Vistaril for sleep??

[Ju...]

Hi,

I did read once here a while ago that it's not a great idea as it can interfere with GABA but don't quote me on this.

For me Vistaril gave me akithasia and ramped up my w/d symptoms the next day.

Other people seem to use antihistamines and do fine and they help. 

Hopefully others can chime in with their opinions here.

love gts

I used vistaril and it did help with sleep. I didn't respond great to benadryl but for some reason vistaril didn't bother me. I took 50 mg for sleep. If you take it too often it will stop working for sleep though. Also, it helps with mild anxiety at higher doses. Do what your doctor recommends. :-)  I don't believe it effects GABA. It's like a strong antihistamine.  :)

Hugs

P2

Hi ,

what happen  that old sleeping pill call Exercise .

i was 12 years on Clon , never sleep . Since I quit  I use fresh air and fast walk , or bike ride as  my pill . My sleep is best then ever in life .

2 hours before sleep hour fast walk ,  or swim , or bike ride , any , simple one is walk and sleep like baby .

I never sleep better ever in life . 6-8 hours for night .

Since quit Clon 2011 july  I dont take any  drug , nothing . When broke elbow and arm  at 13 months off  , no pain meds , nothing . 20 months  clean  system , only my drug is exercise . Calm my nerves , give me great sleep .

And like most people here  when quit , not sleep for 3 first months , maybe 2 hours max or hour .

Exercise is best fo enxiety , sleep , w/d . What use drugs and not exercise . Just walk 20 minutes  before sleep will do it .

Erika :smitten:

Hi Jules1963

Vistaril does not effect GABA...

Here is my sleep routine

1) 1 hour workout in the morning at 6:00am (alternated between gym and swimming) 5x/week. Start very slowly if you have not been working out regularly

I keep moving all day long. I find myself stepping on my tongue at about 8:00pm however I push through until 11:00pm.

2) Sleep supplements: listed in order of effectiveness with the exemption of Vistaril

Lemon balm tincture (60 drops), 2, 200mgs passion flower, 1, 200mg L-Theanine, 400mg mg Glycinate, 2 tylenol

Deep Sleep (find this at the natural health store)

Guna (on line)

Vistaril (I use this sparingly every 10-14 days). It works well but it will lose it’s effectiveness if taken to close together.

I alternate all of these. Once or twice a week try not taking anything. This may be a problem at the beginning but as you move through your taper you don’t want to get physiologically addicted to taking sleep aids. All of these supplements are safe...

For me the best combination is the Lemon Balm cocktail.

Cheers,

Adie

i used it for awhile. it really helped me to sleep.

it made me drowsy so if you have to go somewhere might be not good to take.