Author Topic: Remeron (Mirtazapine) Withdrawal Support Group  (Read 185687 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Remeron (Mirtazapine) Withdrawal Support Group
« Reply #2740 on: October 21, 2020, 10:41:41 pm »
I just finished my long taper of Mirtezapine 5 days ago and Iím getting slammed. I slow tapered for about 19 months off 3.75Mg Mirtezapine. I went all the way down to a tiny dot of powder. I am relieved to be off from it so now to heal. I [...] these withdrawal symptoms pass soon. I was wondering how [...] is doing now since he came off.

:smitten:[...]

Hi [...],
             Happy to hear you made it to zero. I [...] your symptoms pass soon. Last we heard from [...] he was not doing well and had reinstated to 1 mg. His last post where he mentioned it he had tapered down to .8 mg. He jumped from .1 mg. If you went lower you may have better luck. My taper is supposed to end at .06 mg which is quite a bit different from where he jumped and I am hoping it affords me better luck. I am getting slammed right now myself. I am at 2.28 mg and I am not sure what happened. It may be seasonal allergy related because I got slammed with the same symptoms last October and ended up in the ER on Oct 27 of last year. As soon a first frost hit and killed the ragweed I tapered symptom free after that at the same speed until I got slammed again in March which also happens to be the first month of spring allergies around here. What sucks is that according to the weather forecast we may not see first frost for another month this year. Uggh. Right now I feel like I have a 101 fever but I am 98.1, so weird.

I am really crossing my fingers that you get a break soon.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2741 on: October 22, 2020, 12:29:05 am »
I'm getting hit too Jack. I think it's seasonal allergies ramped up from Mirt [...] a wave. It's such[...] stuff.

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2742 on: October 22, 2020, 06:19:11 am »
Jack and [...],have you ever tried a low histamine diet?I think you should consider some about it which definitely will give you some relief from foods.

BTW,i am really struggling with ulcer which supplements gave.One of you have ever suffered it?What does it add to our gut flora,what is the mechanism underlying it?I feel more depressive and anxious after having ulcer onset. Is there a histamine friendly nondrug solution which you could suggest. I [...] it soothes soon.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2743 on: October 22, 2020, 10:56:10 am »
Jack and [...],have you ever tried a low histamine diet?I think you should consider some about it which definitely will give you some relief from foods.

BTW,i am really struggling with ulcer which supplements gave.One of you have ever suffered it?What does it add to our gut flora,what is the mechanism underlying it?I feel more depressive and anxious after having ulcer onset. Is there a histamine friendly nondrug solution which you could suggest. I [...] it soothes soon.

Hi [...],
           Yes I have tried the histamine diet. It works great. But I have been way off of it lately. I am currently starting to tighten it back up. I have had stomach problems my whole life. I have had multiple ulcers, gastritis, duodenities, esophagitis on and off over the years. I have to head out to work right now. I'[...] give you a bunch of pointers when I get home later, I have a lot of info for you on that topic.

Jack

[Buddie]

« Reply #2744 on: October 22, 2020, 12:48:34 pm »

Hi [...],
           Yes I have tried the histamine diet. It works great. But I have been way off of it lately. I am currently starting to tighten it back up. I have had stomach problems my whole life. I have had multiple ulcers, gastritis, duodenities, esophagitis on and off over the years. I have to head out to work right now. I'[...] give you a bunch of pointers when I get home later, I have a lot of info for you on that topic.

Jack

Hi brother,
I am happy to hear that you have some clues about it. Because,  if i had it while in not wd, it woild be painful again but not bring any extra problems like broking gut etc. This gave me hugh anxiety and sometimes depression. You know i havent suffered too much depression. But Ascorbic Acid totally sucked my digestion system and i am here with struggle. Now i am taking cold press olive oil and coconut oil before meals. Pomegranate between meals. I am thinking to take black seed oil. Lots of brocoli, cauli and cabbage in small amounts which they are supposed to cut ulcer in short term. Today, i bought a natural mixture from a naturashop, saw it contains St John Worth and then gave back. No need to add extra problems to this. I will be waiting your message. I want to be free this gastritis and ulcer without drug(and i know they destroy also)not to wish escape itself, just wishing to have a peaceful wd for Gut..

