Can someone explain how your wrinkles look on your face from withdraw

[Sc...]

I'm glad I saw this. Like erika, I have skinny legs and a big benzo belly. I also now have hypothyroidism. I believe long term benzo use can cause endocrine problems. I believe I now have metabolic syndrome as I fit the criteria in every way. I'm going to look for something I read about this.

babyrex,

i think so too--about thyroid issue. i also think if we are able to tend to the thyroid and get that gland up and running the way it's supposed than everything will change, the way feel, our skin, or muscle, our hair and hair color and texture. pulse rate, body temperate, hormones levels. everything thyroid! the thyroid must be cared for and nourished. it will help our ability to sleep better. i am reading that drinking pulp free and not from concentrate orange juice helps the thyroid a lot and has a great amount of minerals in it. i am drinking it every day now in a little bits.

pretty

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ho...]

• [pr...]

• [er...]

• [sp...]

prettydaisys,

You are so right. The thyroid has so much to do with our general health. I have already posted a warning on the thyroid message board.

Hope 1070,

That is very encouraging news!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone....

How are you all doing? Has anyone had any improvement or set backs?

I myself have been researching wigs and hair pieces. I thougth I saw some mild improvement in my skin about 2 weeks ago, but that passed and I'm back to looking haggard. Deep hollow eyes, saggy skin and wrinkles. My muscle tone has not improved either. I'm starting month 9 today.

Hope

it's strange as i don't think i have looked in the mirror lately. i mean, i guess i have when i wash my face and shower but i haven't picked myself apart recently. and my mother just told me that my old "look" is coming back and that i look prettier than when i was a teenager, so that helped a lot.

[75...]

it's strange as i don't think i have looked in the mirror lately. i mean, i guess i have when i wash my face and shower but i haven't picked myself apart recently. and my mother just told me that my old "look" is coming back and that i look prettier than when i was a teenager, so that helped a lot.

That is truly wonderful Pretty....... I am very happy for you  :):-*

I am still a drawn pale mess, dead eyes, skin saging off my scaley body and sheding lifeless hair...... trust me it is not dp/dr

when I am in that I cant see it!!!!

Hugs

Toward

i just looked at myself, don't get me wrong, i still have a long way to go--but now i am sorta looking more and more like my old self. but i do look like i've been very ill for a long time.

Babyrex, i am starting to look into a diet that is 'pro-thyroid' --it's very interesting. where is the thyroid message board?

thanks, pretty

hi Pretty and Towards

Yesterday was my 9th month free of Klon. I'm in the same boat as Towards. Wrinkley, dry sagging skin, musle loss and seriously shedding, brittle hair. I look utterly frightening.

Pretty - thank you for sharing your improvements with us. It surely gives us some hope for recovery.

I've started wig shopping. I cannot believe how expensive human hair wigs are. They are all around $2000! Most of my hair loss is on my hairline and my crown. I think I would be ok with some sort of hair piece that covers that area and blends in with the hair that's left.

Sometimes I sit back and look at the life I'm living now and I really want to cry. If someone could have told me my future and said that I would no longer have my long think hair and I would be trying to cover a bald spot and I would look like I'm 55 when I'm 42, I never would have believed it. I've lost a decade of my life and I feel and look sick.

[75...]

hi Pretty and Towards

Yesterday was my 9th month free of Klon. I'm in the same boat as Towards. Wrinkley, dry sagging skin, musle loss and seriously shedding, brittle hair. I look utterly frightening.

Pretty - thank you for sharing your improvements with us. It surely gives us some hope for recovery.

I've started wig shopping. I cannot believe how expensive human hair wigs are. They are all around $2000! Most of my hair loss is on my hairline and my crown. I think I would be ok with some sort of hair piece that covers that area and blends in with the hair that's left.

Sometimes I sit back and look at the life I'm living now and I really want to cry. If someone could have told me my future and said that I would no longer have my long think hair and I would be trying to cover a bald spot and I would look like I'm 55 when I'm 42, I never would have believed it. I've lost a decade of my life and I feel and look sick.

