Label me Sane Products

[Ks...]

Hello,

I am currently taking .25 mg of clonazepam every night and plan to stop taking it. Is that a low enough dose to go Cold Turkey on or should I lower the dose down even more. I've been taking this drug for almost a year and a half now. Also, I stumbled across this website, http://www.labelmesane.com/, and looked at their products and success stories. The products are aimed at mitigating the withdrawals of both tranquilizers (benzos) and anti-depressants. It seems legitimate to me, but I was curious if anyone here has purchased and tried their products and, if so, have they worked? 

Thanks,

Kshell

Hi,

Quite a few members have tried using their products. I am very muck a skeptic, but have not taken them, so I will leave it to others to comment.

0.25mg of Clonazepam is still pretty significant. I recommend that you quarter your tablet into a dose of 0.125mg (assuming that you use 0.5mg tablets).

Thanks for the (within the minute) reply. Once i'm on .125 a night and have stabilized, can I go cold turkey? Is there an average dosage for getting off safely?

Kshell

Hi,

People usually wait between 7-14 days before each new cut. You probably will be fine to quit at 0.125mg if your taper has gone reasonably well. If you have struggled with every cut, then titration (making a liquid from your benzo pills) will allow you to make smaller cuts. If things have been 'OK', then you have every reason to feel confident about the last two cuts. ;) If your experience suggests that you need to quit more gently (we can help you with titration), then we can help you do this. Either way, there is nothing to worry about. The final cuts are just two more cuts, that's all. :)

I believe INB used "The Road Back", but probably very simililar.  Maybe you can find out from him the difference, if any, in the products.

I am currently taking .25 mg of clonazepam every night and plan to stop taking it. Is that a low enough dose to go Cold Turkey on or should I lower the dose down even more. I've been taking this drug for almost a year and a half now. Also, I stumbled across this website, http://www.labelmesane.com/, and looked at their products and success stories. The products are aimed at mitigating the withdrawals of both tranquilizers (benzos) and anti-depressants. It seems legitimate to me, but I was curious if anyone here has purchased and tried their products and, if so, have they worked? 

Thanks,

Kshell

Hi K,

First let me say that going cold turkey is not a good idea.  I think following the tapering schedule that Colin gave you would benefit you greatly in getting off as easy as possible.

I have tried the Label Me Sane products.  You can call the company and they will tell you all about the product and what it can do for you, they do offer great support, by phone or e-mail. One of the co-owners had been on benzos and she will tell you her story and why she started the company.  But, with that said, the products are expensive (at least I think so) and not everyone can take them, as with anything.  I tried their main product, Protect, for about a month and noticed my thinking was clearer and felt some better over all.  I have intense burning on the bottom of my feet (that is why I tried it to beging with) and it seemed to be getting worse, no let up at all.  Protect has a lot of vit. in it, especially B's, so I stopped the Protect and am now trying a product called "Immunocal," it's the same as the Protect without the vitamins.  It is not a Label Me Sane product but they will order it for you.  It seems to be helping and I know others that are thrilled with it, they have been using longer than I have and they have been off the drugs longer than I have.

I am not endorsing this company, everyone has to make their own decisions, but I do suggest you do your research, call the company and talk to Alesandra Rains.  Google "Immunocal" and "glutathione,". 

I hope this helps. I'm glad you are here, it's always a good decision to get off the drugs.  I wish I done it sooner!

Tropicalsoul

Thank you so much for the advice. There is much to consider when buying expensive products...

To those who are off benzos completely, does the thinking ever get as clear as it was before the drugs??

Thank you so much for the advice. There is much to consider when buying expensive products...

To those who are off benzos completely, does the thinking ever get as clear as it was before the drugs??

Kshell,

Although, I am not totally off this stuff, I do have many "windows" that I feel completely normal with a clear mind. The fog will clear, many people here have experienced no brain fog when off these drugs. Sometimes it takes more time depending on how long you were on it, but you will be normal again. Take care.  :)

hi kshell,

I've been off benzos a year and finally my scintillating wit has returned. LOL! I had other issues though (thyroid) and I'm sure that contributed to the dullness of thought I experienced. But yes, the fog does lift and your mind returns from whatever field it tra-la-la'ed off to, and you no longer will feel as if you dropped 30 IQ points. But it takes time.

rufus

Here's what INB wrote to me to respond regarding the supplements:

Hello,

Thanks,

Kshell

I told them I think you tried this product. Was I correct?

