Author Topic: Remeron (Mirtazapine) Withdrawal Support Group  (Read 181111 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Remeron (Mirtazapine) Withdrawal Support Group
« Reply #2700 on: July 09, 2020, 08:38:56 am »
Do u think that being cautious upon eating is more important when waves hit than normal times? When there isnt a strong wave and i eat some unwanted foods, i get unpleasant effects, but somehow i achieve to tolerate it. But, now i am on a strong anx. wave and when i eat some unwanted foods like i ate stuffed brine grape leaf yesterday, it hits me stronger than normal. I am trying to cope with this kind of anxiety with taking some Vit C. But, it doesnt cut my anxiety completely. Eating is such important?Thank you
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2701 on: July 14, 2020, 11:40:29 pm »
Hi again everyone ...  :crazy:

At the start of this month, I had to come off very-low-dose Mirtazapine after just a week. Before that, I'd just taken a low dose once a week or (later) once every few days (just from the start of my taper onwards), but my epilepsy reacted against it and gave me mini-seizures that stopped as soon as I stopped the Mirtazapine. I'm not out of the woods yet though...

Going by the '80/20' principle as I understand it, I'm now halfway through my benzo taper, having started in early May at a low-ish (20mg.) dose of the benzo, Clobazam (equivalent to 10mg. of Diazepam), and then tapered to 4mg. - very slowly at first (due to epilepsy-related 'hiccoughs') and then slightly faster.

I carried on tapering after I stopped the Mirtazapine, but have had some muscle problems since that led me to wonder if anyone else has had similar experiences with an early withdrawal from Mirt: A week after the c/t, I experienced what I guess were some delayed Mirtazapine withdrawal symptoms (wriggling sensations in my calf muscles); these vanished after a couple of nights but came back with complications after another week: I was diagnosed with calf inflammation following a walk that was pretty short and easy for me (I'm also a cyclist and like to run sometimes); the strain seemed to start with muscle tension and then a couple of spasms (along with a lot of discomfort) when I went to bed at the end of the day. Due to a foot deformity, I've always been prone to calf problems, but I'm also aware that muscle tension and spasms are benzo withdrawal symptoms, and that I've already gone one step beyond this only halfway through the taper.

I'm not experiencing any other obvious withdrawal symptoms, but I get the impression that any withdrawal symptoms you experience *while you are still slow-tapering from a benzo* will probably become near-unbearable during acute withdrawal. I'm just unsure as to whether Mirtazapine might be involved - The impression I get from this support group's experience is very much that withdrawing Mirtazapine seems to aggravate or bring on withdrawal symptoms of the benzodiazepine, peaking maybe a couple of weeks after the change in Mirtazapine dose. I guess I'm lucky to get it all out of the way so soon; just wondering if and when I'[...] stand some chance of finishing the benzo taper (even if I have to slow right down again) without bringing on months of excruciating agony - ending with both my legs having to be rebuilt or amputated from the waist  :D

All advice appreciated as always  :)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 11:52:46 pm by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2702 on: July 17, 2020, 07:05:01 pm »
Has anyone on here done a faster taper than 10% a month.  Remeron has given me extreme OCD symptoms and compulsions and I'm loosing my mind.  I feel like I need to get off it faster in order to see any chance of healing from benzos and remeron.  I'm psychotic 24/7 with racing and looping thoughts, terror and mental akathisia.  I've gone from 15 to 9mg in 4 months and haven't had any change or increase in symptoms.  I think the lower doses is where the problems start?

[Buddie]

« Reply #2703 on: July 17, 2020, 10:47:25 pm »
Hi [...],
I'm two years off benzos this week and I'm 12 weeks off a 7.5 mg dose of Remeron.  I dropped down a bit quicker than 10% a month.  My first cut was 25% and it took me 6 weeks to stabilize.  I was 1 year off the benzo when I started my taper and I was still having a lot of withdrawal symptoms.  I then started a liquid taper at .15 mg/week (.1ml).  I definitely was more symptomatic when I hit 3.75 mg.  It wasn't horrible (nothing compared to the benzo withdrawal) but it was more uncomfortable.  But, what I did notice is that all symptoms most definitely decreased quite a bit after 4 weeks off Remeron.  Currently, two months later,  on a scale of 1-10 my symptoms are at a .5.  I still have waves, but they only go up to a 1or 2 at most.  It's impossible for me to tell what are benzo symptoms and any remaining Remeron withdrawal symptoms.  My triggers are the heat (it's 100 degrees where I am it is does bring on waves when I'm out in it), anything greater than moderate exercise, and sugar.  But, I am able to tolerate more than I could just a few months ago.

I wish you all the best in  your recovery.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2704 on: July 24, 2020, 05:57:54 am »
Hello dear community. I am of since a month after a 26 months taper. I am experiencing severe insomnia...where did I go wrong I stopped at 0,05...I tried going back on this last dose and I was so sick...So no reinstatement for me. Anyone knows if this has happened...Everyone seems to walk of with success...

[Buddie]

« Reply #2705 on: July 24, 2020, 06:05:26 am »
Hello dear community. I am of since a month after a 26 months taper. I am experiencing severe insomnia...where did I go wrong I stopped at 0,05...I tried going back on this last dose and I was so sick...So no reinstatement for me. Anyone knows if this has happened...Everyone seems to walk of with success...

What dose did you taper from?  Were you put on remeron for insomnia?

[Buddie]

« Reply #2706 on: July 24, 2020, 02:04:57 pm »

Hi [...]. It is totally normal to have insomnia after tapering even if your taper was a longer one. The insomnia may last several months but at some point you'[...] notice it will improve. After most people "jump" from their meds there is a period of time where they just have to grin and bear it for a while. Their symptoms like insomnia need some time to clear up. Hang in there.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #2707 on: July 24, 2020, 08:43:35 pm »
Hi [...],
I'm two years off benzos this week and I'm 12 weeks off a 7.5 mg dose of Remeron.  I dropped down a bit quicker than 10% a month.  My first cut was 25% and it took me 6 weeks to stabilize.  I was 1 year off the benzo when I started my taper and I was still having a lot of withdrawal symptoms.  I then started a liquid taper at .15 mg/week (.1ml).  I definitely was more symptomatic when I hit 3.75 mg.  It wasn't horrible (nothing compared to the benzo withdrawal) but it was more uncomfortable.  But, what I did notice is that all symptoms most definitely decreased quite a bit after 4 weeks off Remeron.  Currently, two months later,  on a scale of 1-10 my symptoms are at a .5.  I still have waves, but they only go up to a 1or 2 at most.  It's impossible for me to tell what are benzo symptoms and any remaining Remeron withdrawal symptoms.  My triggers are the heat (it's 100 degrees where I am it is does bring on waves when I'm out in it), anything greater than moderate exercise, and sugar.  But, I am able to tolerate more than I could just a few months ago.

I wish you all the best in  your recovery.

Hello.  Thank you for the reply.  Can i ask how you calculated .15mg = .1ml?

[Buddie]

« Reply #2708 on: July 24, 2020, 08:54:12 pm »
[...],
Warrior’s pace would have been .15 mg reduction per week.

Jack, would you mind quickly explaining how you calculated that?

[Buddie]

« Reply #2709 on: August 06, 2020, 06:56:55 pm »
I finished my taper two months ago...

Also of the benzo for 20 months...

I have dpdr ans vision problems back...unbelivable!

We will heal...