Clonazepam taper .25mg

[Ks...]

Colin, what do i need to buy to be able to titrate down in dose, can anyone provide an online link so I can go purchase this? Thanks

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ks...]

• [Co...]

• [el...]

• [TP...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish I had the answer, but I'm sure someone will be along soon to help. Plenty of people doing it, so someone will be able to advise you.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi,

The one thing you do need is a cylinder, and they can be purchased from your pharmacist, or failing that, they can be purchased online - just search. It should not be expensive (less than $10). I recommend a 100ml cylinder marked at 1ml intervals. A 10ml syringe body is also useful for adjusting your dose. A pestle and mortar for grinding up your tablets would be nice, but a cup and the back of spoon should work perfectly well.

the pills i get at .5 come in different sizes at times, does this matter?

Do you mean their physical size of dose? Their physical size should not matter except that I suspect there can be some considerable differences in bioavailability (how much is actually absorbed into the bloodstream from a given pill) for a given dose when the pills are produced by different manufacturers. The titration schedule relies upon you using the same size pills, but I may be able to work around this - you will need to supply me with full details.

my psychiatrist is going to look into getting me liquid Clonazepam. I will find out on Monday. Is this a good idea?

The current pill that i am taking is .5 mg. I split it into halves and take .25 a  night. I haven't stabilized on this yet. It is a yellow pill that has the numbers 93 on top and 832 below it. Thanks, Colin.

So, by the sounds of it, you change with some prescriptions - yes? If so, it is better to stick to one brand. Different brands can vary quite considerably in dose.

Just let me know when you wish to start titration and I will work up a schedule for you.

Colin,

I wish to start it as soon as possible. i will make sure i get the smaller .5 pill (the sone with the numbers 93 832) instead of the larger .5 pill from now on.

Colin,

I take .25 mg every night. I don't take a morning and night dose, just .25 at night.

No problem. The schedule will work from one whole 0.5mg tablet, but will start you off on a proportion of the prepared liquid that equates to just 0.25mg. ;)

that's perfect! is the schedule at another forum or will you give it to me here?

Here. ;)

I'll try to do it today to start tomorrow, if you like?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. Here's a plan to start tomorrow.

I thought we had sorted out a taper rate. In the absence of one, I've assumed 10% cut over every 7 days. If this is no good, let me know.

Your titration plan: http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-kshell-2008-04-08.html

Place the following in your signature:

[url=http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-kshell-2008-04-08.html]My Titration Plan.[/url]

It will display like this:

My Titration Plan.

Don't worry about the information at the beginning (the first block). This is mostly for my benefit, and frankly, it needs reorganising to to be meaningful to others.

You will use one whole 0.5mg pill in 100ml of water, but on the first day you will drink just 49ml. This equates to half of your 0.5mg pill (0.25mg) minus you first very small cut. You will see that every day or two you will make similarly small cuts until you are down to zero. Let me know if you have any questions.

thanks a lot Colin! Do i crush, mix, and then drink. What do i do with the rest of the fluid, save it for tomorrow?

thanks a lot Colin! Do i crush, mix, and then drink. What do i do with the rest of the fluid, save it for tomorrow?

kshell,

as far as I know, you can't save the rest. You just toss it. That's why it's important to have a good, steady supply. 

Hi

Yes you crush mix and drink, If your limited on pills, yes you can save the liquid. make sure you write down how much you have saved so you can make the appropriate cut from what is left for your next dose. I'm not very familiar with water tritation, howeve Im sure you would have to re mix the remaining solution to insure it is remixed and the benzo equally suspended in the solution.

Bobers

Hi

Yes you crush mix and drink, If your limited on pills, yes you can save the liquid. make sure you write down how much you have saved so you can make the appropriate cut from what is left for your next dose. I'm not very familiar with water tritation, howeve Im sure you would have to re mix the remaining solution to insure it is remixed and the benzo equally suspended in the solution.

Bobers

Thanks bobers, I didn't know that!  ;)

Hi,

Yes, you can save what you don't use, but as Bobers wrote, keep a note of what you use. Since you always make up 100ml, you just need to take the dose (the amount of ml) stated for the day. If you are using water, then it should keep for several days, but I wouldn't keep milk for more than day or two.