Author Topic: Beating Intrusive Thoughts  (Read 23155 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Beating Intrusive Thoughts
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2013, 12:55:56 pm »
Well, Ive tried some of the free meetup type sites and not got very far. Ive had visions of meeting up with some people and my aniety has gone through the roof. Its brave of your to put yourself out there and try and meet people when in this state.

I cant work out whats worse....feeling like im not making an effort to make new relationships or going through the horrible anxiety of trying!

catch 22
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2013, 03:19:18 am »
Hey [...]! It is definitely a catch 22. That is a very good way to put it!!! I am a weird mix of introvert/extrovert. Learned to throw caution to the wind. You may sometimes look the fool.
I go back and forth from being very brazen(dorking it) to shy. I had to learn fast that not everyone will like you. So there is no use even trying to accomplish that. Of course   ;D
Most definitely you will find kind people ,and some turds. If you are going to be a turd man go lie in the grass :laugh: Sorry couldn't help myself :laugh:
Treat yourself in your thought life as if you are a lovable person. Sheesh that takes some real work!!!!!!!!!! Fake it till you make it ;) I know it to be true. Do not waste time with regrets because then you will regret the time you wasted regretting. A wise saying by an awesome counselor I had once.
I don't know what is worse either. I would rather be the odd man out then to not have tried.
This was my punk/skateboarding identity as a teen. Lost that through being broken and beaten from panic and anxiety after high school. Had to relearn to fight :) Godspeed to you J.J.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scxomsAIOwk
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2013, 05:29:31 am »
Cant believe a Further Seems Forever song came up on this thread. I used to skate a lot back in highschool and also developed much of my problems due to pot/drinking. Still a punk. Audio Engineer at one of the bigger venues where I'm from. tons of touring experience. most of my friends still live on the road and i can't say im not jealous but i gotta do what i gotta do. feel free to PM me anytime guys i dont have many friends around for support who understand.

as far as intrusive thoughts go...if they disturb you to the point of anxiety then that aint you kid. :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2013, 05:57:24 am »
uhhh whoa small world. tried to look up your band. you went to Beeler??? hahah I live about ten minutes from there. at one point me and a few friends tried to get in on that whole  post-rock fad around here a few years back...im a little more old school but i played in a band somewhat similar to yours for a bit but it wasnt really my style. you can check us out on myspace http://www.myspace.com/youngantenna  we recorded a couple demos, played one show, and scrapped the whole project haha. i couldnt even look at a drum set right now without cringing. looking foreword to playing it again...but for now i think not.

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2013, 09:48:32 pm »
Rad Wafarer87 . That's cool you used to skate. Yeah pot sure did mess me up. it's lame so many people think it's benign. Nope!!!!!!
Yeah a lot of my buds are on the road and in the Seattle scene. I dropped out a year ago because of my problems. I hear where you are coming from. I still play but I have to be in a certain mood.
I played some punk venues but my bands always broke up before touring. We made it to Portland. Oregon once ;D  Was going to start something with a friend but I made him mad when I was on klonopin. I was p.o. all the time.
Yeah your band sounds good. Not my style either though :)
Check out my buddies band Slatwall super good live!!  Gonna start something again. When better. A good drummer is the hardest to find.
http://slatwall.bandcamp.com/track/new-years-vespers-2
http://slatwall.bandcamp.com/track/ak-47-2
I have some four track recordings that we didn't mix to well. Now I have an awesome digital recorder. Take care man. 
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 09:59:19 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2013, 06:08:05 am »
Dude, If I was in a better way id tell you to send me those mixes over and id tweak em' no charge. SOMEDAY haha. no one in that band i linked was into what we were doing but a chance at some free travel is always nice. yep, im a complete sellout. mercenary pop drummer for hire since i was 18. got to see some cool stuff but i gotta say just messing around with some rockabilly/punk/ska in my basement with my friends cant be beat.

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2013, 08:21:36 pm »
Hey wayfarer, you guys were good! "Pulse in the Sound"...very nice. Thanks. Im an old rock'n'roller, an aging hippie.
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2013, 04:40:11 am »
[...] thanks so much! what kind of stuff are you into?? i like me some old time rock n' roll!

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2013, 12:02:54 pm »
mmm I like todays young minds. Beautiful voice and great lyrics.  :thumbsup:

My brother is the bass player for a band called the mystery Jets.
http://www.myspace.com/mysteryjetsIts really tough to try and make it in the music business these days. Theres just no money in it anymore

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2014, 05:26:03 pm »
Bump