Should I see my GP about sinuses?

[Ga...]

I've had the sinus problems (thought not severely congested) for almost to months now. It feels like there is pressure beneath the bridge of my nose. Sometimes it feels uncomfortable in there. I'm not sure whether or not I just take it or see my doctor? The largest problem seems to be the relentless feelings of pressure. Is it bad if I don't do anything about it?? I'm not sure what I should be doing.    :(

My history is last summer having sinus issues, going on too much nasal steroid, ended up panicked on the steroid, started benzos and was dependent in no time. 

Having had very bad sinus issues and now withdrawal sinus pressure just where you describe it (and without much congestion), I am 99% confident that it is withdrawal based and nothing that an ENT can help me with.  Certainly not with the steroid spray that I was put on last year, which is usually the first thing they will prescribe. 

You could do a saline nasal rinse using sterilized water and see if it helps.  If it does nothing for you, it is more than likely just a withdrawal symptom.

I hope this helps! 

You could do a saline nasal rinse using sterilized water and see if it helps.  If it does nothing for you, it is more than likely just a withdrawal symptom.

I had benzo wd related sinus problems (most of it was likely pre-existing allergies exacerbated by wd) and sinus irrigation and nasal spray helped me deal with the worst of it. Now that spring is here I'm sure I will be digging out the spray again.

I've had the sinus problems (thought not severely congested) for almost to months now. It feels like there is pressure beneath the bridge of my nose. Sometimes it feels uncomfortable in there. I'm not sure whether or not I just take it or see my doctor? The largest problem seems to be the relentless feelings of pressure. Is it bad if I don't do anything about it?? I'm not sure what I should be doing.    :(

Hi,

All sorts of head pressure and head symptoms, including sinus pressure, are common in withdrawal.  Almost everyone has some variety of head symptoms.  It's almost certainly withdrawal.  But, if going to the doctor will ease your anxiety, do it.

:thumbsup:

I did the sinus rinse, and it seems to have taken away last nights sinus pressure (which is a daily battle each night for me and getting to sleep with it). I've never had sinus pressure or many sinus symptoms before benzos, so I assume it is w/d.

Considering it did help me though, is it still w/d related? It wasn't taken away entirely, but I got to have a night without fretting over the 'weight' or pressure on my sinus while laying on my side, or magnifying the discomfort with my eyes.

Considering it did help me though, is it still w/d related? It wasn't taken away entirely, but I got to have a night without fretting over the 'weight' or pressure on my sinus while laying on my side, or magnifying the discomfort with my eyes.

Same thing happened to me. I had allergies at certain times in my life but never had sinus issues outside of when I was sick. The nasal spray and saline rinse took the edge off but it didn't take it away 100%. In my case I am 98% sure that it was at least brought on an intensified by wd.