Author Topic: Neurologist says he's never heard of such symptoms?  (Read 2487 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Neurologist says he's never heard of such symptoms?
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2013, 07:49:48 pm »
Is nothing wrong with you . Doctors have milions of medical book , internat   to know about benzo withdrawal . Yet , they soooo dumb , cannot even read .  :idiot: :idiot Idiots
I hear this from my idiot 12 years ,   no w/d from benzo .
He lied to me .
Doctors in ER , everybody know about benzo withdrawal .  I meet maby 20 , all have knowledge  about benzo . Only who dont; was my idiot   family physic.
He know , but play game  12 years  on me , because make lots of money from me .
IS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOU , IS BENZO WITHDRAWAL , if you have symptoms like more people on BB. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: 

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2013, 09:40:03 pm »
Well, if it is NOT benzo withdrawal, have we gotten a case of "mass hysteria?" I dont know the numbers but theres quite a lot of active members here. And most of those who post talk about very similar symptoms.......VERY similar!!!
I used to really worry about this. I was SURE I was somehow "different" from everyone here. Now I know better, and its such a relief.
When my own doctor let me know last week that he's aware benzo withdrawal can last this long, I cant tell you how reassuring that was. Granted, I didnt give him a symptom list, (that would be a fairly big book!) but I did mention insomnia, anxiety, tinnitis and DR...He didnt blink an eye. Now, if the 3 psychiatrists I saw within the last 10 monthes knew, maybe I wouldnt be in the mess I am today.
    The last one I saw "informed" me that I was going immediately to sign into an 8 day detox...or she'd....(she didnt have to say it - she'd Baker Act me. I knew!)  And that was detox from Klonapin 6 mgs/day - its just NOT ever recommended to do this!!!!!  NEVER! Life threatening!!! The prescribing psychiatrist closed his practice, leaving me high and dry after 12 continuous years of being his patient...and I never heard from him again.
Am I bitter? Am I angry?? You BET I AM.
I usually tone this down but after reading this thread I have a case of benzo rage. Thanks for letting me vent!
[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2013, 09:43:12 pm »
Really?! I saw a neurologist last week for my headaches and visual distortions. I asked about withdrawal symptoms from Klonopin and was told he's never heard of someone going through such symptoms. I just love hearing that. Makes me feel like I'm so abnormal or that maybe there's something else wrong with me and it's not Klonopin withdrawal at all.  :-[
We have to educate THEM. Once you get to that point it is OK. Just assume the next doctor you run into knows nothing about benzos and you will not be disappointed.

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2013, 09:46:02 pm »
I do just that, and all I get is the infamous "blank stare."

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2013, 10:03:49 pm »
I do just that, and all I get is the infamous "blank stare."
I don't get a blank stare. First of all, I'm 64. It's hard to play dumb to someone my age who knows what he is talking about. Second, because I have never had any documented "psychological" problems, I can play that card. I have almost 40 years of steady employment and lots of respect from my friends and colleagues. So if a doctor - any doctor - seems not to want to listen to me, he is going to get a tongue-lashing on the spot.

The reason I wanted off of K is that it gives me freedom. I can literally say to my physician, adios m-f-. Then I don't have to. :)

I like my doctor. But he does listen to me. If he didn't, I would have already been gone.

The same thing happened last fall when I decided I never wanted to take Trazadone again to help with sleep. I was done with it, and my doctor was very pleased. That is good. But he had no idea why my BP was not as low. I had to educate him. Trazadone has the side-effect of lowering BP. Sometimes it can do so dangerously. I found that out by doing research.

Then I found out that caffeine is a trigger for headaches when I cut that, again looking for an answer to the higher BP. Stopping trazadone raised it, I need to find other factors that lowered it. And I did.

But when I dumped the caffeine, for the first time being ultra-careful not to touch it any form (because I wanted to get to the bottom of the issue), headaches stopped. Now, when I talk to my doctor he will be suprised. Most likely none of his patients has ever had such a bizarre reaction to caffeine. So far no one else I know has.

The same thing will happend when I tell him I am off K. He will be surprised and pleased. But before I leave, I am going to educate him. And he WILL listen. Seriously.

I have told doctors before: "I have valuable info, and if you listen to someday you will save lives. If you do not, someday you will kill someone. Now, if you can live with that, just tell me to be quiet and you can get on with killing people."

