Tritrate schedule needed

[me...]

Hi Colin,

I'm very new here, however I saw the spreadsheet you put together for another person and I am very much interested in a schedule to get me off the rest of my Klon.

I cut my .5 am dose to .25 yesterday so I assume I should stay at this level for about 10 days, then start the titration.  Or, reading that even doses are better, should I switch to even doses and then titrate?

I practiced the titration in water today and found that it easily mixes.  I guess I was concerned that it wouldn't.

If I wait for the 10 days to titrate, I guess I would be starting on 05/01/08.

Thanks for any help!

J?ust wanted to ask what your total dose is. That was quite a hefty cut, 50% is a very big cut. I would stay there for ATLEAST 10 days, if not longer.

Someone will be by to help you with a titration schedule.

Amanda

Hi,

If I understand correctly, you have just halved you dose from 0.5mg to 0.25mg per day. I am not up to speed with your history, but that's a big cut probably too big. What dose pills do you use (I recommend that you use the 0.5mg tablets), and how have you faired so far with your taper? Unless you've had problems tapering, you probably don't need to titrate.

J?ust wanted to ask what your total dose is. That was quite a hefty cut, 50% is a very big cut.

Yep. I was thinking the same thing. I crossed over to valium from 0.5 mg K in September and am just now reaching the end.

Actually my dose is .75 daily right now.  I just cut the AM dose in 1/2 but I did it by going to .25 for 1 day, then to .5 for three days, then .25 for another day, then .5 for one day, and then .25 every other day.

Basically, over 14 days, I made a cut of 25%.  Is this correct?

I am now at .25 in the am and .5 in the pm.

I find it hard to get out of bed in the morning after about 9 hours of "sleep".  Very tired and sluggish.  I understand that this IS a w/d side effect.  The afternoon and evening are better and I have more energy.  I'm also sort of depressed which I understand is another side effect of coming off benzos.

The general rule of thumb is up to 10% every 10 to 14 days. A 25% cut in 14 days is kinda risky. I would suggest you slow it down some if you wish to minimize the withdrawal symptoms.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

So how would I go about slowing it down?

Ok so "TOTAL" how much per day are you on now, and how much were you on before your last cut? :thumbsup:

Tony

Hi Meltj,

You have only been on klono since April 4, 2008? You are currently taking .25 am and .50 evening, correct? Since you haven't been on it that long you should be able to reduce by .125 (1/4 of .50 tablet) every week without too much trouble. Are you having any w/d symptoms now from what you were doing before?

No, I have been on Klono since 4/2 of 2007 (last year).  I am taking .75 daily right now.  I was on 1mg before my last cut.

How are you feeling since your last cut? Your last cut was 2 weeks ago, correct? If you want to slow it down, you can cut your pills in 1/4's (.125) and wait 7-14 days before next cut depending on how you are feeling. If this is too fast you can go to titration (making a liquid mixture and reducing a little each day).

T2

My withdrawal symptoms are tiredness, irritability, a little anxiety, a little depression.  I should be able to handle this until I level out again.  Then, I will try the 1/4 pill cut and see how that goes.

Then maybe later on I can do titration.

Thanks everyone for your thoughtful answers.

Hi Mel4jc,

I had extreme fatigue when I started my taper and that lifted about two weeks later. The depression is common, I compare it to a roller coaster, highs and lows. These are common w/d s/x. Hang in there, you're doing fine!

T2  :smitten:

My withdrawal symptoms are tiredness, irritability, a little anxiety, a little depression.  I should be able to handle this until I level out again.  Then, I will try the 1/4 pill cut and see how that goes.

Then maybe later on I can do titration.

Thanks everyone for your thoughtful answers.

You can start it at any stage where you feel it will really help. Iron out any other issues first, and then post about about obtaining a schedule. ;)

Thanks for your encouragement, T2.  I really appreciate it.  I AM hanging in there.  I've got four kids to take care of and can't afford to be unproductive.

Mel4jc

I've been feeling much better the last couple of days and was wondering something.  I have a 50mL cylinder.  Could I use this to do a titration taper?  If I go down my 1mL in a 50mL cylinder, would that be the same as going down by 2% a day?  If I do this every other day, I would end up with a total of 10% every 10 days, is this correct?

Hi Mel4jc,

Glad to hear you're feeling a little better. I am not a titration expert and it sounds like you know more than I do, some days I just can't wrap my head around these numbers. Someone should be by to help you, though. I will alert the team to your questions, okay? Take care and hang in there!

T2 :smitten:

Hi,

Yes, the 50ml cylinder should be fine. I assume it is marked at 1ml intervals than. Just confirm the details of the cylinder, and you your preferred taper rate (10% over 14 days, for example); your start date; and your total daily dose; and the (size) dose of your pills and how many you take per day. From this information I can work up a schedule.

Yay!  Yes, the 50mL cylinder is marked off at 1mL intervals.

I would like to start tonight since I'm doing better, but don't want to rush you.  I'll start whenever you get the schedule together.  I'd like to go down by 10% over 10 days.

I'm taking 1/2 of a .5 pill in the morning (.25) and a whole .5 pill in the evening.

Thanks sooooooo much!

Hi Mel4jc,

I have notified Colin that you are ready for your schedule. Give him a day to post it for you, okay?

T2

Hi Mel,

Here you go: http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-mel4jc-2008-04-28.html

Please copy the following to your signature:

[url=http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-mel4jc-2008-04-28.html]My Titration Schedule[/url].

By adding this to your signature, you, and all of us, will always have a convenient link to your schedule.

The schedule indicates that you start off at 1.5 tablets - this is for the calculation. Actually, you use two tablets - you titrate one, and the other you split and take as you would normally. The titrated part of your dose is just 24ml from 50ml on day1 - this is equivalent to half-a-pill, and your first cut. Just follow the schedule, and switch to titrating a single pill (and taking no other pills) when indicated by the schedule.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks, Colin.

The day I go to 0 on klono will be my birthday!  I hope this is a sign as to how things are going to go for me.  Hopefully smooth sailing from here on out.