Author Topic: Remeron (Mirtazapine) Withdrawal Support Group  (Read 183047 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Remeron (Mirtazapine) Withdrawal Support Group
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2013, 07:51:24 pm »
Hi [...], I'm sorry to hear you're so sick. It's awful. I [...] the person at the other forum is right and that you get better by dropping a mg. Please report.
T. Lily
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2013, 08:09:55 pm »
Hi Lily. I really am ill on this dosage and Alto Strata is an expert on antidepressants and hkped hundreds of people. She has links with the medical community who turn to her for advice so I really do trust her. She was quite right about my reinstating on such a high dose when 3.75 mg would hav sufficed.

It's not like taking advice of a member of some forum.

I know this dose is too high. My blood pressure is right now 190/104 so really high for me. I never had a problem before with BP.

I will take the reduced dose tonight but consult with my doctor tomorrow. I don't have much faith in doctors really. They are the ones who got me onto this mess.  He was the one who doubled my dose because of anxiety when it was this drug [...] the anxiety in the first place.

Will keep you in the loop and thanks for your wishes

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2013, 09:51:44 pm »
Hi [...],

Been wondering how you fared w/ your first night at 6.5 mg. Hopefully all is either no worse or improved.

I feel like I maybe be stabilizing on the 7. It's been 15 days I think, so that falls into line with what I have experienced in other cuts. One thing is for sure, the cuts are getting more difficult to tolerate symptomatically the lower I get.

Anyway, if you have a sec, let me know how things are going for you. Did you see/consult your doc today? I did check out the surviving antidepressants site. Thank you for leading me there. Alto is well-respected, so I suspect her advice is sound. Like you, I trust doctors hardly at all anymore. In fact, having a N.D. (naturopathic doctor) now, I'm kind of a western medicine drop-out.  :) He's a true-[...] doc - that is, he can write a script for Remeron, but wouldn't if it wasn't for withdrawal purposes.

-[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2013, 12:30:37 am »
Yes, [...], I'm also wondering how you feel after dropping 1 mg.

I'm glad that you're stabilizing, [...]. Does it take you 2 weeks to stabilize? Mirtazapine-wise, it takes me about 3 weeks. But I'm not really in pain. I do have a bit of anxiety, I'm more prone to distraction and I'm having nightmares nearly every night. Sometimes I remember my dreams, sometimes I don't, but I'm waking up in terror most nights. Weird. My partner traveled for a week, so I'm stupidly scared of sleeping alone.  :-[   I'm also feeling anxious around people. My psych said that Remeron is used to treat social anxiety, therefore it's not uncommon that now that I'm withdrawing from it I feel like fleeing when I'm in social gatherings.

Anyway, I was just checking how everybody is doing with their w/d. Good luck to everyone.

[Buddie]

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2013, 01:17:39 am »
Actually, [...], I'm curious about your naturopath. How can he prescribe? Is it because of the state where you live? Here in New York naturopaths are not recognized, so then can't prescribe medicine or even order blood tests. That's why I found my naturopathic doctor very useless, she didn't tell me anything that I didn't know already, she couldn't even help me find a compounding pharmacy, and my health insurance wouldn't cover my visits to her office. As much as I distrust conventional medicine, at least my psych was able to track a compounding pharmacy and order thyroid and blood sugar tests for me. A pity, really, because I was looking forward to going the naturopathic way.

[Buddie]

« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2013, 02:16:59 am »
Hi T. Lil,

Yes, it's looking like 2 to 2.5 weeks is stabilization for me at this point - pretty[...] up to that point, but then it evens out - like now. I'm going to start giving at least 3 weeks (maybe even 4) to thoroughly stabilize so that I am on sure footing w/ each cut. Interesting what you noted about the social gatherings. I too have had a bit of social anxiety - and that is TOTALLY not me. Actually, I'm experiencing pretty much everything you noted. With a little depression thrown in too. And some dizziness heavy-headedness. No night terrors though. So sorry! I [...] your dreams are tranquil this eve. We will be much better off when we leave the mirt behind us.

Yes, in Vermont, naturopaths are recognized and can not only prescribe and order blood work, but insurance recognizes them equally as physicians - so that is to say, he is covered w/ a typical co-pay. I feel wicked lucky - wicked lucky. Your psych sounds forward-thinking, and that is key. Good idea on the thyroid and sugar tests - I had the same done. Both checked out fine. It's the mirt. I bet you will find the same.

So, we wait to hear from [...]. I believe her profile says she is in Europe, so hopefully sleeping peacefully on 6.5 mgs tonight.

