that this time is a learning time.. see this time as a time that will get you ready for all circustances in life.

this time will make u even stronger than you already are!

I'm so proud of you for being able to come off of both meds!  Can you go to a hotel for a day or so?  Just so you can get away and relax?

Try to take a nap when ur dad nods off.. how is your mother is she understanding?

Hi everyone,

I need some advice here. I was put on remeron about 1 month ago due to a failed ativan taper.

It's helped me eat & sleep & with stabilizing before starting my next taper of klonopin which my doctor switched me over to all at once around the same time.  Here's my question, after reading all your posts it seems awfully difficult to come off of. Im on a 2/3 dosage of 15 mg right now. In your experience & opinion, would you all recommend coming off remeron 1st  before my taper?

I'm not sure that I want to take it throughout my taper because I'm not sure how long it will last. Then have a heck of a time trying to taper off of it after a really long time. I see a new doc on Monday I plan on asking him, but I'd like to get the advice of some of you who are experienced with it.

Thank you very much,

Laelani

I'm sooo sorry to hear about that Tiger L!!  Be strong and of good courage! 

Your life will get back to normal.. just know that this time is a learning time.. see this time as a time that will get you ready for all circustances in life.

this time will make u even stronger than you already are!

I'm so proud of you for being able to come off of both meds!  Can you go to a hotel for a day or so?  Just so you can get away and relax?

Try to take a nap when ur dad nods off.. how is your mother is she understanding?

Thanks for your support, Coralashley! I know that the problem it's me, not my parents, and it makes me so frustrated not to be able to enjoy their visit, especially considering that my dad might not travel again! I don't know why I'm so insanely anxious around them. I can't possibly go to a hotel without offending them, so I'll have to toughen it up.

I hope you're doing well!

Hi everyone,

I need some advice here. I was put on remeron about 1 month ago due to a failed ativan taper.

It's helped me eat & sleep & with stabilizing before starting my next taper of klonopin which my doctor switched me over to all at once around the same time.  Here's my question, after reading all your posts it seems awfully difficult to come off of. Im on a 2/3 dosage of 15 mg right now. In your experience & opinion, would you all recommend coming off remeron 1st  before my taper?

I'm not sure that I want to take it throughout my taper because I'm not sure how long it will last. Then have a heck of a time trying to taper off of it after a really long time. I see a new doc on Monday I plan on asking him, but I'd like to get the advice of some of you who are experienced with it.

Thank you very much,

Laelani

Hi Laelani, it's impossible to know how you would react to a remeron taper. Some people don't have any problems at all. I, however, experienced intense withdrawal symptoms even though I only took the remeron for 2 weeks, hence I was forced to go back on it and it took me 11 months to get off. I do understand your concerns regarding remeron. Maybe you could try tapering the remeron slowly to see how your body reacts. Allow at least two weeks between each cut, because it sometimes it takes that long to feel the effects of the reduction. You might not experience any w/d symptom, in which case you can continue reducing. However, there is a very real chance that you do get w/d symptoms (namely insomnia, depression, and anxiety), in which case you might want to go back to your normal dose. In my case, my priority was to address the benzo first, however unhappy I was about the weight gain cause by the remeron (which hasn't shed a bit 5 weeks after stopping the remeron). If you can't get completely off remeron at this time, it might be worth trying to take the smallest possible dose. Even at 3.75 mg or less, remeron has powerful effects over sleep and even mood. So that you're not left with a large amount to get rid off after you have completed your benzo taper. However, it seems that the remeron is helping you, so you might not want to rock the boat after having such a hard time stabilizing. Sorry if I can't give you a straight advice, but there are a lot of things to consider in your case!

Tiger Lily

Hi everyone, I hope everyone is good! I need your advice, I am going to start my uk tapering plan for tonight possibly. So I was wondering do you think I should go to half of what I'm on and then do the tapering plan like that? So I go down to 2.4 mg. Then I have to start tapering plan allover again to get to zero from 2.4 mg?

