Suffering with Adrenal Fatigue

[br...]

I have been deaing with chronic fatigue/adrenal fatigue prior being placed on Klonopin in December for insomnia that started in August.  My fatigue started a year ago after being placed on steroids for 6 short days. I took a saliva test that showed my cortisol levels are reveresed ---high at night preventing me from sleeping and low in the morning.  Of course as you can imagine the klonopin  made my fatigue only worse along with other terrible side effects so I have been tapering slowly using titration. 

I'm having a horrible horrible time with the tapering.  :'(

I'm sure it has to do with my already weakened condition prior to the tapering.  Whether or not I get sleep or not becaue some days I'll sleep 2 1/2 hours and others 7 hours of broken sleep, there is one thing that has been happening to me lately and that is severe fatigue to the point where I'm bedridden for most of the day.  My concern is that if my adrenal glands have been weak to begin with prior to being placed on klonopin, than will withdrawing cause futher stress on the adrenals?  I am having absolutely no help from the medical community. They are extremely ignorant about adrenal fatigue and unfortunately I don't have the $$$ to see an expert naturppathic doctor in this field.  Sometimes I don't know if I'm doing more harm staying on this posion or coming off of it without the adequate support.  Does anyone have any experience with adrenal fatigue? 

I was taking adrenal glandulars for some support but I had stopped because I will be taking another saliva test next month and I dont want it to effect the results. However it's a month long test.  I wonder if I should stop the tapering for a month and keep where I'm at?

Also you won't believe that my psychiatric nurse practioner suggested that I take one pill less a day.  He just wants me to stop taking .5mg a day.  Somebody better start educating the medical community about benzos because they can really hurt people with their suggestions.  Right now I'm taking about .0037 mg/ml a day and I'm still having bad withdrawls.  Imagine if I did as he suggested?

Welcome Brite 7,

Sorry you have been suffering so much during your benzo withdrawal. It does appear that you have chosen the right path by using the titration method--that is one of the easier methods so far as lessening w/d effects. How much are you decreasing at a time? I too am experiencing extreme fatigue during my taper, that is sometimes worse from one week to another. As far as the adrenal problems, I am not at all knowledgable in that area. Someone else with more expertise with withdrawal will be along soon who may have more to add. There may be others that can help you with your adrenal concerns as well.

Thanks for joining, you've come to the right place!  :)

Also you won't believe that my psychiatric nurse practioner suggested that I take one pill less a day.  He just wants me to stop taking .5mg a day.  Somebody better start educating the medical community about benzos because they can really hurt people with their suggestions.  Right now I'm taking about .0037 mg/ml a day and I'm still having bad withdrawls.  Imagine if I did as he suggested?

We're willing to educate them, but are they willing to learn? :)

TOny

Sorry you have been suffering so much during your benzo withdrawal. It does appear that you have chosen the right path by using the titration method--that is one of the easier methods so far as lessening w/d effects. How much are you decreasing at a time?

If Brite is sticking to the schedule, she is cutting 10% over 14 days.