Urge to move bowels

[ja...]

Does anyone suffer from never having the urge to move bowels or am I the only one?? I go in the morning but don't have the urge. Never satisfied after I go.

Does anyone suffer from never having the urge to move bowels or am I the only one?? I go in the morning but don't have the urge. Never satisfied after I go.

You've been around longer than I have. You know that GI tract symptoms are among the most common. They even have their own name - benzo belly.

For me this has been the gift that keeps on giving - long after the lightheadedness, muscle aches, depression and anxiety have passed.

No, not alone, Im constipated and I dont want to get into, uh, a descriptive thing about this, but................

I think if someone threw one of em on the sidealk, it would bounce.

OK?

TMI!!

My lower intestines feel hard like a rock, I am so bloated. What can be done to ease this pain. GI doctor put me on this new med called linzess but it is not doing the job. I wondering if its making things worse. I freak out because I keep thinking that my small intestines are blocked or have an impaction. They have done all kind of tests and tell me I have IBS-C. Linzess was made for IBS-C and it does not work. How can someone tell if you have impaction of the small intestines? Please help, this is the only symptom driving me crazy but I find there not too many people here at BB having the same issue. I dont know what it feels like to have an urge to go to the bathroom. That is just not right. Your support please. Has my brain been damaged that it does not want to send signals to move bowels? I can't keep living like this anymore.

Ok, Jake, I now have my nursing cap on. If youd rather PM me with descriptions, please feel free.

1 Whens the last time you moved your bowels?

2. Consistency?

3. Color?

4 Any pain when you went?

5. Are you passing gas?

6. Are you drinking normal amounts of fluids?

east, RN on duty (lol)

When my sx are severe I have a constant urge to go... and I do many times a day. When sx mellow out I don' t have urge. Doc said to drink fiber (citracil) 3 times a day. I does keep things moving. Also, very important, drink lots of water. Had a friend with a blockage, he figur.ed it out when he had extreme pain and began vomiting. Stool softener is good too.

Good luck

hopeful2013

This is a qoute from info on Benzo (Ativan) withdrawl effects on the GI tract that explains how it slows paristalsis which could attribute to your lack of bowel movement urge.

"The side effect of CNS depression also extends to the actions of the stomach and small intestine. Peristalsis of the small intestine slows, making stomach emptying and bowel elimination patterns also slower; constipation may ensue. "

I know I have come across others with this issue.

The quote is from the Livestrong websight when I typed in Benzo paristalsis.

Hope you feel better soon.

One day I'm constipated and the next day I can go.  I also feel sometimes that my brain is not making the connection to the colon.  I felt that way alot when I had been on an A/D before.  I found Aloe Vera to really help relax me and my bowels.  I get w/d cramping of my entire intestinal tract some days, which is really painful, but it doesn't really give me IBS symptoms. 

Hi ,

what about papaya , pepernmint tea , abdominal exercise [ i  bike  when quit  up to hills , just to start moving abdominal area ,  after 10 minutes was ok ], exercise help .

Also  prun  juice  etc .  :smitten: 

I believe  in natural  over drugs .  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

i know will get better with time.

Hi ,

what about papaya , pepernmint tea , abdominal exercise [ i  bike  when quit  up to hills , just to start moving abdominal area ,  after 10 minutes was ok ], exercise help .

Also  prun  juice  etc .  :smitten: 

I believe  in natural  over drugs .  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

i know will get better with time.

thanks i perfer natural also, if possible.