I can feel my heart beating at night...

[c7...]

[c7...]

I couldn't find a similar topic (my mind is frazzled today, so forgive me if this post is similar to any other on the board), but has anyone been in bed, trying to sleep, only to find that they can feel their heart beat? Not just the normal heart beat, mind you, but a racing beat that is so intense that it feels as if your heart is going to come out of your chest?!

I know it's bizarre and maybe just me (  :idiot: ), but I'm seriously freaked out here. It kept me up all last night and I couldn't make it stop. Even using meditation, I couldn't control it and believe me, I LOVE meditation - I simply couldn't make it stop long enough to concentrate.

Any help will be met with appreciation!  :smitten:

-Pete

Hi Pete,

I have not personally experienced what you have. I do know that I have read this on other's threads, so I'm sure someone can share their experiences and what they did about it.

T2

Hi Pete,  I have experienced that but have no idea what causes it other than wd.  It would freak me out, too, and I would just do the breathing until it slowed down. I thought it was anxiety and treated it as such.

If this really concerns you and you're not getting any relief you may want to have it checked out, just to be sure.  ;)

[c7...]

Well, it's happened before - not to this degree, mind you, but to the point where I could feel it. Last night it just seemed, well, intense. I was able to calm it down, but it took HOURS. In hindsight, I should have just gotten up and done something instead of lying there getting worked up about it, but I was determined to sleep (didn't happened, but not for lack of trying).

I'll see what happens tonight. :)

Hi,

This is pretty common. I would suggest though, as I always do so, that you see your doctor. I fully expect that s/he will find nothing wrong with you, but at the very least it will reassure you. ;)

Yep, been there done that.  You could get it checked out just to rest your mind...but I had that very often in my withdrawal.

Jen

[c7...]
Thanks for the responses! Fortunately, it didn't happen last night. I actually slept pretty well last night, so I guess things were better. I've noticed if I don't go to sleep at a regular time (I stayed up late playing games that night), I feel worse... at least I know, though, that this happens to others. It's annoying more than it is creepy, ironically.

Yup - I had the same 2 weeks into cold turkey from Valium - it was like someone was holding a microphone at my heart and it was beating loudly 'outside' my body. I had never felt anything like it before. I too panicked and probably just made it worse. 2 days later I was re-instated on valium again. It isn't a nice feeling - I must say I freaked a bit  :D thought I had a heart attack coming! Best to get up out of bed when it happens..

Yup - I had the same 2 weeks into cold turkey from Valium - it was like someone was holding a microphone at my heart and it was beating loudly 'outside' my body. I had never felt anything like it before. I too panicked and probably just made it worse. 2 days later I was re-instated on valium again. It isn't a nice feeling - I must say I freaked a bit  :D thought I had a heart attack coming! Best to get up out of bed when it happens..

The slightest variance in these drugs can set off some pretty strange and frightening s/e.  It was a good idea to reinstate, that will help with a smoother ride off these things!

• 2 weeks later...
This is one of the things that really freaked me out when the s/x were at their worst.  Now whenever I feel my heart beat I assume it's w/d, but then I realize that I don't always eat healthy these days. 

Anything out of the ordinary should be checked out with your dr. :thumbsup:  If have had your hear cked recently then, yes, it more than likely wd. Other than that, to be on the safe side, have it cked out :thumbsup:

Shoot - when I used to go to the doctor every time something scary happened, they labeled me (what do they call it when you imagine you're ill all the time? - That.).

:2funny:

T

Tony,

I believe they call that being a hypochondriac (spelling?).  I go through phases where I turn into one.  Good thing I stay away from doctors or I'd be broke.

Im sorry but I luv the title of this thread... ;)

I bet U can!  benzo withdrawls...what a nightmare..

Ive been feelin my heart beat for about 7months now.. ???

It sux...but Ashton says dont worry about it. I wont hurt you.

T/C

Sk

Tony,

I believe they call that being a hypochondriac (spelling?).

That's it! :thumbsup: That was me, but no longer. Now I just blame everything on benzos.  :2funny:

T

That's it! :thumbsup: That was me, but no longer. Now I just blame everything on benzos.  :2funny:

T

Well.. If you read the 100 or so w/d symptoms listed..You about have to chalk everything up to w/d symptoms. http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa137/Love_Misery/emoticons/Normal/thomg.gif

Sk