withdrawal waves do they get shorter and less intence with time

yes, that's pretty much it.  There can be some individual variation, but basically the waves get less and less intense, and the windows just get clearer and clearer until they aren't even windows any more, they are just life.

Best wishes.

:)

[2c...]
Yes it does get easier. The waves just like you suggest become shorter and less intense. For me they first lessened in intensity and then became shorter. That has been my experience. Symptoms tend to change and jump around and go away and come back and then leave for good. This has been the constant pattern during my healing. Hope it gets better for you soon

Is it just me or does everyone get the doom and gloom with the wave and does everyones fears seem amplified during this stuff

4 months is when acute wd peaks for a lot of people. My peak was real close to that. Since then I have had a lot of ups and downs but yes, the windows get longer and the waves get shorter and less frequent as time goes on.

[2c...]

Is it just me or does everyone get the doom and gloom with the wave and does everyones fears seem amplified during this stuff

For me, the fear of never getting better and the doom and gloom accompanied every wave. There is some twisted comfort in being able to see a definite pattern ie when in a window cannot even remember the level of fear when in a wave, and conversely when in a wave, cannot remember the feelings of relief when in a window.

Your waves will change from tsunami like to merely little waves lapping at the shore.....and then they will go for good.  :)

Glad to hear it . And you right when a wave hits i cant remember the good and when the good is there its hard to remember the intensity when it was bad .  Now that i look back over the last year alot of things i used to enjoy were making me anxious prob from tapering the paxil to quick and interdose withdrawal from the xanax . It felt like the more i took the less i could deal with stress .

I have that too. When I am in a wave I feel like I will never get better. When I feel better I can't believe I will be in a wave again. Like Groundhog Day.

For me, the fear of never getting better and the doom and gloom accompanied every wave. There is some twisted comfort in being able to see a definite pattern ie when in a window cannot even remember the level of fear when in a wave, and conversely when in a wave, cannot remember the feelings of relief when in a window.

Your waves will change from tsunami like to merely little waves lapping at the shore.....and then they will go for good.  :)

thank you so much for this description. this is exactly what i am experiencing right now. (in a same day.)

the waves do get less in intensity. they also become quite obnoxious and annoying. which is probably a good sign. they become 'in the way' where as before i would just sit through them and hope that i would still be breathing.

[5f...]
The associated painful symptoms of withdrawal do get easier and last shorter as time goes on. I read my progress log from time to time and think "Hey...I don't get that anymore!"  :thumbsup:

Crazy how everyone is so much the same.

I am 6 mos out and the symptoms are way less and less in intensity and less frequent and last shorter amount of time.

I appreciate everyone else's "me too" on the thought that when in a wave you dont' remember the good feelings, like they never happened, and then when the windos come, its as if you hadn't been suffering at all...as if to say "what was all the fuss about?"

That is both comforting and anoying.

Helps so much to have reassurance...and ongoing reassurance.

Hang in there. This shall pass...and it does. :)

Sarah :smitten:

Hi Mandala...............nice to hear from you again.thanks for the info,we all want this to be over soon as possilbe.im coming up to 12 months off a/d and thought i would be feeling better sooner,but im still stuggling.....................i dont surpose it helps only being 3 years off benzo.i have never felt this much pain in my life,maybe this is the healing ??

luv chrissy    :(

Just over four months out, I am in a window right now...hopefully it will be my last last. The waves have gotten less and less in strength!