With this idea I would be able to see how it made me feel when I was done with the first tapering. Then if I didn't do so well I can always hold tight so I stable. That's my train of thought and I just wanted to get y'all's opinions. I know I want off the medication so bad because Ive gained weight too and I hate it. But I also want to be able to work to be a mommy and all that other stuff.

Thanks buddies!

Xoxo

Hi everyone,

I've been avoiding the Internet as it tends to stress me out.  I just spent 12 days at my parents cottage and slept great 9 of the 12 nights.  There was a stretch of 7 nights of good sleep in a row...a new record for me.  Last night, my first night home, I was up all night boo!  I could deal with being tired if I didn't have the anxiety to go along with it.  This am I don't even feel tired, just have a racing heart, and racing thoughts.  With crappy nights, I always feel like I'm back at square 1.

Tiger, hang in there.  I know what you mean about not being able to enjoy a visit that you would otherwise be really excited about....try to fake it and hopefully that will put your mind to rest.

Coral, I think it's reasonable to cut in half first.  I have read about a similar plan to yours, except instead of dropping a dose every two weeks, you don't drop until you're stable at the previous drop.  For ex. If you drop your Monday dose, wait to drop a second dose until you are sleeping normally on Mondays.  This could take just two weeks or possibly more.  Good luck!

To Laelani, probably best to drop the benzo first and then the remeron.  It seems to help many through this process. 

Thinking of you all.

Hi Everyone,

Rough patch seems to be getting a little smoother. Anxiety settling, nausea is still yucky. I am reaching a little over 2 weeks since the last cut and that's when things tend to temper for me. And they are. Phew. Will wait until I'm good and stable before I dipsy-dive again.

T. Lil, sorry to hear about the stress you are dealing with. I feel stressful around my parents sometimes too. Hard to explain. And yours is obviously compounded by their advanced age and the illnesses that tend to accompany aging. I try to imagine myself as being as perfectly flexible as bamboo, instead of rigid like an ordinary stick. During a snowfall, an ordinary stick will snap under the weight of heavy wet snow. Whereas bamboo will gently bend until the snow slides off, leaving the bamboo intact. I visualize that. When I do, any problem I encounter slides off me - well, perhaps not that easily, but I find that I am more flexible and don't snap under the weight. You are so strong - off your meds now. Like Coralashley, I am so happy and proud of you.  :)

CORAL! I am so excited, and apprehensive, about you beginning this taper. You're like our little pioneer here. Please check in with us as you do this. You KNOW we are in your corner. Pulling for you. I am wicked anxious about doing the UK plan myself, but if I see you having success, I am likely going to give it a whirl. Because things aren't particularly peachy the way I am cutting.

Laelani, I concur with sleepless. I'd drop the benzo first. I may be having some unpleasant effects of weaning the remeron, but it is NOTHING compared to the benzo withdrawal.

Sleepless, sorry to hear about your crappy nights, but 9 out of 12 isn't so shabby! Still, I know what you mean - swirl the anxiety in w/ the sleep deprivation and oh no, not good. Not good. Hang in there. You now KNOW that good sleep is achievable.

Wishing you all healing and peace. Thinking of you....

-Dave

Hi, it's soooo good to hear from everyone!

Dave, I'm sooooooooooo glad you are feeling better!!!!!!!!!  Yes I am excited to try this tapering plan, debating on whether I'll use it to drop a little lower in dosage before I come off completely.

I just know that everytime I drop or go up on this med it makes me gain more weight.  I cannot handle the way I fit in my clothes, etc. So I may just jump of the stuff completely with the UK plan.

Tiger L, I hope you lose some weight soon.  I know it is soooooooooooo frustrating!  Have you tried any new diets or ways of eating to try to shed some of the weight?  Are you drinking enough water?  Did you notice more wieght gain everytime you cut down your remeron dose and everytime you went back on it?  That is and had happened to me. UGGGG

Sleepless, I'm soooo happy you checked in with us!  I've been thinking about you!  How is your baby? I'm soo happy you've gotten some sleep.. it goes to show that your mostly stressed out at your home.. it's natural thoug.  B/c being home you think more of your responsibilies, your in the environment that reminds you of when you couldn't sleep, etc.  You may want to speak to a counselor about it.. b/c it may help you uncover those feelings.  Just a suggestion and thought to ponder!

