Getting free from Ativan

[Es...]

I have been on ativan for twenty yrs. For years it was 2mg., then I had a thyroid episode witch drove it up to eight mg daily. Through time I went down to six. Recently I was on 7 for not coping well with stress, something happened inside me that made me different and I suddenly started taking up to 14mg because I could not reason that I should not do this and I could of been suicidal but I did not want to face God in this way. I realized I was not telling anyone and I craved more and even thought of hiding pills which I have never done before in my life. This high dose lasted about 3wks before I cried for help. I am currently down to ten with some withdrawal symptoms. I had been on 6mg for years and wish I could get it down to there fast and then start the conversion to valium withdrawal. I know I have a long way to go. I am on other meds and one seizure medication but no other benzos. I would really like to be free.

I am doing a valium crossover and tapering ativan. Right now I am at 51/2 ativan and 20mg valium. I started at 9 1/2 mg of ativan. I am cutting ativan by .25 at the present and will continue until 4mg's and then convert ten more of valium and finally taper valium.

I need the support and advice always. And I always need to support and be supported by buds.

Glad to be here.  Thank you for this forum! :)

Welcome Esther to our home and now yours...we will walk with you on this journey and seek to support you in any way we can.  I know this forum is arranged differently but once you get used to it you will like it I think.  Just browse around and feel free to stop in and greet any buddies...also if you have a tapering question just post in the sections regarding your taper or withdrawal support...we are really glad to have you .... take care...my blog is My New Place in member blogs..so feel free to stop and visit.  I am nearing the end of my taper and have found this place to be very tolerant and informative as well as supportive.  So once again, Welcome.  Love, J

Wecome esther! How are you doing with your wd? That's a big dose you are on but you;ll be off in due time. I hope your feeling ok. How many times a day do you take ativan and valium?

Amanda

I need the support and advice always. And I always need to support and be supported by buds.

Well, you've bcome to the right place for that!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Glad to be here.  Thank you for this forum! :)

Glad to have you.  :)

T

Dear Esther, :thumbsup:

Good to see you!

http://www.geocities.com/westhollywood/heights/1037/7of9/seven8.jpg

WELCOME!

Charles

Paxton,

I take ativan 3x's a day and valium the same. Every six hours.  Right now I'm getting down to 4mg's cutting by .25 of Ativan without anymore conversion of valium.  At 4mg's I was supposed to then convert another two mgs to 10 mgs of valium.  This was because of the high dose.

Thanks,

E.

Dear Esther, :thumbsup:

Good to see you!

WELCOME!

Charles

Now there's some Star Trek memories! :smitten:

T

I'm probably wrong because I havent looked at the manual in a while but isnt 1mg ativan equivelent to 10mg of valium? Please correct me if I'm wrong someone.

If that's the case, and I will go look it up, you should be converting 2mg for 20mg of valium.

I'll be back in a minute.

Amanda

This is the equivalent dose Ashton suggests.

Are you talking to me colin? I havent looked it up yet!

Sorry, yes. ;)

Yes, your right, my brain isn't working right today. :idiot:  I'm open to any suggestions, I really never had a completely finished plan.  I had so far to go that it didn't matter at the time but now I'm getting closer to four.

OK, my pics don't drag into here how did you do it???

Was gonna send you something nice.

Tell me tomorrow Ok, now you can teach me.

Have a good night,

E. ;D

OK I setup the page the way I need. then copy the page. then move where I want to go. I click new and paste in ..

I make no sense.

Sorry!

Charles

PS The same way as BI!

Amanda,

I was on 10mgs.  I was supposed to convert 2mgs to 20 valium.  I made a mistake.  I was thinking my valium tablets were ten mg and breaking them in half. They were five mgs.  So, I got down on less valium but then converted the rest slowly.

I am OK.  I cut then go through weakness and trembling and other things and then it passes and then cut again.  I have a very supportive family which helps.  They understand when I can do practically nothing.  Crying is starting to be a symptom too.  But, I am so happy to get off of it the rest is doable to achieve this goal. :)

E.

Not working, where are you getting your pictures from?

I was using photobucket.

I use Google Image Seach:

http://images.google.com/imghp?hl=en&tab=wi

I typed "Seven of Nine"

That found:

That is how I found this!

I click on:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/Themes/BBo/images/bbc/img.gif

Charles

Oh ok. I understand now.

I'm glad you have such a supportive family. It;s so helpful. And coming on here is beyond helpful! Knowing that othes are going through the same thing and getting advice is wonderful. My husband gets a little jealous of me on here  :laugh:

I also have crying spells. It's a hard process but very worth it.

I hope your well.

Amanda

Thanks Amanda,

My husband gets jealous of me on-line too.  So, I have to be careful on weekends. :)

But, he's great.

I know being here will help a lot!

Have a good night,

E.

Thank you everyone, I would like to merge this thread to my one in the blog section. 

Thank you,

E.

Are you sure? It might make the thread a bit chaotic. What if I locked this thread and posted a link from the last post here to your blog? It is up to you - I will merge them if you prefer. :)

[6a...]