Advice needed!!!

[sl...]

Hello,

I have been on Klonopin for about 33 days. I was prescribed to take (1) .5mg tablet 3x/day. However, I was experiencing terrible stomach cramps and nausea and decided to stop taking the medicine.

I wasn't consistent with my dosages throughout the 33 days, so I have calculated that I have taken 73 pills within a 33 day period. As of Sunday, I have not taken any pills and am experiencing uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms. Monday and Tuesday I had terrible headaches, but today I don't have any. However, I feel a bit "loopy" and a little bit nausceaus and somewhat paranoid. I generally feel pretty "yucky."

I was wondering if anyone can help me and possibly suggest something. Should I start a taper-off process?

Thanks, in advance.

Welcome Sithompson,

I too was prescribed klono .50mg 3x/day for about 2 months and started to taper on 2/18. I have experienced headaches also during my taper. You were on them for only 33 days, but it is never advised to quit all at once. Did your doctor suggest a taper plan? I do not have the expertise to suggest to you at this point what would be your best course of action, but someone here will be along that can help you.

Hang in there and someone will be along soon!  :)

Hi

It is possible to be physically affected by the amount of benzo you have taken. reinstating is something you will have to decide, it depends on how badly your feeling, if you are feeling horrible reinstating on a low dose to stabalize is acceptable, then tapering from that ammount. How much? the lowest possible amount, Its hard for me too say exactly. You could try a

.25 dose to see if that helps. Again if your symptoms are just uncomfortable and not devestating you may want to wait it out. I'm afraid its up to you, however dont let yourself feel horrible.

Bobers

Only on it for 33 days? I'm guessing this would be similar to getting off of other drugs. If it were me I wouldn't reinstate and I'd ride it out if possible.

Tony

Hello,

I have been on Klonopin for about 33 days. I was prescribed to take (1) .5mg tablet 3x/day. However, I was experiencing terrible stomach cramps and nausea and decided to stop taking the medicine.

I wasn't consistent with my dosages throughout the 33 days, so I have calculated that I have taken 73 pills within a 33 day period. As of Sunday, I have not taken any pills and am experiencing uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms. Monday and Tuesday I had terrible headaches, but today I don't have any. However, I feel a bit "loopy" and a little bit nausceaus and somewhat paranoid. I generally feel pretty "yucky."

I was wondering if anyone can help me and possibly suggest something. Should I start a taper-off process?

Thanks, in advance.

33 days is a short-time and I was at about that period of time taking up to 4mg Ativan daily, but do recall feeling fine on 1mg for a while, but got lazy with cutting 2mg pills and started taking the innocent 2mg yellow Ativan pills and ended up feeling somewhat ok at about 2.5mg.

If you can go back to a tiny amount of your dosage to take the "edge" off your symptoms then try the tinest amount possible wait a week or more than start a slow taper.  However, if you think you can ride it out, then we'll here to help you with whatever decision you end up making.

Good luck

Jarocho

Hi,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

If you are feeling dreadful, and since it has only been a few days, you might reinstate, but as others have suggested, a fairly minimal dose is probably all you would need. You should take it for a few days and see if this improves the situation - perhaps 0.25mg as suggested by Bobbers, or 0.5mg per day at the most. Once you feel better, you would taper off - perhaps by a quarter-pill per week. The speed of the taper will depend upon how you feel and how you react to each cut.