Thanks for checking in - let's keep walking forward.  :)

-[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2013, 09:54:49 am »
Hi guys

Thanks soooooooo much for checking up on me.

I took my first 6.5mg dose 2 nights ago.  When I took it, I did not sleep the whole night but, amazingly, the next day (yesterday, although I was absolutely exhausted) I had a much better day.  I felt the best I have felt in the past month since I reinstated on the 7.5mg.  I did have a few waves but they passed - the waves are mainly stomach cramps and I did have very minor burning a couple of times but could distract.  I did not have palpitations that I am aware of.  I felt a bit crappy in the afternoon at some point so thought I had better take a beta blocker in case my blood pressure was high - which it might have been as that is one of the side effects of this drug - but I was fine.   I am pretty sure the 7.5mg was too activating for me and I don't think I would have stabilised on it as it was having adverse effects.

I slept very well last night on the 6.5mg - am still having some stomach cramps but overall much better.

It is early days but am hoping that I will stablise and the best thing is that I have inadvertently dropped a whole dose now!

Yes, I did see the doctor [...].  He could not believe I was having such problems withdrawing from Mirt and looked at me like I was mad when I told him I was taking 6.5mg as he said you can't cut the tablet so precisely and what is wrong with 7.5mg?!  He told me to stay at this dose for another week and then halve it and halve again.  He said my reaction probably proves I have an anxious personality and I need to stay on an antianxiety for life and if I don't want pharmaceutical then should go for herbal.  I just said, yeah yeah!  I know I DO NOT have an anxiety disorder and it is the drugs.

He is however supporting my liquid taper (although he thinks it is not necessary) and has prescribed me the soltabs which I can mix in water as he says the liquid is too expensive.  That is fine, I don't mind.  It's quite easy to prepare the liquid.

He has given me another prescription for beta blockers for the blood pressure but I am not going to take them regularly to be honest.  I don't like the way they make me feel and I am pretty sure that once I am off this poison my blood pressure will go back to normal.

I was going to leave it a few more days before I wrote any progress as these things can change but it has got off to a good start so far and will continue to update.

I'm sorry I have just skipped through this thread and may have missed something.  Will go back to it later.  Sorry you are both having your minor troubles but am glad to hear you may be stabilising [...].

Am really touched by your concern.

[...] xx

[Buddie]

« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2013, 10:41:08 am »
[...],

Very glad to hear from you - and it sounds like things are ok.  :)

I [...] you have continued success @ 6.5 mg! Your doctor sounds a little narrow-minded, but glad he seems to be going w/ your general plan nonetheless. It's your body - it's your mind. You're reclaiming it.

Also, I totally understand why you would wait to write a progress report here. Things are so subject to change. First hand example, yesterday I was feeling better - this morning, not so much.  :( Mornings tend to be the most difficult time of day for me anyway, but the nausea and other gastro stuff is really terrible today and the anxiety is feeling pretty up there too. Hoping for true stabilization soon.

OK, I have some things to do here. T. Lil will be happy to see your post too.

Let's keep talking.  :)

-[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2013, 12:51:50 pm »
Hi [...]

Yes I will probably only update again in a while as symptoms may change and it has only been 2 days on the new dose.  However, I finally, after 5 weeks (including the C/T week) had an appetite today - nothing major, but just the fact I felt hungry.  Up to now I have been forcing myself to eat and I have dropped at least 10 or 12 lbs.  That, to me, is an indication that the 6.5mg may work.

I just met a man in the pharmacist who told me he had taken 3 years to get off a single Ativan pill by dry-cutting!  I don't know how he did it but it made me feel better about the taper period.  The pharmacist definitely agrees that slow cuts are the way to go.

From what I have read, the waves and windows of symptoms are pretty normal, much like benzos but not as bad, I don't think.  During benzo w/ds I was truly incapacitated and never thought they would end, but they did.  I am sure they will improve all round soon.  So stay strong and update when you can.

Best wishes
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2013, 01:03:20 pm »
Thanks [...], I will continue to update - and you too please!   :)

I have a question you may or may not be able to give advice on. But it seems you have perused the Surviving AD board a little deeper than I. Is there anyway to know whether you should updose a tick? I mean, my sxs are nasty, uncomfortable, etc - but at what point do you say, ok, maybe I cut too big, I should up-dose a little. I wake up in the mornings (and mornings tend to be bad) wondering ok, should I up or hold - up or hold? Jeez. Any ideas?

I have, over the last few days - resigned myself to a long, gradual process. mucho tiempo, lento, y exitoso.

Check in when you can, T. Lil.

-[...]