Author Topic: Neurologist says he's never heard of such symptoms?  (Read 2589 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Neurologist says he's never heard of such symptoms?
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2013, 06:14:32 am »
Well, if you are treated in your country's best hospital and by highly respected doctors they really should live up to their reputation and at least have some idea of what benzos do and how to withdraw from them instead of stopping all your benzos at once and drug you up with antipsychotics and antidepressants and then pretend there's nothing wrong and you're the only problem, not them. I lost all respect for doctors after the way I was treated that way and it is totally deserved. Regardless of how they were influenced by drug companies or by their education. They should know better, and they have no excuse.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2013, 07:37:22 am »
beg to differ..
I think the doctors who do not listen are very much to blame.
stop looking at books and look at me.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2013, 07:42:16 am »
are doctor's who have a clear case of ADD when i'm trying to tell them my symptoms and they don't look at me and just keep writing and looking down and not listening at all. major ADD! i finally had to say to two doc's, "please stop writing and look at me" and they could not!

[Buddie]

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2013, 07:48:05 am »
are doctor's who have a clear case of ADD when i'm trying to tell them my symptoms and they don't look at me and just keep writing and looking down and not listening at all. major ADD! i finally had to say to two doc's, "please stop writing and look at me" and they could not!

sucks. I'm thinking THEY should have a couple months on the drugs and see how they feel.

[Buddie]

« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2013, 07:53:10 am »
they would not fair well, i am sure. but the ADD doc's that i noticed, well, they had ADD is what i'm saying, and then giving out all those meds for ADD--some of them. that pissed me off!

[Buddie]

« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2013, 08:47:50 am »
Hear this. One psychiatrist actually told me that most of his colleagues would fit a personality disorder, usually narcissistic personality because they think they invented hot water and put themselves miles above their patients, and also they are unable to own up to their mistakes. These are his words, not mine. Of course he forgot to include himself, because he turned out to be no better than his colleagues.

[Buddie]

« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2013, 09:03:40 am »
Hear this. One psychiatrist actually told me that most of his colleagues would fit a personality disorder, usually narcissistic personality because they think they invented hot water and put themselves miles above their patients, and also they are unable to own up to their mistakes. These are his words, not mine. Of course he forgot to include himself, because he turned out to be no better than his colleagues.

yeah baby

[Buddie]

« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2013, 02:02:08 pm »
Funny  you say that, last psychiatrist I say, I was thinking exactly this.  That he was narcissistic, my exact thoughts.

[Buddie]

« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2013, 02:47:45 pm »
Doctors should not be blamed for everything. There are excellent doctors. But that does not mean the horrible ones should get off the hook. They kill people. A very bad one almost killed me.

I'm sorry for your dramatic experience with this doctor.

Yes, there are bad doctors out there. There's a bad nut in every crowd. We don't live in a perfect world, and never will. That's part of life.

I guess it's up to you to take this doctor down. If you have the time, money, and power to do it, then go for it.

I just choose not to blame and hate on one, individual person. Life is too short for that.
The hate phase passes.

Good luck!

[Buddie]

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2013, 07:25:24 pm »
So I'm really pissed off about the medical profession and benzos, but here's another take.

Everyday doctors see stuff they can't explain - it may even be the majority of non-injury visits. Headaches, pain here, pain there, nausea, etc. and most of the time it's probably nothing, or a virus which typically can't be treated anyway. If your labs come back clean, what exactly is a normal doc supposed to do? They got nothin.

As one neurologist told me "Even if we did know what was wrong with you, what makes you think we'd have a treatment? We are almost powerless against many of the neurological things we know about, much less those we don't know about. What I do know is that you are not dying."

I feel like I'm dying but in fact am not. Great.

Despite the awfulness of benzo wd, and it is horrendously effed up and terrible, it is clear that if you simply don't kill yourself and wait long enough, you are likely to get better. That is not the case with PD, MS, etc. Doctors are trained to rule *out* evil bad stuff that will result in death. They are [...] good at that. How many of us have gone to the ER only to be discharged told we are healthy? Many of us. But they suck at ruling in things outside of conventional tests and thinking.

What would be really cool is some kind of new imaging technique that measured glutamate hyperactivity. Then they could say "Wow, your GABA system is offline, you must be experiencing massive DP/DR and all sorts of evil sh&t. Are you by any chance on a benzo???"

Would save a lot of money and lives...

M