Author Topic: Beating Intrusive Thoughts  (Read 23181 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Beating Intrusive Thoughts
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2022, 06:58:28 am »
No I don't have Instagram, not very techy I'm afraid. Yes that would be really helpful thanks. I've tried everything, think the mental symptoms lot harder than physical to deal with. Everyone keeps saying be more positive, 3 years down line hard to be positive!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2022, 11:57:47 pm »
hi [...],
I am happy to reach out to her on Instagram and see if she will post a video discussing intrusives a bit more and see what, if anything, has helped her......I do know she said it is her worst symptom ---- do you have one particular intrusive that bothers you or does it move around a lot --
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2022, 07:29:10 am »
Fear of hurting people mainly, not conciously wanting actually hurt people, just fearing may have hurt people while I've been out. More of sort of paranoia at times. Brief history, had years emotional abuse from mother, died last year, had secretly changed her will, cut me out of everything and replaced me as executor. One therapists theory was, maybe feel I need protect people because abuse I suffered. Has made things lot worse.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 07:58:16 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2022, 10:16:31 pm »
[...],
I am so sorry you are dealing with that ---- I think it makes sense --- but I also just think that our limbic system is so out of whack and take any thought, feeling, etc and run with it and turn it into something that is relentless and terrifying.  I hope you feel better. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2022, 10:44:30 pm »
Hey I found a video made by a therapist who is in benzo withdrawal. She has a handful of really comforting videos. She made one about intrusive thoughts recently.
I though you all might find it helpful.

https://youtu.be/-_exdl0yeCo

[Buddie]

« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2022, 07:28:17 am »
Anyone else still getting these. Itís the one remaining symptom wonít shift. Actually seem worse than they did last summer. Whether itís ongoing family stress delaying things who knows. Mental symptoms seem hang around so much longer than physical,  Baylis and couple other therapists  say intrusive thoughts hardest symptom to deal with.