Author Topic: Remeron (Mirtazapine) Withdrawal Support Group  (Read 256669 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Remeron (Mirtazapine) Withdrawal Support Group
« Reply #3630 on: May 20, 2022, 04:13:29 pm »
dear ask,
thank you for all of this information -- my issue is I am tapering Xanax and cannot taper the mirtazapine until I am done with Xanax taper (having a very hard time doing so) ......if I can't reduce the mirtazapine, would taking the amino acids be a problem in terms of detox (too much trying to push through my CYP450) or in potentiating the medication I am on (esp the mirt)? 

thanks so much
grace

Grace-

(1) If one is nutrient sufficient (big if), taking aminos will not cause one to herx from detox. If one is not nutrient sufficient, or they are in active chronic fatigue syndrome so that detox pathways are not functioning properly, they could, because the aminos help detox but they need other nutrients to complete the job without [...] a herx. Best practice would be to start with one capsule of aminos and see, add and go up. I only take a supplement that has every amino acid, as they appear in protein, to prevent overdriving any one process. I give the body all the aminos and let it choose what to use.

(2) If a person is tapering Xanax, their body is using up niacin at break neck speed and pulling their serotonin down, so one wouldn't need to worry about serotonin syndrome from taking aminos, especially in a supplement that has all of them. Truthfully, serotonin syndrome is just not as much of a risk when a person going through withdrawal, because withdrawal makes one deficient in serotonin. Also, the body has to use nutrition to convert tryptophan to 5htp and 5htp to serotonin, so the body gets to make the choice as to whether to make more serotonin, whether you need it or not. Nevertheless, the symptoms of serotonin syndrome are pretty obvious-- shivering, feeling juiced-- if one felt these symptoms, one would just stop taking the offending supplement.

[...] this helps...not medical advice. --[...]  :smitten:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3631 on: May 20, 2022, 04:17:29 pm »
So I just wanna ask, to be clear- none of you guys actually had a set back in your benzo recovery or an increase in symptoms due to mirtaz, its more so that its difficult to get off of?

I added Mirt at the very end when I jumped. I used the Mirt to get off the benzo. It alleviated the symptoms of benzo withdrawal. I was able to easily lower my Mirt from 60mg down to 30mg (then later 15mg) at 2 years post-benzo. ( See my signature) But I got stuck at 15mg Mirt and could not lower any more. I'm now at 5mg Mirt by using DAO enzyme, aminos, niacin, etc.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3632 on: May 20, 2022, 05:00:52 pm »
Thank you! Wow 60mg is a high dose, I thought the maximum was 45mg?

Your answer is appreciated and best of luck! How are you feeling at 5mg?

Edit: Oh I just saw, no symptoms. Brilliant!

[Buddie]

« Reply #3633 on: May 22, 2022, 07:58:06 pm »
Hey [...],

How are you feeling?
And What do you think of this supplement?

https://www.pureformulas.com/hist-reset-120-capsules-by-pure-encapsulations.html?accountid=53000524&CAWELAID=530005240008912037&CATARGETID=530005240008837952&CADevice=c&gclid=Cj0KCQjwvqeUBhCBARIsAOdt45aURCmIgZ8EGE3igpYlwhztH_FoirS2QyGS6almOUBaavntafM_Dc8aAql_EALw_wcB?

Seeking -
I have typically only heard of sxs like that from Mirt w/d not from Mirt itself. It sounds still like benzo w/d. But maybe someone else has a different thought.

How's everyone else doing? Ox, [...], [...], Jack, Grace?

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #3634 on: May 26, 2022, 01:39:32 am »
Hey [...],

How are you feeling?
And What do you think of this supplement?

https://www.pureformulas.com/hist-reset-120-capsules-by-pure-encapsulations.html?accountid=53000524&CAWELAID=530005240008912037&CATARGETID=530005240008837952&CADevice=c&gclid=Cj0KCQjwvqeUBhCBARIsAOdt45aURCmIgZ8EGE3igpYlwhztH_FoirS2QyGS6almOUBaavntafM_Dc8aAql_EALw_wcB?

Seeking -
I have typically only heard of sxs like that from Mirt w/d not from Mirt itself. It sounds still like benzo w/d. But maybe someone else has a different thought.

[...]

Thanks. Trying to hold mirt. CNS still haywire 4 months post jump. This is nuts.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3635 on: May 30, 2022, 07:28:56 pm »

[...]

I'm back from my trip to Portugal, but leaving for a wedding abroad tomorrow, so still holding. Had a difficult week the first days away, but glad I am holding to let everything catch up.

I have been reading a lot about the four phases of recovery of benzo withdrawal, coming off Mirtazapine, taking aminos and histamine issues. Reading Daves and juneeight's story.

I am not sure right now if I should continue tapering, or continue my long hold. Want to get to a place of real stability first and monitor what part is side-effects and what part is withdrawal.

I will probably study the low histamine diet, start an activated b-complex and see where this gets me. The DAO enzymes should work too, but it's too expensive for me right now. Also, it seems whey isolate worked for [...] instead of the amino supplement. Might [...] that as well.

[...] everybody is ok.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3636 on: May 30, 2022, 08:59:45 pm »
Hey everyone, Iím kinda trying to avoid groups for the summerÖ just to give myself a break from this topic, as it suddenly consumed my life for at least six months and Iím focusing on living after emerging from the damn ashes.

However, Iím doing okay - now down to 9.39mg Mirt, and havenít had particular noticeable withdrawal thus far, so Iím praying itís like this until the end. Iím going to Copenhagen to see deadmau5 next week and pretty stoked about it. ☺️ it will be my first flight since March 2020. Wishing you all the best for the next few months, Ií[...] catch up with you in September.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3637 on: May 31, 2022, 07:34:03 am »
Hi all

enjoy the wedding Ox, and great getting on a flight [...].

Iím off the diazepam into 10th month clear now, and two months off the mirt.

Sleep getting so much better - yes I still wake up, but now every 2 hours and i get back to sleep fairly quickly.

Biggest issue is still muscle stiffness -primarily the hips. So so fed up with it - is it the drugs or is it me?  Physio diagnosed anterior pelvic tilt so having shockwave and then can start strengthening my back. If itís the diazepam still surely at some stage it will all go!

Best to everyone.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3638 on: May 31, 2022, 03:43:31 pm »
[...] - that's really great news! Enjoy the summer.
Ox - sounds like some nice travel, though sorry you're feeling a bit stuck in the taper. Curious to see what winds up helping you. I have found a lot of good info in [...] and Juneights threads, as well.
[...] - sounds like you're making good progress.
I'm holding Mirt at 4mg until I finish my diazepam taper, which has been up and down.

Good luck everyone, and take good care.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3639 on: May 31, 2022, 07:17:16 pm »
Hi all

enjoy the wedding Ox, and great getting on a flight [...].

Iím off the diazepam into 10th month clear now, and two months off the mirt.

Sleep getting so much better - yes I still wake up, but now every 2 hours and i get back to sleep fairly quickly.

Biggest issue is still muscle stiffness -primarily the hips. So so fed up with it - is it the drugs or is it me?  Physio diagnosed anterior pelvic tilt so having shockwave and then can start strengthening my back. If itís the diazepam still surely at some stage it will all go!

Best to everyone.

Thats awesome [...].