varying blood pressure

[ee...]

[ee...]
can this kill me? im on a med already as of wednesday but its still all over the place from the autonomic dysfunction benzos have caused. i can take multiple readings within the course of an hour..it can be 150/100,100/60,120/80,145/85...can these spikes cause me a stroke or heart attack since the change is so drastic? if anyone can relate dont hesitate to stop by :)

I have this, usually all it does is make me feel like trash though!

My Doctor said it isn't a real threat unless it is in the 180-200's or it drops low enough to cause any sort of syncope. You may feel off with it going up and down, but it will even out. It is all a part of recovery.

My BP is all over the place.  From 103/56-160/98.  Drives me crazy.  Dr dosn't seem to worried although It makes me feel really bad.

Jane.....I have always had BP problems but controlled. 

My story is long.

18 Mt's ago I went to detox in Las Veges for Benzos and pain meds ,5 weeks there my BP was great.  When I got home Post acute withdraw so reinstated my GP with Librium , was not a success another rehab this time they put me on phenobarb taper ( still taper from pheno)1 yrs march.  My Bp has been awful since .  The only thing that helps some is clonidine, but I have a lot of side effects from it , so I take so much benadryl for the symptons. 

I'm hoping that after the pheno taper my BP will stable with reg BP meds.????????

[ee...]

Hi Jan, Robbin & Jeremy! It is normal for your BP to varying all throughout the day so it is recommended that you take your BP in the morning & again in the evening at a set time. Coming off the benzo's often results in your BP going up or down, as well as your heart rate fluctuating as well. My heart rate was in the low 40's for quite a while and my BP on medication has been at a normal rating of 120/80 to an averaging high of 142/96. Doctors seem more concerned with the last number and usually don't do anything as long as it is under 100.

You might find that once quitting a benzo, your BP medicine dose may need adjusting to counteract for the loss of benzo. I was taking 10mg Felodpine for BP but had to stop  as it now severely dries out my nose & eyes. Take care of yourselves! 14