Ally, how r u doing?

Well I tried an all fruit diet.. the 30 bananas a day diet.. I wan't eating 30 bananas a day but my food staple was bananas and I only lasted 1 1/2 days on it.. the sugar has really caused me some head fog, wireness in my head and some anxiety. So I will lay off the fruit.

Anyone else have the happen to them while eating fruit?

Thanks everyone!  I will keep u posted when I start the taper!

xoxo

Hello friends-

I have had a rocky 5 days and have not really been up to posting--but here's where I am now. After trying to jump off the rem at 1mg (as I mentioned in my first post), then going about 6 days before I had to reinstate at 1.5mg---I went back to 1mg the day after reinstating since that was where I had been for about a week before jumping. Anyway, the 1mg worked like a charm for about 6 days. I slept great! I felt like it was working better than it had ever worked before. After being off it for a week, it actually made me drowsy when I took it (which really had hardly ever happened before). Anyway- on the 7th night after reinstating, my youngest son had a friend to spend the night and they were kind of loud and woke me as I was starting to dose off a few times early in the night---after that I could never get to sleep. The next day was awful of course (zero sleep makes me a complete mess). Since then, sleep has been very spotty and not much of it :'(. I'm so depressed because I was so hopeful that I now had a "plan" and that I could just reduce really slow and possibly be able to sleep the whole time. If I get my sleep--at least 5 hours, I'm okay....but when I don't, I can barely eat and I'm sooo anxious. I have gone back up to 1.5mg for now.....Coral- you asked me if I had gained any weight--no, I had lost about 15 pounds throughout this whole process and one reason for rem was to make me eat. I'm normally about 118lbs (I'm about 5'4") and right now I weigh 103lbs---I feel unhealthy! Guys---I get so scared that this tiny bit of remeron is bad for my brain somehow.....teasing it with this little bit. Is that crazy? Also- the reason I'm tempted to try the skipping nights is that I wouldn't mind using rem prn as a sleeping aid in the long run b/c I've seen how great it works after you've stopped for a bit.....?

On Monday- I went to see a doc in Atlanta who is anti-psych meds and helps people come off things--although he had not really had a ton of experience with remeron (he is a psychiatrist though). He suggested and gave me several supplements to take all together an hour before bed (of course, I haven't done it yet b/c I'm too scared): 3 mg melatonin, 5htp (and I noticed this also had 25 mg valerian in it some mag and niacin and b6), l theanine and GABA. Last night, I almost tried them around 3am--but I chickened out and just took .5 more of remeron (I had tried 1mg again at bedtime) and went to sleep around 4 something.  What are your thoughts on any of this stuff?

One more thing: the most disturbing symptom for me and night and one that I feel keeps me somewhat awake is skin burning on my arms and legs! It's not hot--but it's just upsetting and I've never had it before except when have gotten scared and have an adrenaline rush- so I'm afraid that's what it is.......does anyone else have this?

Coral- did you start the UK taper?

Dave- glad you are over the rough patch!

Sleepless- 9 out of 12 sounds good. I think you are getting there. I definitely have some anxiety issues on top off (and before )all of this and that is something I know that I have to overcome to beat this--sometimes I get sooo discouraged b/c it seems so hard! I just keep praying God will give me the strength I need. I will pray for all of us:)

Lily- hope you are doing better. I have a family member with Parkinson's and I know how hard it can be--he went through a bout of "sundowners" where he was like a completely different person at night and it was rough for everyone involved. They tweeked his meds a bit and got it straight though.

Leilani--don't know what you decided, but I know it's a hard decision. I have only been using remeron about 3 months and at very low doses and I keep telling myself that I want to get off sooner rather than later--but it did help me after benzos and I'm hoping a slow slow taper will allow me off it and back to normal without to many hiccups--I would taper it last though.

Hope you all are well! Please let me know any opinions on the supplements

Thanks-

Ally

Hi all,

So it looks like I'm stuck on remeron till after my taper is finished.

