Author Topic: Intrusive Thoughts  (Read 6315 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Intrusive Thoughts
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008, 03:03:06 am »
Mine are so strange sometimes I stop and ask myself "Where in the h___ did that come from?"  My only redeeming thought is that I don't answer myself!  Probably because I don't know the answer.

:2funny:

I used to have some pretty wild thoughts.  It gets better...I'm back to my nice boring thought self again...LOL

Jen
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2008, 03:23:03 am »
Mine are so strange sometimes I stop and ask myself "Where in the h___ did that come from?"  My only redeeming thought is that I don't answer myself!  Probably because I don't know the answer.

:2funny:

I used to have some pretty wild thoughts.  It gets better...I'm back to my nice boring thought self again...LOLJen

How is wish for boring again!!!  This is to much for me and too long!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2008, 06:59:58 am »
I have them constantly pete. And the only thing that comforts me is that I AM scared of those thoughts. It's not something I would do, or would normally ever think of so I know it's not really me thinking that.
I say it comforts me because if I'm scared of it obviously it's not something I want/would do.
Amanda

I can totally sympathize with that. It's like things I'd NEVER in a million years do, random things that are simply off the wall. I just try and remind myself that I'm in control and usually that helps... :)

(Changed to fix missing end brace. Hope I did this right! :thumbsup:) - Tony
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 05:40:06 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2008, 03:25:42 pm »
I remember having this dratted tune loopping through my head -- on and on and on... and i didn't even know the tune!  Ended up it was the background to one of my daughter's Final Fantasy games, and my mind turned it into this full symphonic orchestration. To get it to stop I had to invent an ending since the tune didn't have one.  About a week after I did that, it went away-- and I made sure that I kept humming a song I knew all the time so if one got stuck in my head I could at least come to the end of it.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2008, 04:40:32 pm »
I remember having this dratted tune loopping through my head -- on and on and on... and i didn't even know the tune!  Ended up it was the background to one of my daughter's Final Fantasy games, and my mind turned it into this full symphonic orchestration. To get it to stop I had to invent an ending since the tune didn't have one.   About a week after I did that, it went away-- and I made sure that I kept humming a song I knew all the time so if one got stuck in my head I could at least come to the end of it.

[...]

That is too funny! :2funny:  You must have talent ;)

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2008, 05:39:09 pm »
This is by far the worst sx I have ahd to deal with.
It's pretty much been with me constantly since about 2 months off the drugs. It did go away for a few months here and there but has been back with a vengance since September. I will be the happiest person in the world when these go away and I don't have to feel like a crazy person anymore.
I feel for everyone dealing with these, they are so brutal. :(

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2008, 03:16:28 am »
I have these dark intrusive thoughts as well and I know theyre not me, they make me want to vomit and curl up in a ball, I am now a very timid girl, as I am always afraid of them.  Do they stop?  This is month 2.  I am exuhusted.  These thoughts are really relentless.  I find doing positives helps, and talking to phsycs. I am afraid of my own mind, feel like im insane.  Its a day by day struggle, and I think they come from outrage at all the bad in the world, things you dont notice or feel as much when your on benzos.  Will I ever get over it?

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2008, 03:30:48 am »
I have these dark intrusive thoughts as well and I know theyre not me, they make me want to vomit and curl up in a ball, I am now a very timid girl, as I am always afraid of them.  Do they stop?  This is month 2.  I am exuhusted.  These thoughts are really relentless.  I find doing positives helps, and talking to phsycs. I am afraid of my own mind, feel like im insane.  Its a day by day struggle, and I think they come from outrage at all the bad in the world, things you dont notice or feel as much when your on benzos.  Will I ever get over it?
Hi [...], yes you will get over it.:) It was one of the toughest symptoms I dealt with. I too felt as if I was insane. I too became very timid. I think it is a very common symptom. It does get better.:)

Cheers, [...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2008, 03:45:42 am »
[...],

It gets better. I had the worst thoughts (thoughts about hurting myself, my family) and they went away. They are a form of OCD brought on by benzo use and it goes away. It's how the benzo's affect the mind and it will get better. Just remind yourself that they are JUSt thoughts and they suck, but can be avoided...

-Pete

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2008, 03:58:43 am »
Hi [...],

Would you like to start a thread and tell us a little about yourself?  You're in month 2, does that mean you've been off for 2 months or tapering off?