Free of Xanax

[Ha...]

I have been on Xanax the last 5 years, not for every day in that periode only for the last 8-10 month before i started my taper.

Sinece 26/2-2008 I have be free of Xanax. I started my taper at 5/1-2008 so it has been a quick journey to get benzo free. Maybe too quick, because I'm still suffering.

I have had a lot af withdrawal symptomes the first 4 week in my taper. Almost them all.

Now my main symptomes are heart palpations (exstra heartbeat 10-500 a day), depression (not every day), breast pain, restless legs, tired, headache, anxiety and panic attacks.

On 23/3-2008 I began on A/D (Ciprelax) to help with depression and anxiety.

Best

Søren

I'm from Denmark - So sorry for my poor English  :)

Hello Soren! Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you're still working through some withdrawals there.  You probably went a little too fast in your taper but since you've been off for a month, reinstating a small amount probably would do little good now. Unless of course you're withdrawal symptoms are unbearable. Hang in there and be good to yourself. Eating lots of protein helps with withdrawals as does good aerobic exercise.

rufus

On 23/3-2008 I began on A/D (Ciprelax) to help with depression and anxiety.

Best

Søren

I'm from Denmark - So sorry for my poor English  :)

Hi Soren,

I"m sorry you're still not feeling great, but you will.

Is the AD helping? It probably should be kicking in about now. Once you get thru your wd, you probably won't need it anymore, as everything you are experiencing is classic wd and it's normal to be experiencing it at this point still, especially since you went off so fast.

You don't say what amount you started tapering from. If it was a small amount like .5mg or under, it probably wasn't too fast. if it was more than that, it was probably was.

When the time comes where you want to  get off your AD, make sure you taper this too.

Rufus

Thanks for the welcome

Eljay

Also thanks for the wlecome.

I think the AD is helping, not much but a little, but I have only used them for 12 days and think I need more time before the are workning properly. I will only use it for a maximum of 6 month and will taper slowly over a periode of minimum 3-6 month.

My taper-plan was :

1 week : 0,5mg    + 0,5mg    + 0,25mg

2 week : 0,25mg  + 0,5mg    + 0,25mg

3 week : 0,25mg  + 0,25mg    + 0,25mg

4 week : 0,25mg                  + 0,25mg

5 week : 0,25mg                  + 0,125mg

6 week : 0,125mg                + 0,125mg

7 week : 0,125mg               

/Søren

Hi Søren,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

You seem to have followed a well-planned schedule, but yes, you were probably somewhat over-optimistic in the timescale. It is done now though, and since the schedule was not totally unreasonable, it would be a backward step to reinstate now even a very modest dose. In all probability you will notice great improvements over the next few months. The fact that you managed to stick to your schedule suggests that you are not at the most sensitive end of the scale for benzo withdrawal. You'll be OK. ;)

Hi Colin

Thank you for your welcome..

I was exstreme sensitive to withdrawal during my taper, but I stuck to the plan because I think before my taper I was had tolerance withdrawal and I wanted to get rid of it. I was not stabil at any periode in my taper. There where windows but not for long. I was filled up with anexity, depression, spend my time either lying in my bed of making puzzles or walking around.

Yes it was to fast - But now I'm benzo free and it seem to getting better and better ......... In smal steeps :-)

Best

Søren

Hi,

Well, the fact that you are noticing improvements, as a relatively early stage, definitely suggests that you should stick to your plan. There is every reason for you to be positive about your progress. ;)

Hi just wanted to say congrats on being benzo free! You seem to be doing great for someone who did such a rapid taper.

Good luck!

Amanda

My experience was very similar to yours.  Was on Xanax for 5 years but not always every day.  Even jumped off once for a job interview/drug test because I didn't want to explain why I was taking them.  Had absolutely no withdrawal at that time.  But when the drug turned on me...it was a nightmare.  I ended up switching over to Klonopin and did a pretty rapid taper from that.  I felt better and better once I was off the drug completely.  Sounds like it will be the same for you. 

Love,

Jen

Hi Colin

Thank you for your support

Hi Amanda

Thank you for your congratulation ..

Hi Jen

Thanks for telling about your experience with Xanax. My storie is mush similar to your so it gives me hope to get rid af the withdrawal.

I'm 6 week of today, but still have a lot symptones comeing and going. I have also good windows where I feel "normal" so I know there is a way out and that it will end.

Best

Søren

I know it feels like it will never end...but it will.  I didn't think I would survive it...but every day there I was..surviving.  I am doing very well now with no real ill effects from the drug.  A few scars here and there but for the most part I'm doing very well.

Love,

Jen

Hi Jen,

Just wondering how long did it take you to get to where you are now.  Was it about a year.  I know I cant compare realy as we are all different, but it might give me some idea.  Thanks everyone for your support.

Hello Jen

Glad to hear your are feeling well  :)

It gives us/me hope that it can be done .....

Best Wishes

Søren

Hi Colin

After the circumstance I'm doing ok. Had a setback for the last 3-4 day, but it seems to be better now.

Best

Søren

Hello Charles

Thank you. Hope you are doing well these days.

You are a true figther  :thumbsup:

Best Wishes

Søren