I'm definitely freaked out about coming off of it, considering all the trouble everyone seems to be having. I'm starting a klonopin taper in 2 weeks which means I'll be on remeron the entire time.

Have any of you tapered from klonopin ? I've been on it for about a month now, switched over from Ativan after a failed taper. Remeron did help me recover from the failed taper....I'm eating & sleeping again, but I've only gained about a pound or 2 since my weight loss of 22 lbs during my failed taper.

As much as I hate to think of staying on remeron any great length of time....I'm hoping it will help me during my taper of k. Especially with eating & sleeping. Right now I'm taking 2/3 of a 15 mg pill. Not sure how many milligrams that is though. Anyway, I follow this board continuously for support & to see how everyone is doing.....& to get tips on how & when to come off remeron after my my benzo wd.

Please keep in touch & wish me luck with my klonopin taper.....I pray that I may succeed this time around & be able to handle the symptoms.

My thoughts are with you all,

Laelani

Laelani,

Please try not to get too down about being on the Remeron until post-taper. Don't freak.

Listen - I'm telling you, I truly think that a lot of what I am feeling are still some lingering benzo symptoms beneath the Remeron that are healing as I taper the Remeron. No doubt that the Remeron is causing me some withdrawal, but this is NOTHING like acute benzo withdrawal. I mean I get nauseous, my anxiety and depression amp up - but NOTHING like benzo withdrawal. That doesn't mean it is pleasant in the least, but it isn't a horror show - especially if you taper smart - and smart can be different for everyone. Some people have ZERO issues coming off Remeron - others have to battle a bit more. At the end of the day, you will succeed.

You totally have my vote of confidence. Taper the K smartly, and if the Remeron is helping you, which it sounds like it is like it did for me, hang with it. Get rid of that big bad benzo, and then drop the Remeron when your body and mind are ready. That is my humble opinion.

I'm sending you HUGE healing energy. Everyone actually.

Hey crew, check in when you all have a chance. I actually went for a 3 mile run today w/ a co-worker and felt pretty darn spunky. I've lost 4 lbs too - ON THE REMERON. How refreshing. Finally.

Best-

-Dave  :)

Dave,

Thank you so, so, so very much for your kind, understanding & encouraging words.

I really believe it's all about HOPE....and that's just what you gave me, a huge shot of HOPE!

That yes I can win & beat this benzo beast, and remeron  after as well.

Thank you for filling me with faith & for your vote of confidence that I can do both & reach my goal of being & living completely med free someday. One day I want to be doing the same thing you are, running for 3 miles or maybe even just a mile.....but to have that freedom & confidence finally, is what will bring me the most ultimate peace & joy.

Thank you with all my heart & soul,

Laelani

Aw Laelani,

I'm so thankful to have given you some encouragement. And please trust that I would not say it if I did not mean it.

You will win. :)

And remember that to run that first mile begins w/ simply taking steps. And you are taking some mighty big ones. Steps towards the freedom and confidence you rightly wish for.

Please continue to do so with complete confidence in your success. Good times and bad times are both like a misty fog - they blow in, they blow out. But underneath the extremes of both good and bad are the essential you - and that is what med-free will uncover for you. I can't wait to be med free too. 6.4 mgs to go for me - and you are also very much on your way.

Oh so happy that you feel lifted - please continue to be in touch here - we are in this together.  :thumbsup:

Healing and blessings be yours,

-Dave

Just a quick update from me as I am trying to keep off the boards.

Sorry some of you seem to be having difficulties right now. It's not pleasant.

Ally YES I get the skin burning a lot - arms, neck etc. Please check your blood pressure as this is a symptom of high blood pressure. Both the Effexor which I am taking to get off the Rem/Mirt have raised it .  I am getting a blood pressure monitor to wear for 24 hours next week and my doc will decide if I need it but I think it is fairly stable right now.  If I get the burning I know my blood pressure is raised.

I am doing fairly well so far.  I don't think I am stabilised on the Effexor yet but Iam now on a 2 week taper to get off the Rem - I was on 15mg.  Am 2 days into 12mg for 2 more days - then 4 days on 8mg,4 days on 4 mg, 2 days on 2mg then off. Am okay so far but it is still early.  Very tired though.  It may get worse but am determined to get off this stuff so  plough through.

