Feel Like I'm on a Boat

[aa...]

I have this feeling too, well something similar. I call it "floaty head".  It's not really a dizzy feeling but something like it.  I am four months off.  I have had it off and on since I have been benzo-free.  It was really bad about three weeks ago and lasted for a week and a half.  I had a few days when I didn't notice it at all or hardly noticed it and today it is quite bad, but off and on.  I was starting to think maybe I had a brain tumor.  I am a bit of a hypochondriac.  It makes me feel a little better to know others feel it too although I wish none of us did. :-[

It is driving me nuts and still doesnt want to let up, cant function with it, i thought it was a bit better earlier but there it was, i hope it goes permanently and soon! :idiot:

I have found that for me it is worse if I focus on it.  If I ignore it and try to keep busy I don't notice it so much.  I suppose if it is a bit severe that doesn't really help.  Today I laid down and rested for about 20 minutes and it was much better. 

• 1 month later...

hey buddies,

just though I would let you know I have had bad dizzy spells off and on ever since I started taking the benzos... I had one today (first one in a month or so) that I blame on my taper..

its like the back of my head goes numb and I can't move for about 15seconds or so...bad vertigo which is helped by taking antihistamines like benedryl or for me zyrtec...

Haven't had the on the boat feeling or anything ..but for a long time I blamed the dizzy spells on my allergies ... that's why I thought benedryl worked  for me (hence they are for allergies)..

It took me a while to put 2 & 2 together...

I feel for you .....hugs....Nola