Cant eat..

[St...]

you can get calories from protein shakes...buy them in powdered form and mix them with whole milk, If you can keep that down perhaps you'll feel better and not have wild weight loss. I lost my appetite completely in my early WD, but it came back...mostly.

Now I'm dealing with the MRI results that show three herniated discs in my neck, one bulging, and foraminal stenosis with oseophytes at multiple levels.

Basically a broken neck

But yeah, powdered protein shakes with whole milk. You can buy them a GNC, the Vitamin Shoppe, or other places...usually weight lifters use them.

Thanks all of you! :thumbsup:

The worst is my kids don't understand why I'm so sick and don't want to eat but my husband got chinese food and gonna try to have fried rice

Thanks again!!!

I know how you feel. I haven't been able to eat properly for the last 17 days (since I quit benzos).

But today I was finally able to enjoy some delicious pizza!

Try to eat comfort foods or whatever you are in the mood for. If all you can eat right now is ice cream, then eat that. Don't worry about anything but taking care of yourself right now.

I found that I could only eat very basic foods, such as popcorn, toast, and ice cream. I get nausea daily and have GI problems, but Pepto Bismol helps as does ginger chews. (You can get those as Whole Foods).

It will pass. How far along in your withdrawals are you?

I can't eat either.  I'm living on crackers and Chessmen Cookies.  Occasionally, I'm not repulsed by dinner and can have some chicken and pasta.  Terrible!  My kids wonder what's up too...not joining the dinner table and all because even looking at the food can make me feel sick sometimes. 

Kiki20 - I'm sad that you are suffering too, but relieved to see I'm not alone in this. I was also taking Klonopin and my appetite is gone! It's worst in the mornings when my adrenaline seems to be at an all-time high. I was a big coffee drinker, but have not been able to drink a single cup since I quit.

The smell of certain foods can make me sick, do you guys have that?

I can't eat meat or seafood either.

Definitely!  I have to get the kids breakfast together in the morning when this symptom is at its worst.  The smell of toasting frozen waffles makes me nauseous.  I'm the same way - it's the worst in the morning, probably b/c of cortisol adrenaline surges!

Yes, I notice my withdrawl is at its worst in the am. The retching is terrible.and I to have to get kids off to school, and they keep asking why I'm gaging

How long does this last??

S.J.:  It may be awhile before you feel better but know that what you are experiencing is very normal for this experience.  There is lots of information on the boards and some great ideas for getting nutrition into your body, dealing w/ all sorts of gastrointestinal problems... many people lose weight ( for me it became quite frightening at times).  i try to eat mostly protein. and fresh but pureed vegetables..  I need to keep it as digestible as possible... sometimes I take chicken livers and lac. free milk, blend and drink... others have some tastier solutions that will be more fun... if you can still tolerate sugar that's probably a good place to start because figuring out what you can and cannot eat can be a real organizational experience... the more of this experience you can journal the more you can learn from what has and has not worked.  i would say.. (just an opinion) start w/ blending everything you can ... maybe try babyfood... when i was so out of it i couldn't do anything to feed myself... babyfood worked great.  Check out the dairy isle... lots of fun stuff these days, almond, soy, vanilla... etc and then there is the whole venue of fruit and veg. juices... I've found 4-6 very small meals a day works better for me.  The constipation was a real issue early on in my taper but it does seem to be abating a little now... the opposite is more my problem these days... these sx are all indicative of the problem the GABA receptors in the gut are having as they recover.  It will pass... remember... 1... stay hydraded... this may be a problem... our bodies use a lot of energy dealing with w/d.  Its important to drink a lot of water.  2.  make food fun and tolerable ...whatever that takes... pay attention because sugar, acid, spicy, fatty, processed, or genetically modified foods can all trigger reactions.  Even w/o prior problems, wheat can be an issue... My gastrointestinal problems have come and gone.... they do need to be taken seriously because we need that nourishment to heal.  Good luck... like i siad... lots of good threads about food and diet during w/d here on the boards.  Njoy