Tony

wow, i'm glad i consulted y'all first :). I'm going to drop down to .125 tonight from .25. If i want to cut the dose down more, how can i do it? What is the easiest method? There finally seems to be some hope at the end of of this fuzzy tunnel.

How long you been on .25? Forgive me if I'm losing track. So many people to follow up with and benzo head kicking in. LOL

Tony

No prob :). I've been on .5 every other day for the past 3 months, just recently switched to .25 every day this last week. Technically, I've been on .25 every day for the past 4 days.

Okay so you haven't cut any, and you've smoothed them out over time. That's GOOD!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Now you want to go ahead and halve your dose? I would strongly urge you to reconsider, unless of course you are a glutton for punishment.  :2funny: I am of the opinion that if you go ahead with this cut you will pay the price within a couple of weeks. Rather, you should be thinking in terms of cutting by the absolutely smallest amount possible. 0.5 mg of Klonopin is where I started back in September. I crossed over to Valium and now have 28 days left beforre I am free. In that time I had 2 setbacks, where I had to stop tapering or return to my previous dose, but, ever since I went to a "smooth taper", which I can explain if you request it, my w/d s/x have decreased to virtual non-existence. What we are aiming for is to get off as quickly as possible but with as little pain as possible. That would be easier for you and for us.  :thumbsup: 

We're her to help you think these things through, and also to support and encourage you no matter what you decide, but I think it would be remiss of me not to warn you of the risk of cutting 50% in one feel swoop.

Let us know what you decide please.  :)

Tony

wow, i'm glad i consulted y'all first :). I'm going to drop down to .125 tonight from .25. If i want to cut the dose down more, how can i do it? What is the easiest method? There finally seems to be some hope at the end of of this fuzzy tunnel.

If you have faired fairly well with your cuts so far, then you probably don't need to think about titration. So, this probably means staying at 0.25mg for a week or two, and then at 0.125mg for a week or two. How long you stay at each dose depends upon how you react to each cut. If you need more than two weeks, then allow yourself more than two weeks. Just listen to your body - there is no 'correct' amount of time to stick at each dose. ;)

Kshell,

I did the same taper as you, and I did ok cutting from .25mg to .125mg to off. I held each cut about 3 weeks, just to be safe. I felt relatively fine doing this. The only major wd sx I dealt with is insomnia, though I think I'm getting a handle on it now, about 7 weeks out. Also, a lot of my insomnia is hormonally related.

You all are awesome  ;D I started on the .125 cut yesterday night. Had to take a little breather at work though (being a waiter can be very stressful at times). I'm going to continue with this dose for another 3 weeks and then get off from there...is that the equivalent to 2.5mg of valium?

You all are awesome  ;D I started on the .125 cut yesterday night. Had to take a little breather at work though (being a waiter can be very stressful at times). I'm going to continue with this dose for another 3 weeks and then get off from there...is that the equivalent to 2.5mg of valium?

This depends what we are taking about, and whose figures we believe. Ashton would equate 0.125mg Clonazepam to about 2.5mg Valium, but this is for the purposes of substitution. Most authorities would equate 0.125mg Clonazepam to about 1.25mg Valium as having a similar therapeutic effect. When not taking about substitution, I think the x10 figure is the more accurate, so you would be quitting from an equivalent dose to about 1.25mg Valium. ;)

... so you would be quitting from an equivalent dose to about 1.25mg Valium. ;)

Which is quite a large and risky jump in my opinion.

... so you would be quitting from an equivalent dose to about 1.25mg Valium. ;)

Which is quite a large and risky jump in my opinion.

Well, given that cuts so far have been successful, then Kshell probably will be fine. If Kshell had been struggling with recent cuts, then yes, an alternative strategy might be called for.

http://content.sweetim.com/sim/cpie/emoticons/0002017A.gif  :2funny: :2funny:

:P I just mean that I understand where you are coming from, and for anyone struggling with their cuts, what you suggested would be sensible. It is just that Kshell seems to be coping with his/her cuts, so should be be able to continue in a similar manner. ;)

:P I just mean that I understand where you are coming from, and for anyone struggling with their cuts, what you suggested would be sensible. It is just that Kshell seems to be coping with his/her cuts, so should be be able to continue in a similar manner. ;)

I took your comments in the manner intended. That's why I added the laughing emoticons. :thumbsup:

I took your comments in the manner intended. That's why I added the laughing emoticons. :thumbsup:

I know you know, and this is why I used the stick-out-tongue emoticon. Well, that and the 'Aye aye captain' image you added! :laugh: My post was meant more for others reading my comments. I wasn't very clear in first place. ;)