Then if I am okayish on the Effexor will probably leave it till next year to start getting off. If not will start end October after various plans we have

I now have amazing support to help me through this. It has all been too much for my poor husband.  My doctor is fantastic and really experienced in drug withdrawals. There is a new rehab here where I live - I am seeing the psychotherapist there for support of symptoms and through this journey. And it may be that I will check in there once I start my Effexor taper but first I have to get off this first nasty beast.

So I have some horrid side effects from  the Effexor but there may be a mix of Rem in there too as it hasn't agreed with me since my cold turkey.  I feel tired and still a but crappy basically right now but am living life, albeit a bit slower. I haven't travelled for a good few weeks now.

Forgive typos On my mobile. I will drop by again once I am off the Remeron

TigerLily I was sorry to hear your journey is not quite over. Time and patience

And Dave - be strong and carry on!

Luv

Angel xx

Hi everyone!

I have to say its great to keep a journal during this whole journey b/c u can look back & c what did or didn't work.

I have Pmdd, which means that around 8-10days before my period I get the worst anxiety. On Thursday I nearly had 2 panik attacks. Once while interviewing someone, it was horrible! And once in front of a potential client.

I didn't know why it wa happening but now I know.. Always before my girl time I get bad anxiety but not like this!

Thursday night it took a while for me to fall asleep and then Friday i was a little freaked out but not so badly.

Then Friday night I looked back in my journal and found that last month at the exact same time I had the exact same thing happen (however it was as bad as this time)

Does anyone else experience this?

I'm feeling fine now. Thursday and friday were shaken but yesterday and today r good. I also started the JNK supplement from the "Road back to recovery". The owner suggests this supplement to help reverse the weight loss, and it helps u feel calmer. It says to take 3 in the morning, I only took 1, but it did make me feel more "on".  This patch has green tea in it, I'm waiting for the new ones to come out that don't have green tea in it.. I don't need any stimulants right now.

I can say from taking it today I am holding less water, peeing a lot, and I've been using the bathroom in the other way as well.

Tomorrow I'll c what the scale says. That will tell me for sure if it's working. I react to things very quickly!

Would love to hear from u all, thanks for chiming in!

Xoxo

Aw Laelani,

I'm so thankful to have given you some encouragement. And please trust that I would not say it if I did not mean it.

You will win. :)

And remember that to run that first mile begins w/ simply taking steps. And you are taking some mighty big ones. Steps towards the freedom and confidence you rightly wish for.

Please continue to do so with complete confidence in your success. Good times and bad times are both like a misty fog - they blow in, they blow out. But underneath the extremes of both good and bad are the essential you - and that is what med-free will uncover for you. I can't wait to be med free too. 6.4 mgs to go for me - and you are also very much on your way.

Oh so happy that you feel lifted - please continue to be in touch here - we are in this together.  :thumbsup:

Healing and blessings be yours,

-Dave

Again Dave, you have truly uplifted my spirits. The past few days have been very dark, scary & depressing for me. I have fear going into this benzo taper, only because of what's happened to me in the past & having to wait & stabilize so I could taper again. Then I think of having to go through tapering remeron as well....it just a gets to me & is overwhelming at times. But then I read messages like both of yours & they fill me with such hope & reassurance.

They really do. So thank you, with all my heart, for lifting me up!

Hugs,

Laelani

:) Totally keep us in the loop, Laelani!

Angel - did I mention how AWESOME it is to hear from you on here??? Keep walking forward, so proud of you!!!

Coralashley, where the heck are you???  ??? Update update, please x 2 - want to know how you are.

T Lil - where/how are you? I like how you're sort of our on-the-go satellite member.

Sleepless - how are you???

Anyone - everyone? What's the scoop?

All is ok here. Stabilizing. I'm going to hold for awhile unless Coralashley is like "Ta da, the UK plan worked and I'm running 20 miles a day now."  :D

Ok. I'm going to bed.

Healing to each of you!

-Dave