Hope - I am in the same boat as you  :(    We will get better we have too.... try to be positive that is what we have FAITH and HOPE

Much love

Towards

Hope,

i had started a thread about my hair because it's looking better than it ever did and i think it's from the colostrum powder i've been taking. and i did read on the website i purchased it from that it promotes hair growth. i have also been shampooing with the colostrum shampoo & conditioner i got from the same place.

here is the link:

http://www.synertekcolostrum.com/

Hi Ladies

I was told  yestarday by nurse {mental hosp] friend [who stop by when I was half dead when quit , So I was told my face coming back .

I can see pink on my chicks every day now , never have that before . I think  blood coming to face now.

I never have this , but look nice . I BELIEVE we all will look normal maybe better v, b/c blood will run try face better then when everything was numb by benzo .

A;lso I hear from 3 people if have boob job .Because my benzo belly pushing on my boobs and I look like ready to have a baby  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:.

I praying this will go away soon to .

Hi Erika

That's ecouraging! BTW - is that you in the photo?

You look very pretty to me, but I'm sure you know your face better.

Hopefully we improve more and more each day. Or in my case, stop looking worse each day  :crazy:

[75...]

Hi ladies,

Its great some of us are returning to normal  :)

I hope it is soon for me too..... my skin is starting to peel off now  :(

hi Towards

I think I remember you mentioned this symptom before. Where is the skin peeling from? How often does it do this?

I think you and I are very similar in our recovery, but I don't have the peeling skin.

I'm tempted to try that colostrum powder that was mentioned. If I do, I'll let you know if I see any results.

Hope

[75...]

hi Towards

I think I remember you mentioned this symptom before. Where is the skin peeling from? How often does it do this?

I think you and I are very similar in our recovery, but I don't have the peeling skin.

I'm tempted to try that colostrum powder that was mentioned. If I do, I'll let you know if I see any results.

Hope

Hi Hope

My skin is peeling and dry all over, my finger and toe nails are paper thin and I have scabby rashes oh and my eye brows and eye lashes are falling out.  I am a right mess.  It doesnt go away it is getting worse as the months pass.  I have looked into wigs before as mentioned and was met with people who didnt and will never understand what I am going through.

Let me know how colostrum powder works for you.  I am dubious of taking anything as I am so sensitive.

Love and light

Towards

hi Towards

Hope

Hi Hope

My skin is peeling and dry all over, my finger and toe nails are paper thin and I have scabby rashes oh and my eye brows and eye lashes are falling out.  I am a right mess.  It doesnt go away it is getting worse as the months pass.  I have looked into wigs before as mentioned and was met with people who didnt and will never understand what I am going through.

Let me know how colostrum powder works for you.  I am dubious of taking anything as I am so sensitive.

Love and light

Towards

Yes, I have incredibly dry skin too. So dry, that my hands look shocking. Nothing really helps but I use olive oil to soothe it. I even put olive oil on my face and leave it on over night. I still look like $h*t, but the olive oil helps calm things down a bit....so at least my skin doesn't feel uncomfortable and raw.

Hi Erika

Hopefully we improve more and more each day. Or in my case, stop looking worse each day  :crazy:

Hi Hope

do you like my wig ???? I hope  you do  :D :D :D

My own hair stop grow fo a year and two weeks ago start grow again . Still at 21 months  going tru this benzo mess .

BUT  , I BELIEVE WE ALL GOING TO LOOK lIKE BEFORE , EVEN BETTER , B/c  FRESH BLOOD WILL RUN TRU OUR FACES AND BODIES  :D :D :D. BELIEVE , WILL GET BETTER TO NORMAL .  ONCE IN DAY I DO BROWN SUGAR  AND OLIVE OIL , morning and is great for skin .

I stop use any expensive cream . I do brown sugar /olive ol. morning and regular Nivea over , and my face is soft all day .

