fierce appetite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[wo...]

Is there any medium?  Its either can't tolerate it, hold it down, or just want to graze all day long.  I am a grazer. 

I tapered from 40 mg hydrocodone/day and had no appetite at all during that period of time (7-weeks).  Lost a lot of weight.

Recently started tapering clonazepam, and don't have appetite when I first decrease a dose, stay on that for two weeks, and the 2nd week after cutting, my appetitive comes back a bit, but then drops again after another decrease in dosage.

I've also noticed that I can't tolerate a whole lot of fats in my diet.  I really over did it one day last week, had a filet-o-fish and small fries from McDonald's....and I paid for it later that night.  I checked on-line (afterwards, duh) and those two items combined, contained 35 grams of fat.  That was really stupid of me.

I'd love to be able to eat some cake and/or cookies, but those upset my stomach as well.  Too rich.  Normally, my weakness is sweets (pie, cake, cookies, etc.)

Curious, did you taper from hydrocodone back in 2011?  If so, how fast did you taper?  How did it go for you?

Hello disney.  I tried to taper a few times over a four year period.  I loved hydrocodone tooo much.  Unlike bezos which I do not miss mentally, I miss my narcos.  I finally broke the cycle with suboxone which took away the "fun factor" I had with vicodin.  Last October, Halloween of all days was my last suboxone dose.  It was a scary Halloween, but I had no clue that the horror really started a month later when I ct'ed.  Now it was Christmas I was scared of.  Instead of santa it was satan.  So here we are today.  Surely my addictive brain is loving the rush of eating and tasting.  YES, the fatty foods has backfired on me.  I had a big cheeseburger two weeks ago and my pain got churned up.  Then I ate corned beef Sunday. . . . . oooops!  Good for you on having what it took to taper hydro!    Warren

So, how does that work.  Did you just stop taking hydros c/t and start taking suboxone?  And then you taper from suboxone?  I've read a little about suboxone, but don't really understand it very well.

My taper from hydros was awful.  First three weeks, tapered by 10mg/week, under my doctor's instructions.  It was almost not doable.

I tried the suboxone with extreme caution.  I knew it was strong.  There is no euphoria so the risk of abuse is low.  If I took more than I needed it was just a waste.  Keeps the nasty withdrawal away and still you can maintain motivation to do everyday things, like live.  Pretty sad that I sunk that low.  Anyway a little bit lasts a good 24 hours.  Even on that low dose I did not like going over 3 days without.  If I would not have run out I most likely would still be on it as well  as xanax. 

It is great for myself, you and everyone else who got out of the opiate madness.   

IS anybody else  craving mass amounts of food?  Bordome has a lot to do with it. 

It is great for myself, you and everyone else who got out of the opiate madness.   

IS anybody else  craving mass amounts of food?  Bordome has a lot to do with it.

I'm not craving massive amounts but I am constantly thinking about food and what will I have next.  Worse at night.  I'm wondering if it is a lot to do with boredom also.  Hmmm, I must get more disciplined!  Betsy xxxx

I too am constantly hungry. I am a dietitian and have always been extremely aware of what I'm eating. Now, I'll eat white carbs all day just to feel full. While  I don't eat high fat fast foods, I do eat crap that I wouldn't consider 6 months ago.One of the issues is ease of prep and infrequency of shopping. Also, seasonal choices suck right now. Can't wait for farmers market season. Hopefully will feel more like myself by then. Best advice is to be aware of everything we put in our mouths. Don't have to be a professional to know what we should/shouldn't eat.

Ashton manual addresses the issue of constant hunger. I do think boredom is part of it but food gives pleasure and while going through w/d anything that gives us pleasure is hard to come by.

One great fairly easy go to food is open up a can of Progresso lentil soup while cooking qinuoa, little cheddar and a slash of lime. High protein and actually keeps you full, for a couple hours.

Yes, I eat very well. I crave sugary food. Donuts, cakes, candy bars, cereal, ice cream, etc. I also crave many salty foods. Do I eat it? You bet  I do! Don't be afraid to eat. Your body needs the nutrition. If your nervous system can't handle it, then don't eat it. Try something else that satisfies your craving.

You can eat fruits like cherries, grapes, oranges, apples all chopped up in a bowl. This cuts out the sugar cravings. Eat peanut butter and crackers, almonds, peanuts, etc. Small snacks like this can cut out cravings.

The Farmer's Market will be opening up here soon. I can't wait to go get some fresh foods.

Just eat what you can, avoid what you can't eat.

Sorry Betsy.  I have an odd approach to my obedience.  When I get to the breaking point and gotta have a handful of something bad, I actually go through the motions.  I walk past the cookies, grab one, walk around with it, then put it back.  A little twisted but I am sure a over paid therapist would use the same tools. 

I wish I had your approach. Mines different, I walk past the cookies, grab one, walk around eating it, and then go and get another one ;D

Fruit salads and regular, vegetable salads are good to eat.

wornout ^ in your signature Hydrocodone taken from 03-11 is 8 years. Just thought I would point that out.

Add a lot of stir fry to the menu. 

I over lapped suboxone as I tried to phase out the hydro.  A few times when there was no suboxone I filled in with narcos.  Things got so nutty that I rethink the timeline.  I know that the last year or so has been full of memory (xanax) gaps.

I'm a MAJOR grazer.  I have gained 30 lbs since I finished my taper.  I don't understand it.  Maybe its that I couldn't eat much for a year plus.