Tolerance Withdrawal

[Do...]

Hello. I am just now realizing that I have been in tolerance withdrawal for long time, possibly a very long time -- that is, I have been taking the drug, but I've had all sorts of symptoms ... tinnitus, lightheadedness, insomnia, gastrointestinal distress. Since I happen to have recently reached menopause, I had attributed my not feeling well to  that. What I'm wondering is ... Should I just continue on into a phased withdrawal from here, or should I try to stabilize my symptoms for a while and then start?

Hi Dooboise,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

It is very difficult for others to know what's best for you. Although if you find that you are suffering from side effects, or tolerance withdrawal effects, wihch indicate that you should withdraw, it is not unreasonable to take into account what else is happening with you. At the same time though, if you are going through menopause, that is long time to out off benzo withdrawal!

Which benzo and what dose do you take? What cuts (if any) have you made so far? We usually advise that cuts are kept to within about 10% of your dose, and that you allow 7-14 days between each new cut. This is just a guide though, milage varies enormously.