One more thing.Is it usual to take panic due to ulcer,gastritis etx.Tx
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 06:42:35 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #2745 on: October 22, 2020, 01:51:38 pm »
Hi [...]. Sorry I don't have experience with ulcers. I take zero supplements/vitamins because I seem to get bad reactions every time I [...] one. My diet is not great and I have not tried a low histamine diet--it sounds too restrictive. I might [...] it at some point but now just [...] not too eat too much sugar. I notice lots of sugar makes w/d worse. I am going slow on my taper because I want minimum withdrawal. I still get hit though. Good luck.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #2746 on: October 22, 2020, 02:40:50 pm »
Hi [...], [...] and Jack, thank you all for the congratulations. It does feel great to be off this med. No more weighing pills. I went through 3 scales towards the end and I got so low on my dose that my scale wouldnít weigh anymore. Anything below 0.04grams it just wouldnít weigh it so I ended up eyeballing it. My last month was literally a tiny speck, it felt ridiculous to keep doing it but I did anyway.

This medication is different then when I tapered Valium. The withdrawal is different. Valium seemed more predictable. Iím feeling better today but I know this swings wildly from day to day. I tried some Magnesium Calm the other day and I believe it sent me in a tailspin. Iím just going to put all supplements away for awhile. I canít take C either. Messed me up also.

Sorry, [...] about the ulcer.  I can only imagine how painful that would be. Stomach issues are the worst.

Allergies were bad for me too, Jack but now am doing better with that. Iím in Iowa and we have had snow twice now and more coming Sunday.

[...], are you still tapering Mirtezapine?

Thanks so much everyone. Ií[...] keep you posted.

[...] :smitten: :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #2747 on: October 22, 2020, 09:43:37 pm »
Hi [...]. Yes I am tapering Mirt. I'm going on about the same pace as you are, but started at 7.5 mg. Tonight I am making a cut to the 5's. Yes, avoid supplements for now as your nervous system is adjusting. I notice lately that I am reacting to different things, numbing gel at the dentist, antifungal spray for my rash, coffee, etc. Remember it's all windows and waves and it keeps getting better. Good luck [...], you've done the hard work.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #2748 on: October 23, 2020, 01:19:08 am »

Hi [...],

Jack

Hi brother,
I am happy to hear that you have some clues about it. Because,  if i had it while in not wd, it woild be painful again but not bring any extra problems like broking gut etc. This gave me hugh anxiety and sometimes depression. You know i havent suffered too much depression. But Ascorbic Acid totally sucked my digestion system and i am here with struggle. Now i am taking cold press olive oil and coconut oil before meals. Pomegranate between meals. I am thinking to take black seed oil. Lots of brocoli, cauli and cabbage in small amounts which they are supposed to cut ulcer in short term. Today, i bought a natural mixture from a naturashop, saw it contains St John Worth and then gave back. No need to add extra problems to this. I will be waiting your message. I want to be free this gastritis and ulcer without drug(and i know they destroy also)not to wish escape itself, just wishing to have a peaceful wd for Gut..

One more thing.Is it usual to take panic due to ulcer,gastritis etx.Tx

So, in the past when I have had an ulcer or bad gastritis with it came panic attacks and weird breathing issues. I think it has to do with irritation of the vagus nerve. So, it is tough to take care of without meds but I will give you a rundown on meds and non medication remedies and how well they work and how they may interact here.

Firstly, olive oil and coconut oil are in my opinion terrible options for ulcer. They are both extremely acidic. They are frequently recommended for their ability to kill H Pylori bacteria which is a leading cause of ulcer. However if your ulcer/gastritis is not caused by H Pylori like in your case where you believe the cause was irritation from acidic supplements I would steer clear of acidic oils. They are very healthy so by all means cook with them but limit their use for sure.

