I Need your imput about a Brain MRI

[gi...]

I just read the report on an MRI done on my brain last wk. It said, "consideration is given to cerebral vasculitis". I googled CNV and wondered if benzo wd mimics this possible serious condition. It has to do with inflammation of the blood vessels in the brain.Some of the sx resemble benzo wd. They mention central nervous symptom involvement. Also called central nervous system vasculitis. Could this be caused by benzo wd ????

hi gizmo,

i have had MRI done recently too and had some findings. although i am not sure about my situation until i am all healed from this. it's just too ambiguous. i would say that anything is possible during a benzo withdrawal and try to go through this as best you can. and then later maybe have another MRI done. or maybe a second opinion too. that would be scary for me and mine findings are scary for me as they are MS and a slight brain damage. but the doctor doesn't seem to concerned with any of my diagnosis as he told me to finish the benzo withdrawal first and then we can see about any MS drugs. i know i won't need any MS drugs when i am healed from this and i may possibly not have MS.

Good Luck,

pretty

hi gizmo,

i have had MRI done recently too and had some findings. although i am not sure about my situation until i am all healed from this. it's just too ambiguous. i would say that anything is possible during a benzo withdrawal and try to go through this as best you can. and then later maybe have another MRI done. or maybe a second opinion too. that would be scary for me and mine findings are scary for me as they are MS and a slight brain damage. but the doctor doesn't seem to concerned with any of my diagnosis as he told me to finish the benzo withdrawal first and then we can see about any MS drugs. i know i won't need any MS drugs when i am healed from this and i may possibly not have MS.

Good Luck,

pretty

Pretty-

That must be scary to hear a doctor say, but I would bet anything you don't have MS.  The at proms of a damaged CNS mimic so many other things that they throw arbitrary diagnoses out there. I bet when w/d subsides so will the diagnosis.

oh God Clark, wouldn't that be amazing? i would love that. okay so i just put a post and i really would love some feedback this time. i was so sick last night and i thought i was poisoned. it's up here on the withdrawals if you have the time. i hope that didn't set my healing back, still so so sick.

gizmo, that is good that Dave had the same report, that should ease your mind a bit--pretty

I just woke up and went right to benzo buddies to see if anyone posted. Thanks for the feedback.Again I'm sad to know others are getting the same reports from the docs but it reassuring to know I'm not alone in this journey.I see the neurologist April 1, I wonder how or if he will treat this. I read something about prednisone?

gizmo,

i would be careful about using prednisone during a benzo withdrawal. i personally would post some more things about whether or not to use prednisone. it's just such as immune-bashing medication.

Gizmo, did you actually have an abnormal MRI reading or did the doctors say that your symptoms suggest vasculitis? The reason I ask is that I had a normal MRI but a doctor suggested that my symptoms could indicate some kind of vasculitis. My rheumatologist (I have RA) assured me that I did NOT have vasculitis. Apparently they tested me for that.

I had a MRI done the same week I cold turkeyed....(which in reality was about 2 or 3 weeks after I stopped the Xanax, because I was started on Restoril 7.5mg)...My MRI was normal. I was only having the squeezing at that point, and some funny feelings in both of my forearms...I know it is a stretch...but Vasculitis would explain all our symptoms....

and it would explain why some people take so long to heal and other's have symptoms last for more than 18 months...

It just makes a lot of sense.

what exactly is Vasculitis? why didn't i get that diagnosis? tonight my brain is so sore, raw and sensitive. poor brain :'(