Author Topic: Remeron (Mirtazapine) Withdrawal Support Group  (Read 213095 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Remeron (Mirtazapine) Withdrawal Support Group
« Reply #2950 on: August 01, 2021, 10:58:23 am »
JUMPED!

Tonight I finally took my last dose.

Wow Jack, tremendous work! Really solid taper, let us know how you do! Congratulations!

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2951 on: August 02, 2021, 12:07:18 am »
Just posting what is left of my Remeron taper in my signature before I edit it. I ran out of characters to post the rest of it. It has happened before and I cut out some of it but this time I am going to remove a lot of my cuts and get my characters down significantly. At least it will be here if I need to reference it.

8/21/19 started mirt taper 13.5 9/4 13.2 9/11 12.6 9/18 12 9/26 11.4
10/13 11.1 10/20 10.8
11/10 10.5 11/17 10.2 11/24 9.9
12/1 9.6 12/9 9.3 12/16 9 12/23/19 8.7
1/5/20 8.55 1/9/20 8.4 1/16 8.1 1/23 7.8 1/30 7.5 2/6 7.2 2/13 6.9 2/20 6.6 2/27 6.3 3/5 6 3/12 5.7 3/19
5.4 3/26 5.1
6/1 4.95  6/4 4.8 6/8 4.65 6/11 4.5
6/15 4.35
6/18 4.2
7/6 4.05
8/11 3.15
9/19 3
10/1 2.64
11/1 2.04
12/1 1.68
1/1 1.38
3/1 1.08
4/5 .78
6/21 .3
6/27 .24
7/4 .18
7/11 .12
7/18 .06 mg

Jack you have done a great job, man. I am celebrating you.
Could i ask you what have you suffered most after 5-6 mg till zero. I cant understand how depression sucked me after 8mgs till 5mg(now). It is very hard to cope with. Have you suffered that either ?

Honestly [...] I have not suffered depression. I mean I have felt depressed about missing out on so many things the past few years. I feel a lot of despair and regret. However, it is not induced by the medication and I am able to work through it on my own. It is normal to feel negative emotions during and after going through something as awful and traumatic as this. I can only speak for myself as I know how severe my withdrawal was but outside of this group I suppose I would have to speak to a prisoner of war or the like to find an equal on the level of torture I endured. I am not being dramatic or sensational, I sincerely believe that. I mean I was literally locked in a room against my will and tortured and experimented on. I really believe that the doctors that ďtreatedĒ me in the hospital were sociopaths. They destroyed my body mentally and physically and I had to lie my way out of there. My family had to go all the way to the president of the hospital just to get me out. People who had no family were kept there and experimented on, some for months or years. It was insane. The doctors threatened me multiple times. One doctor actually told me that she was ďin chargeĒ of me now and that I would take whatever she told me. I almost backspaced all of this but I am going to leave it. I donít talk about it. I should because I know I am not the only one. Having been through this and having been through the horrific death of my daughter I do get depression. But again like I said itís not from the drugs. I suppressed a lot of the things I just said here. The way itís making me feel I can see why I would.
Tapering mirt did get harder the lower I went. Youí[...] notice in my signature that the first year I went from 15mg to 3 mg and the last 3 mg took an entire year on itís own.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2952 on: August 02, 2021, 08:14:08 am »
That sounds horrible Jack. I'm so sorry for what you have been through!  :(

[Buddie]

« Reply #2953 on: August 03, 2021, 12:02:12 am »
I'm feeling stuck and discouraged.  I decreased from 22.5mg to 15mg back in February 2021.  I've had so many symptoms, but there are a few that haven't improved since I've reduced.  The worst is the burning.  I have it on my arms, legs, hands, face, scalp, mouth, gums.  Some days are worse than others, but it just doesn't seem to go away.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I know that it's common in benzo withdrawal, but I've honestly tried everything to help, including holding this dose for six months now.  I didn't experience it prior to tapering, so I really feel like it's a withdrawal symptom. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #2954 on: August 03, 2021, 04:37:24 pm »
Just tell tapered zopiclone. My acid got bad. Just a week now  cut a quarter off my 15 mirt tablet. My burning when i eat even worse..same happpened reducing diaz so i went back on to clonaz. No change.
I still have clonaz to go. I have now the chiice of liquid .mirt here uk. 1ml is 15mg. My [...] has said reduce by 0.1 ml every week. Is that ok? I at mo bave cut quarter off my 15 mg tablet. Maybe thats too much so i w ordered the liquid and will start again at 1ml reducing 0.1 ml each week what [...] says. Any comnentd welcome

Jack soo sorry re your daughter. You deserve happiness now what hell youve been through.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2955 on: August 03, 2021, 05:24:11 pm »
Just tell tapered zopiclone. My acid got bad. Just a week now  cut a quarter off my 15 mirt tablet. My burning when i eat even worse..same happpened reducing diaz so i went back on to clonaz. No change.
I still have clonaz to go. I have now the chiice of liquid .mirt here uk. 1ml is 15mg. My [...] has said reduce by 0.1 ml every week. Is that ok? I at mo bave cut quarter off my 15 mg tablet. Maybe thats too much so i w ordered the liquid and will start again at 1ml reducing 0.1 ml each week what [...] says. Any comnentd welcome

Jack soo sorry re your daughter. You deserve happiness now what hell youve been through.