Bread. If you can tolerate bread then this is great for soaking up stomach acid and fats in the stomach that irritate the stomach lining. DO NOT eat fresh bread. Fresh bread like Italian bread or fresh rolls or bagels have active yeast and will irritate your digestive tract. This is a scenario where wonder bread is actually the healthier option for you for now. I have found that it doesn't matter much if it is whole wheat or white. Whatever you can tolerate. I know it does not go with a histamine diet so see how it goes. Many with histamine intolerance tolerate this type of bread just fine. I know I do.

Water. You need to drink a ton of water. If your kidneys are healthy your body can process 15 liters of water safely a day. I am not saying to drink that much but do be sure not to exceed that amount. You should drink enough water that your urine is clear at all times. Any time I have had gastritis this was the most important thing I have done. To this day when I have a gastritis attack coming on I reach for the water first. I will drink a half of liter every hour for the entire day. Yes, I make many trips to the bathroom, lol. This is also great for HISTAMINE! Drinking large amounts of water flushes out your body and removes histamine and other toxins that lead to your body's production of histamine. However, do not drink water 1 hour before or after eating large meals. It will slow down the digestion time in your stomach and cause more irritation. Water should not be ice cold. Room temperature is best and don't chug.

Tums. This works great for relieving pain by instantly reducing the acid in your stomach. However, it is technically a calcium supplement so be cautious if that bothers you in any way.

Gavison. This stuff works the best. It is the best over the counter medication for gastritis. I buy the mint flavor. However, I can not currently use it because it has large amounts of magnesium in it as the active ingredient. Having withdrawn from benzos magnesium destroys my world so no go for me. You have not withdrawn from benzos or any gaba related drugs that I recall so this may be okay for you.

Carafate. This is a prescription drug in the United States. I have used the pills and liquid. Pills are a waste and the liquid is expensive as hell and damn near the best stuff on the market for healing ulcers or gastritis. It basically forms a metallic coating over your entire stomach lining and serves as a temporary stomach lining while your actual lining is protected so that it can rebuild. This stuff works great but it had some weird side effects like light headedness and I don't know what mechanism causes this so that would require some homework. Also, it coats everything so well that it blocks absorption of just about everything including your Remeron dose. So you would have to follow the instructions closely on how to leave a large enough window of time between your Remeron dose and taking this stuff so that it breaks down and allows absorption. It wears off of your stomach often and is dosed every four hours or so. So you would still be able to take Mirt it would just have to be well coordinated.

PPI,s work great but are damn near impossible to discontinue and they do actually have some psychological side effects that many are unaware of.

Zantac/Pepcid AC are H2 antihistamines which reduce stomach acid. Not sure if they would interact with Mirt. Mirt is an H1 antihistamine and I do not know if there is any crossover here. Zantac continues to have recalls due to containing high levels of some sort of carcinogen so maybe go with Pepcid if you decide to [...] one.

Remember, this is an uphill battle because histamine is what tells your stomach how much acid to produce. This is why H2 antihistamines like Pepcid AC work in reducing stomach acid. You are tapering off of a drug which increases histamine levels and you have gastritis and your stomach is likely overproducing acid.

My go to when things are really bad as simple as they are is WATER and BREAD. That's the best non medication things I have. Soak up the grease and acid and dilute the acid and at the same time flush out the stomach.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2749 on: October 23, 2020, 05:51:26 am »
Thank you very much Jack.

I think i [...] [...] to solve it with natural ones.I absolutely agree water and bread idea.Then, i am trying now bitter melon-a kind of cucumber(it is said that it works wonder-and i prefer it to drugs) and small amounts of ginger. Ginger is wonderful about stopping the nauseous reactions.I [...] be cautious about curing it naturally as much as i can.I loved the principle that the acid makes vagus nerve disturbed and it explains why we all react with anxiety.I read a doc in Iran who cured their patients with only water.Thats amazing.Thanks for great support.Like you had lived in early times of this year,i feel myself poor but thankfully THIS TOO SHALL PASS!

Thanks a lot brother.

[...]