Still  saggy chin, but look like start lifting little .

I can see little changes . Will take longer , but I believe  all will come back .

Love to all  ladies  Erika :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

[75...]

Hi Erika

Hi Hope

do you like my wig ??? ? I hope  you do  :D :D :D

My own hair stop grow fo a year and two weeks ago start grow again . Still at 21 months  going tru this benzo mess .

BUT  , I BELIEVE WE ALL GOING TO LOOK lIKE BEFORE , EVEN BETTER , B/c  FRESH BLOOD WILL RUN TRU OUR FACES AND BODIES  :D :D :D . BELIEVE , WILL GET BETTER TO NORMAL .  ONCE IN DAY I DO BROWN SUGAR  AND OLIVE OIL , morning and is great for skin .

I stop use any expensive cream . I do brown sugar /olive ol. morning and regular Nivea over , and my face is soft all day .

Still  saggy chin, but look like start lifting little .

I can see little changes . Will take longer , but I believe  all will come back .

Love to all  ladies  Erika :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you for posting Erika  :)..... I am so glad your hair is growing back and your skin is returning to normal.  I hope you heal really fast. 

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Towards

[75...]

Hi everyone,

This morning my hair has just crumbled and broke off.  I dont know how long I am going to look this bad, it is worrying me and scaring my son.  I have just purchased a wig online  lacewigsbuy.com wish me luck. 

Towards.

Ladies

I try coconat oil for hair , is very good . Also for skin .

Olive oil and brow suger mixed together is the best . I massaging this on and off for 10 minutes to my face until sugar go to my face . Then I  take wet towel , clean and skin  is supper nice soft . 

Then take regular blue bottle of Nivea and  massaging in to face .  This helped me more then all expensive creams I  used before . Just money waiste .

Erika :smitten:

Towards

:( I'm so sorry. :( How did this happen to your hair? Did it all break off? I know this can be terrifying for our families. It's like a disease that cannot be treated......or even acknowledged by the medical community.

I really believe that in the future we're going to be sharing stories about our healing and coaching new w/d victims through the benzo storm. If only Dr's would stop prescribing this poison. Big Pharma would have to find another vehicle to get this $h*t to market. Maybe they can go sell it on a street corner.

[75...]

Erika - I will do that - thank you.  I have been using coconut oil on my skin and hair.  The oil helps a little with the crumbling hair as it coats and protects it.

Hope - My hair has not grown in over 7 months and the texture is dry, crumbly and fragile.  My skin is grey, covered in scabby red sores and flaking off. 

I know the reason for all this it is because my gut doesnt work properly, I am toxic and not absorbing food.  I walk watch what I eat and bascially try to do the same thing day in day out..... BORING the minute I do something slightly different.... like sleep an extra hour if I can,  walk at a different time of the day or eat something different I pay with nerve pain, crumbling hair, benzo flu you name it I get it.

I bought a wig on line yesterday I am looking worse as the months roll on......

Oh Hope here in Australia big pharma have got it covered..... normal people who dont know they are dependent get their benzos from their Drs.  Apparently there is a huge street value on the too!!!!!!

Towards.

I'm really sorry, towards...do whatever you need to do to get through this period.  :(  It will pass!

I've aged at least 5 years, no joke, since I started w/d.  It's not just me because other people have noticed that I look different too.  Dry sagging skin, dry hair...it's all bad.  But the most important thing is to get off the benzos, and then start recovery.  I am hopeful that some of this will reverse itself. 

[75...]

I'm really sorry, towards...do whatever you need to do to get through this period.  :(  It will pass!

I've aged at least 5 years, no joke, since I started w/d.  It's not just me because other people have noticed that I look different too.  Dry sagging skin, dry hair...it's all bad.  But the most important thing is to get off the benzos, and then start recovery.  I am hopeful that some of this will reverse itself.

Matamutegirl - Yes they say it will pass I am trying to distract myself through the process...... I hope my wig helps....

Love and light

Towards