.1ml is way too fast in my opinion. I have not seen too many people who needed to taper who were successful in going that fast. If you were able to taper remeron in 10 weeks then you could probably just cold turkey which I donít recommend. Not everyone needs to taper Remeron. The only problem is that you wonít know which side of that you are on until it is too late. Now if you know you are going to taper then starting with a .1 ml reduction is great. That is a 1.5 mg cut off of your 15 mg dose which is exactly 10 percent which is what even the manufacturer of Remeron recommends in their pamphlet for discontinuation. I started with a 1.5 mg cut and it caused some pretty brutal symptoms which subsided in about 3 weeks. If you make that .1 ml cut I would wait 1 month to see if you get any symptoms. If you do not experience any symptoms then I could see how a faster taper would be reasonable. It seems that the average is 2 years. Some do it successfully in 6-12 months and some do it in several years. However, in my opinion for a drug that most spend years tapering 10 weeks is not much different mathematically than a cold turkey. Doctors do not seem to be educated on this. You need to listen to your body and your symptoms will dictate the speed and length of your taper. It is very personal and you will have to figure it out as you go along. But .1 ml is a great starting cut, however if you cut a week later you will be cutting before the symptoms of the first cut have completely settled on you. For most symptoms peak about 3-7 days after a cut and donít settle down for a while. Start slow you can always speed up later if it turns out you are one of the lucky ones.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 07:00:01 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #2956 on: August 03, 2021, 06:08:16 pm »
Just a week now  cut a quarter off my 15 mirt tablet. I still have clonaz to go.

Hi [...],

I am wondering, you are tapering a benzo and Mirtazapine? The first thing that I think of is, why the rush? Why not do a solid taper of the Clonazolam and wait with tapering the Mirtazapine? I am just curious. If you do go through with tapering Mirt, then I think Jack's advise is very good. Slow but steady. And no, doc's are not well informed about this. I wish you a lot of luck. Last time I tapered 15 mg in half a year and this was way too fast. Had a lot of difficult weeks. If you have access to liquid, give yourself some time and go slow. Good luck!

Also, just curious, is your name '[...]' after the famous dutch soccerplayer? I'm dutch as well. That's why I wonder.  ;)

[Buddie]

« Reply #2957 on: August 04, 2021, 09:50:30 am »
Hello Jack thankyou very very much for all youve said. I am getting the ljquid again. My [...] is happy to do what i feel as you said. Reason wanted off was weight gain over 17 months ans uncontrable bad carbs sweet eating makjng me border diabetic now and still hungry but have tried real hard no biscuits etc. I cut quarter off my 15 tablet 2 weeks this Friday im not too good but dont know whats cahsing what as

Yes oxy im still on 0.5 ckonaz. I have the liquid and tried it 2 nights as have been given a 6 ninth taper plan but now i know i must not taper both. Spoke to [...]. She says my case ia complex as i have pain yeats estinf which seem to have got far worse since i tapered off zopiclone after 2half years and wirse sinnce reduced mirtaz. Ive no idea whats going on whats [...] what. I do have gastritis but never like this. I am waitinf test resukts of manometary and BRAVO. Food is affecting how i sleep. It feels like my oesophagus is t working good and stomach skow to empty.  If nothing the consuktant is discharging me...then im stumped.

My main thing is im alresdy in such pain eating and bad muscle knee pain since hip fracture so cant walk far. I know if taper clon pain will increase. My [...] said its up to me. The liquid clon taper she wrote was 0.1ml every few weeks. Long taper..the other from a good benzo charity have given me a 6 month liquid but another lady there said you can cut your 0.5 clon tablets in half take quarter off see how go but seems to me a quarter off 0.5 is about equiv to 2mg diaz?
Jack did you wake feeking weak in arms legs tapering mirt? Did your eyes feel dry and funny and hard to concentrate?
[...] is my maiden name Oxy. My father said once he thinks somewhere down the line ancestors cane from Belgium.
I

[Buddie]

« Reply #2958 on: August 04, 2021, 05:51:27 pm »
Yes, the weight gain is a thing. It's the worst! I am trying very hard not to gain weight, but it's so hard. The weight gain was reason for me to taper Mirtazapine fast. But this time, I am going to take it slow, which is a challenge for me. I will wait for the right time.

And your story about your maidenname makes sense. It is def. a dutch/flemish name.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2959 on: August 04, 2021, 07:13:10 pm »
Oh ta my dad was right re name.

I [...] soooo hard not to eat but its still a bightmare. Its made me borderkine diabetic and high cholesterol. I would do a fast but dont eat..pain. tapering mirt did you feel weak arms legs on waking etc,