That's why I have gone to such great care to never be harsh with people here, and why I never will be. The members of this forum collectively know more than anyone else, anywhere. That's just a fact. It only took me about 4 days to get that right.

You too, [...]. You know a ton. Never forget that!

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2013, 10:19:01 pm »
Well, if it is NOT benzo withdrawal, have we gotten a case of "mass hysteria?" I dont know the numbers but theres quite a lot of active members here. And most of those who post talk about very similar symptoms.......VERY similar!!!
I used to really worry about this. I was SURE I was somehow "different" from everyone here. Now I know better, and its such a relief.
When my own doctor let me know last week that he's aware benzo withdrawal can last this long, I cant tell you how reassuring that was. Granted, I didnt give him a symptom list, (that would be a fairly big book!) but I did mention insomnia, anxiety, tinnitis and DR...He didnt blink an eye. Now, if the 3 psychiatrists I saw within the last 10 monthes knew, maybe I wouldnt be in the mess I am today.
    The last one I saw "informed" me that I was going immediately to sign into an 8 day detox...or she'd....(she didnt have to say it - she'd Baker Act me. I knew!)  And that was detox from Klonapin 6 mgs/day - its just NOT ever recommended to do this!!!!!  NEVER! Life threatening!!! The prescribing psychiatrist closed his practice, leaving me high and dry after 12 continuous years of being his patient...and I never heard from him again.
Am I bitter? Am I angry?? You BET I AM.
I usually tone this down but after reading this thread I have a case of benzo rage. Thanks for letting me vent!
[...]

I am livid too , he had 3 letter from me  my doctor , terrible  what he done to me . 12 years for no reason , only he make money from me .  I never had any  med. problem , just need sleep aid for month , because  change from night to 4 am . for month  at work .
second month on Clon attacking co worker with knife   and fired after 12 years job . Sick for 12 years .  I am livid every day

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2013, 10:26:23 pm »
Wow, [...]! That's some bad reaction you had...Im glad youre better now.

[...] - Im 63, and have been an RN for 30 years...not a slouch, myself...and yes, I have gotten the blank stares. My own medical doctor DOES know more about benzo withdrawal than most, which means Im damn lucky.
If I ever go back to work, you'd best believe that I will take any opportunity ot educate my fellow medical professionals. I look forward to it!
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2013, 10:47:32 pm »
[...], I'm so happy there is another nurse on here that understands. I too have been an R N for 25 years.  I can of believe the ignorance in the medical community. My previous psychiatrist told me he wanted me off the Klonopin because I could get a DUI and just cut it in half for a week then be done. I was only on 0.5mg for 2 months but the wd symptoms were awful. I kept calling him and asking if there was another way to taper slower, he basically dismissed me and said yes getting off it can kick you in the butt for a few days!! I kept trying but felt so alone and thought I was going crazy. I ended up in the psych ward after taking an OD. It was the worst experience of my life.  Anyway thank God I found this forum and my new doc tried to tell me to cut too fast again. I told him that I am titrating with milk and he supports however I want to do it.   I'm still getting mild wd sxs but better than before. I'm going very slowly. I come on here often for the moral support and I'm also off work right now as I'm still not well enough to go back to my stressful job.  Good thoughts to all of you, [...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2013, 12:50:51 am »
I'm in my 50s, have worked steady since graduating from college, and then developed severe [...]. Could not stand, much less work. Ran from doctor to doctor for six months until this got sorted out. At one point was prescribed Ativan *on top* of Klonopin because it was said to be more "nausea specific". You cannot imagine how angry I got from all the BS and idiotic diagnoses. Virus, migraine associated [...], MRI for MS, etc. etc. And the entire time this was starting them in the face.

And you know what, they will never know they were wrong unless I contact them and tell them. Because I kept doc-hopping until the one cool Pdoc figured it out, so as far as they are concerned, this dude with [...] showed up one day and never came back.

So maybe we should send letters to the bad docs and simply tell them what happened - to raise awareness, not punish.

M

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2013, 07:43:49 am »
[...]
Your neurologist is a dip shit.
Sorry, but I'm just so tired a doctors not knowing a damn thing about this poison they give to people.

!!!!
Could not agree more...