Adrenalin in body

[Ja...]

Could not sleep last night. Lots of adrenalin in me. Body vibrations. Feel it in my body. Not releasing.Does anyone have that? Been going on for hours.

I can totally relate-used to happen to me all the time. Slowly got better and I got more used to it too, which helps. What did you mean 'no release'?

It almost feels like it could be a panic attack, but all I feel is intense anxiety in body and vibrations. It doesn't seem to end.

Do you exercise much? When I get that crazy physical "ahh I can't make this stop", the two things that reliably knock it out of the park are vigorous physical activity, and sex.

I had adrenalin surges like clockwork, it was at least once every hour throughout the day. I paced for hours through the house. I had vibrations too. It was like sitting on a washing machine, and sometimes my head would vibrate. I had to pace to get the energy out. Amazingly, I didn't have much anxiety with it. I knew what it was. For a month straight, I had the adrenalin rushes every day. They got old quick. I would watch other people in the house sit back in the recliner relaxing, and I thought "Why do I have to go through this? What did I ever do to god?" It was pretty bad. There's nothing to really do for it, but just wait it out.

It is only adrenalin, and it can't kill you, but boy, it felt like it in every minute of it. I watched the clock to.

I also had the neck and shoulder pain with it. When the adrenalin started getting better, the pain decreased.

It's like you get use to it until it peels away.

Yes, the adrenaline can't kill you, but it also can spike BP. When I feel amped up and feel anxiety about it my BP goes up. When I feel better it goes down.

There is definitely a one-to-one correspondence for this in my body.

Hi jazzy,

Someone else posted about adrenaline. I used to have this almost constantly. Its starting to get better, at 8.5 monthes...but even as Im typing this, I can feel it. Which probably means I need to get up and take my mind OFF of it!!! Vibrations - get those too. Very, very weird stuff.

east

I take Inderal, a beta-blocker used for high BP and migraines and blocks adrenaline. It works very well.

You might also want to look into taking Magnesium every night before you go to bed. Magnesium is a natural relexant.

I take Inderal, a beta-blocker used for high BP and migraines and blocks adrenaline. It works very well.

Ramipril normally works fine for BP. Increasing the dose kept BP at an acceptable level so far.

Magnesium sounds like something to try. But the thing that works better for me than anything else is walking. I'm an exercise junky!

Ive been on a beta blocker for several monthes and it helps a little, does a nice job of BP control too.....I started taking Mg about a week ago and I do not know if thats helping or not. I THINK Im in a little "healing curve" but still having frequent but shorter waves lately.

I hope I get some real sleep tonight! I am SO tired.

east

Ive been on a beta blocker for several monthes and it helps a little, does a nice job of BP control too.....I started taking Mg about a week ago and I do not know if thats helping or not. I THINK Im in a little "healing curve" but still having frequent but shorter waves lately.

I hope I get some real sleep tonight! I am SO tired.

east

East, ditto on the sleep. I am getting enough to function, but I sure would like more. That's the only thig about getting off K that continues to really get on my nerves. Normally sleep is a way to shut out everything for a few hours. While I was coasting on about .75 mg per day that was normal. I didn't even think what I might be missing. That was my reality.

I don't feel any real difference with more Ramipril, but my BP readings tell me that I am wrong and that I NEED to on the present dosage in oder to be safe.

(I bought 250 mg tablets of magnesium. I will take the first one before I try to go to sleep tonight.)

Vitamin C abolishes stress hormone cortisol.

It has been working very well for me.

-SZ-

I think Vitamin C does help with the cortisol. I would eat oranges, and it did help.

I recommend giving it a try.

[b5...]

Could not sleep last night. Lots of adrenalin in me. Body vibrations. Feel it in my body. Not releasing.Does anyone have that? Been going on for hours.

Hi Jazzy,

I have it too all day every day since I was detoxed.  I walk and stretch and do anything I can to distract from it.  They say it will disappear eventually.

Vitamin C abolishes stress hormone cortisol.

It has been working very well for me.

-SZ-

I think Vitamin C does help with the cortisol. I would eat oranges, and it did help.

I recommend giving it a try.

I take a vitamin c suplement in the form of asorbic acid.  It works wonders!  It really does.  It feels like it neutralizes the stress hormones in my body.  I wouldn't go a day without it anymore.  And it is not expensive.  I bought a bottle of 100 500mg tablets for about $5 at wal-mart.  It might have even been a little cheaper.  I can't remember.  I also got some b-12 (cyanabobalamin) to take every once in a while when I am not eating as much meat, since meat is the absolute greatest source of natural b-12 anywhere.  Hands down.  Sorry vegans, but it's true.  But the synthetic b-12 in supplements is a pretty good substitute though if you are vegan.

-SZ-

With supplements it can take up to three months of daily use to build up

in the bloodstream before you feel the full benefits. Unfortunately, Magnesium is not like a benzo where you can take one and instantly feel better.

I had a doctor tell me the same about short-acting beta-blockers. There are also long-acting beta-blockers. I was treated with one, but they come in dosages  too high for my body weight and caused nasty side effects so I stick with short-acting Inderal when my adrenaline spikes and I get bad tremors.

Clonodine, also a blood pressure medication is popular for opiate detox, and can help with RLS, insomnia , sweats and anxiety but MUST be taken under a doctors care and dosaging must be followed explicitly or your BP will go too low and you will end up in the ER.

Is there any proof that Vit C helps with cortisol? I dont want to spend extra money...Ive wasted so much on various supplements.

Im still taking the Mg, and still dont know if its helping or not. In the amounts Im taking, tho, theres no harm that I know of.

east

Is there any proof that Vit C helps with cortisol? I dont want to spend extra money...Ive wasted so much on various supplements.

Im still taking the Mg, and still dont know if its helping or not. In the amounts Im taking, tho, theres no harm that I know of.

east

Yes!  Proof!  Here you are, Eastcoast.  A link of proof. Just click.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200304/vitamin-c-stress-buster