headache

[ri...]

Never in my life have I had a headache like this. I focus on all symptoms as w/d but this is beyond belief. anyone have any ideas for some type of relief? Heat, ice, asprin, advil...no help.

Magenesium supplement helps, although I dont have bad headaches, with anxiety during PMS I get head aches , that time I have Metagenics "Cenitol" (nervous system support) which is magnesium supplement, and it helps me.

SK.

Hello rileydog456,

I saw your question and put together some information that may be helpful. I am the type of person who seeks to know what is happening and why, it brings comfort to me. I hope it does the same for you.

"The Ashton Manual" by Heather Ashton, 2002

BENZODIAZEPINE WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS:

INDIVIDUAL SYMPTOMS, THEIR CAUSES AND HOW TO DEAL WITH THEM

Muscle symptoms. “Benzodiazepines are efficient muscle relaxants and are used clinically for spastic condition. It is therefore not surprising that their discontinuation after long – term use is associated with a rebound increase in muscle tension. This rebound accounts for many of the symptoms observed in benzodiazepine withdrawal. Muscle stiffness affecting the limbs, back, neck and jaw are commonly reported, and the constant muscle tension probably accounts for the muscle pains with have a similar distribution. Headaches are usually of the “tension headache” type, due to contraction of muscles at the back of the neck, scalp and forehead – often described as a “tight band around the head”. “

“None of these symptoms is harmful, and they need not be a cause of worry once they are understood.”

“There are many measures that will alleviate these symptoms, such as muscle stretching exercises as taught in most gyms, moderate exercise, hot baths, massage and general relaxation exercises. Such measures may give only temporary relief at first, but if practiced regularly can speed the recovery of normal muscle tone – which will eventually occur spontaneously.”

What can I do?

"The Ashton Manual" by Heather Ashton, 2002

“There are many measures that will alleviate these symptoms, such as muscle stretching exercises as taught in most gyms, moderate exercise, hot baths, massage and general relaxation exercises. Such measures may give only temporary relief at first, but if practiced regularly can speed the recovery of normal muscle tone – which will eventually occur spontaneously.”

“The Ashton Manual” by Professor C. Heather Ashton, 2002

Other drugs:

"There is no need to avoid ordinary pain killers such as Tylenol, Feldene etc. for everyday aches.

I hope this is helpful,

Summer :hug:

Thanks. Do take Mg. I have  some muscle relaxants and though I hate to take anything an MD wrote for, thinking I'm going to try 1 and see if it helps.

This is going to sound really crazy but here it goes anyway.

Nasal iragation!  as in Neti Pot. with a saline solution.

I thought I had a sinus infections causing non stop headaches so I started to use the Netipot with luke warm to cool water.  This gave me temporary relief to headaches.  By the way; I did not have any sinus infection.  Its not the most pleasant thing to do but if it can give a hour or so of relief it can be welcomed.  I have been taking aspirin for months on end now.  They are gradually reducing in strength but still there.

Rileydog,

I use aspirin for cortisol reduction on a daily basis, but I still occasionally get a really bad headache.  For headaches I have found Tylenol to work pretty well.  I have not had any success with Advil.

Hope that helps.

PS  I also use a nettie pot every evening before sleep.  I use it to keep my nasal passages open for better sleep at night (reduces snoring).  Never thought of it as a headache relief.  I will give it a try next time.  Thanks Steelhead.