Welcome Carol1956

[Ca...]

Also, feeling all of these mild electrical shocks in my hands, feet and calves.  Is this still from the klonopin withdrawal, or from the introduction of Buspar?? ....

Interesting. I've been getting those late evening. They start in my feet and toes and radiate upwards and cause my legs to twitch. I was wondering if this might be the start of RLS or something. I do suspect it's benzo withdrawal related.

Tony

Also, feeling all of these mild electrical shocks in my hands, feet and calves.  Is this still from the klonopin withdrawal, or from the introduction of Buspar?? ....

Interesting. I've been getting those late evening. They start in my feet and toes and radiate upwards and cause my legs to twitch. I was wondering if this might be the start of RLS or something. I do suspect it's benzo withdrawal related.

Tony

And quite often reported on this forum. I suffered all sorts of strange neurological symptoms during my withdrawal.

And quite often reported on this forum. I suffered all sorts of strange neurological symptoms during my withdrawal.

I had no idea what it was until I read this and now I've read two reports of it in 12 hours. Maybe it just resonates with me more now that I've felt it? :thumbsup:

Thanks so much for all of your good answers and support.

I really don't know if the Buspar is doing any good.  I just started it a week ago, and after reading on-line that it really shouldn't be mixed with the Effexor XR, I am considering just tapering off.  I am thrilled to be off the Klonopin!  I still can't believe that I was thrown into this nightmare cold turkey!  On the other hand, now that I see how many of us are struggling with these nasty drugs, maybe I can eventually be of help.  I'm sure I have many friends and relatives that are taking this crap.

I was thinking about prior to Klonopin, the only real experience I had with medications were antibiotics.  You took your 7, 10 or 14 days, through the bottle away and went on with life.  I was ignorant to believe the same was true with the Klonopin.  I actually thought I would take it for several months or years, to combat anxiety, and when I was ready,  would just toss the bottle out and get on with life.  Little did I know what a horrific experience I was in for.  This drug nearly destroyed my marriage, has destroyed my credit rating (I would buy things and throw the bills away!), my health, (after 15 years of being a non-smoker and alcohol free, I resumed both), not being to hold down a job.  Anyway, I think you got the point. 

I have since quit drinking, but will not try to deal with the smoking yet. 

These electrical shocks experiences, the intense itching of my scalp (a fairly new symptom) and the insomnia are my continuing effects.  I will bolt up in the middle of night, will be sweating profusely and will start scratching my hair and scalp like crazy!  Has anybody else dealt with this.  I actually had my daughter check me for head lice yesterday!  That's how bad it is.

I actually thought I would take it for several months or years, to combat anxiety, and when I was ready,  would just toss the bottle out and get on with life.

Yeah, right? Everyone assumes that, but then reality hits. The medical community should be more aware of the consequences of prescribing this garbage.

I will bolt up in the middle of night, will be sweating profusely and will start scratching my hair and scalp like crazy!  Has anybody else dealt with this.

All but the itching. 

These electrical shocks experiences, the intense itching of my scalp (a fairly new symptom) and the insomnia are my continuing effects.  I will bolt up in the middle of night, will be sweating profusely and will start scratching my hair and scalp like crazy!  Has anybody else dealt with this.  I actually had my daughter check me for head lice yesterday!  That's how bad it is.

My scalp would tingle and feel like it was numb, lot so pressure on my head, ears, and face.  The sweating is unbelievable, and to think before all this I couldn't break a sweat in a sauna!! 

Something I would do is stand in the shower and get the water as cold as I could stand it and let it run over my head.  It did give me some relief  and cooled my down from the sweating....Hope it helps.

Thanks for the advice on the head itching!  It drives me nuts!  I still feel like their our bugs crawling through my scalp!  Between the sweating, the head itching, and the brain zaps, it is surprising I sleep at all! 

The thing that keeps me going is to just to remind myself that they are normal and "will soon pass". 

Again, thank you so much for being here.  Don't know if I would have made it this far, without all of you.

Carol1956

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Carole,

I sent you a Personal Message link so it will bring you to your thread. Again, glad to see you here again. Are you seeing any improvement in your w/d symptoms? It will take a while seeing that you came off these poisons so fast. Are you still taking the Buspar and if so have you noticed any improvements? Keep us updated, okay?

Hang in there!

Take care!

T2 :smitten:

Hi,

Thanks for letting me know about the website and letting me know I posted in the wrong place again!  Yes, confusion is still a big part of my withdrawal

My daughter's doc only gave her a month off tapering after 8 years of being on the Effexor XR.  She is trying to work and is having ALOT of wd stuff.

I am still taking the Buspar, and yes, it is helping.  I am going to get my son graduated from high school and off to college and then work on getting off the Effexor Xr, (I am on it too), and the Buspar.  I felt really guilty about starting the new med, but gosh, a mom has to be able to function!  I just keep patting myself on the back for being off the Klonopin for 2 months now.

As I continue to wake up from the benzo fog, I can't believe the person I had become.  Self-absorbed, drinking, taking more meds than prescribed, blaming everyone else for my problems......The actions of a true benzo junkie.  I am not being as hard on myself as I first was and am thankful that my family has been supportive and FORGIVING!  Also, very thankful for you and this site.  You have been an amazing resource, sounding board and place of support for me.

Hi Carol,

Glad to hear you are feeling better taking the Buspar and are functioning better. You absolutely deserve to be congratulated for getting off the klono, it does seem to clear the cobwebs out, doesn't it? Sounds like things are going well for you (except w/d s/x) getting your son off to college. I'm sure you are very proud of your children. Your daughter (and you in time) should take it slow getting off the effexor xr, it is one of the hardest ones to get off of from one I read. As always, slow and steady wins the race. Take care!

Hi,

Yes, I am so glad to be off of the Klonopin.  What a nasty, addicting, poison!

As the nightmarish symptons from the initial withdrawal are winding down, I am definitely not in a HURRY to go there again.  I certainly will not go c/t from either of these other meds and have learned a lot since then.  Most I learned from you and this site, so again, am so thankful!

I heard the same thing about Effexor XR being very hard to get off of.  I take 450 mgs., of it and have been on it around 10 years.  By the way, I checked out the website for it, and the most current posts are from 2002.  I will do a google search for newer ones.  Thanks for recommending it though. 

Hi Carole,

Didn't realize those posts were so old. I too cannot believe how powerful this poison is. As you know, I only took it for 8 weeks, and I'm still not finished yet. I guess it doesn't even effect some people when they get off of it, hard to believe. Feeling somewhat better since lowering my taper, but it does get discouraging when it seems like I've been at it forever. Take care!!