Author Topic: Intrusive Thoughts  (Read 6316 times)

[Buddie]

Intrusive Thoughts
« on: April 05, 2008, 08:04:40 pm »
Hello,

Has anyone here experienced intrusive thoughts going through withdrawal?

I had intrusive thoughts before I took any meds, but these are relentless.

Thanks,
Jett
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Intrusive Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 08:45:15 pm »
Yep. Very common and yes, they are relentless.  When I think back to the things that went through my head... It's just hard to imagine sometimes. I know this sounds weird, but this is a "normal" withdrawal symptom.

:thumbsup:

Tony
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 02:30:59 pm »
Thanks Tony,

I thought I was really losing my mind.

Jett

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 06:23:58 pm »
Thanks Tony,

I thought I was really losing my mind.

Jett

Glad to be able to offer some comfort. I just find it so frustrating when psychs suggest that we bring it in ourselves. It is the benzos! :)

T

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 01:05:49 pm »
I have the worst obsessive/ intrusive thoughts. I had to go on abilify and it does help somewhat with the thoughts. I have dark ones and they scare the crap out of me. But it's very common.
Amanda

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 08:51:08 pm »
Amanda,

Was your original diagnosis OCD?

Thanks,

Jett

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 04:35:15 pm »
no my original was panic disorder and postpartum depression. I seen 2 doctors before being diagnosed with ocd. Only have the obsessive thoughts, not the obsessive behavior.
Amanda

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 08:35:56 pm »
I have the worst obsessive/ intrusive thoughts. I had to go on abilify and it does help somewhat with the thoughts. I have dark ones and they scare the crap out of me. But it's very common.
Amanda

See, that's the kind of intrusive thoughts I get - really dark, scary ones. It's funny, because it's the polar opposite of how I would normally think and it really scares the living daylights out of me. Honestly, I'm glad this is one symptom I've only seen manifest itself a handful of times.

- Pete

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 02:15:17 am »
I have them constantly pete. And the only thing that comforts me is that I AM scared of those thoughts. It's not something I would do, or would normally ever think of so I know it's not really me thinking that.
I say it comforts me because if I'm scared of it obviously it's not something I want/would do.
Amanda

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 02:46:40 am »
Mine are so strange sometimes I stop and ask myself "Where in the h___ did that come from?"  My only redeeming thought is that I don't answer myself!  Probably because I don't know the answer.