Day 20, still hell, do you know this symptom???

[Sw...]

Day 20 today. Had some sort of seizure yesterday. In real hospital for check up. It feels like my brain is sizzling or frying and shivering in my head and my mouth gets really dry and my face gets flushed.  It is worse during the night. Does anybody know this? No sleep!!

Need re assurance please!!

Thanks guys!!

sweetpeace,

I don't want to alarm you, but I think you should see a dr. It's unclear for me from your message if you've been to the hospital or you're planning to. If you have, what have the drs told you?

Please stay safe.

Blessings,

Amy

I am in hospital. They cant find anything. No high blood pressure. My brain is shivering non stop and I feel bad nausea.

I am just wondering if any of you experienced this none stop brain sizzling and a brain shivering too. When will it get better?

Thanks!!

Does it help?  It made me feel worse.  My legs got so much more restless on it.

Check out Prettydasiy blog she has some of the same brain things going on as you.

sweetpeace,

my heart goes out to you.

it's a good thing you're in the hospital now, given the intensity of the symptoms you're describing...can the drs do anything to help you? On one hand it should be reassuring that they haven't found anything bad going on, but on the other I understand you're scared and frustrated and need answers.

hang in there, as hard as it may be, and please let us know how things are with you.

I'm so sorry I can't really help.

I'll say a prayer for you.

:hug:

Amy

No, remeron doesn't help..maybe my brain is messed up from the clonazepam that it will never get better.

On the ground and barely hanging on. 

Also my sweat smells like cat pee. Anybody know about that?

Sorry, guys I am just desperate and I need your help. It seems like I am having a way more difficult time than others. Don't understand why!!

Please help!!

I remember reading about the sweat thing some where. I think its normal.

I sent a BB your link, she has some of the brain symptons that you have.

Her avatar is Prettydasiy.

Thank you. I think sleep depravation doesn't help. Don't know.  Head feels like its going crazy. Need sleep!! What can I do??

hi sweetpeace,

God, i sure know about the sleep thing. the brain stuff too. i just sent you a PM. i have had the brain sizzling and quivering, swimming, pounding, beating. i have "brain lines" all over my face. my face looks like a puffy red purple black blue fighter in a ring. no different. it's really funny to see myself in the mirror. i just have to laugh. right now my brain is doing it's vibrational thing that makes it elongate with these deep pulses. the sizzling is much better. i am also having some severe sleep anxiety but that is mostly due from a family member who basically won't allow me to have the rest i need which is all day still.

and i'm 11 months out from a really bad cold turkey. but things are changing a little bit. finally. so i don't think you have any kind of permanent damage to your brain. if you're off the benzo's or if you're tapering, it's just healing now. but the sleep is a very important and healing thing that helps all the brain symptoms. i have to fight for my sleep as i am able to rest if i'm allowed. hope you feel better soon.

pretty

Sweet- Welcome to withdrawal. It sucks but you have to deal with it. I had every symptom you had it take a long time to heal but we do heal. Good luck!

Sweet- Welcome to withdrawal. It sucks but you have to deal with it. I had every symptom you had it take a long time to heal but we do heal. Good luck!

Scotty,

How was your sleep at the beginning. I just don't sleep and that put me in a very bad place. Makes everything even worse and me so agitated and the flushing is awful too.

Had MRI with contrast. Waiting for results. Not expecting much. It is all withdrawal, is my guess.

Did you ever take ad? Or anything for sleep?

It feels like my brain is sizzling or frying and shivering in my head and my mouth gets really dry and my face gets flushed.  It is worse during the night. Does anybody know this? No sleep!!

Need re assurance please!!

Sweet, I get vibrations, bubbling, and buzzing in my brain and scalp. Also, I sometimes feel like my head is burning from the inside out, like it's on fire inside. I also get the shivering in my mouth (teeth chattering, buzzing, vibrating, bubbling sensations). My mouth gets really dry and it's especially bad in the mornings for me. You're not alone with your symptoms. I hope you did not have an actual seizure and I'm glad you're getting checked out. I have been to the ER over 20 times since I finished my taper and nothing life threatening has been found. Hang in there!

No, remeron doesn't help..maybe my brain is messed up from the clonazepam that it will never get better.

On the ground and barely hanging on.

It absolutely will get better. This is a temporary situation.  My brain felt the very same way for a long time.  I have fully recovered after 20 years of psych drugs and benzo's.  It's going to take time to recover from going off cold turkey those few times.  Doing that (as I know) is very harmful to the body, but again, we can and do recover. 

I don't know what to suggest right now other than to read success stories and rest.  Rest and take it easy. This is not an easy journey and you need to be good to yourself right now.

Wishing you the best for a full recovery!  :smitten:

Oh dear, like you needed this! Im so sorry! Also glad you are being medically watched. I cant say I had the exact symptoms, tho I did have some stuff quite similar during the acute stage.

About all you can do is hang on. Are they giving you anti seizure meds???

NO, you are not different from any of us! NO, you are not having a more difficult time than other people here! Please hear this. I speak as one who truly knows.

Right now your brain is just short-circuiting...it is withdrawal, period. It will get better. It WILL get better. Try to hang on and keep reminding yourself of this. You are in crisis right now. The doctors probably need to get you calmed down, and now is not the time to worry over being given another benzo, ok? You will have plenty of time later to contunue becoming benzo-free. Do whatever is necessary to get you over this hump, ok?

And: Keep posting. I really want to know you are ok.

eastcoast

I shot that reply off as fast as I could, but now am back to answer your question aboput sleep. This is such a common problem amongst us.

Sweet, for about 5 monthes, I only got 2 or 3 hours sleep a night and it was always a very poor, jarring sleep.

At about 5 monthes, I began to get in a few more hours, but the quality of the sleep was still poor. I tried all kinds of supplements, and was started on several different prescription meds also. NOT A ONE helped. Nothing! In fact, one of the meds caused me to pass out and I ended up with a broken rib.

I go with out meds for sleep now. I do take some Valerian capsules but they seem to relieve anxiety a bit, not sleep. Ive been getting, if I am lucky, perhaps 5 hours sleep a night and it remains of poor quality. I actually have stopped yawning all these monthes! Ive yawned three times, such momentous occasions I actually notice the yawns now.

But I am quite alive. I hate it, not sleeping well, but there seems to be nothing to fix it but time. I listen to relaxtion stuff on YouTube and some have helped. I like Jody Whiteley's Sleep Stories the best, but I know them all by heart now! I did some reading on Sleep Deprivation, and have realized that while I do have some, its not nearly as bad as it could be. When sleep depprivation is used for, say, a method of torture, the subject is actually forced to stay awake. The minute they nod off a bit, they are prodded into being awake. Even in the worst case of insomnia, we all have whats called "micro sleeps," little moments when our brains kind of shut off. They last just seconds but apparently keep your brain and body safe from lack of sleep.

I understand now why insomnia is such a problem for us. For too long, our brains got used to depending on the benzo or the sleeping pill to make us sleep. Now that we are off those medications, we have literally lost the knowledge, the ability, to relax into sleep. The good news is that from all reports, this goes away, in time. We will gradually begin to heal and the ability to go to sleep, stay asleep and sleep restfully will return to us.

In short, all we can do is trust in this knowledge, let it wash over us and keep reminding ourselves of it when we start to panic over non-sleeping. I hope this helps you.

eastcoast

Thank you so much, east coast, for your long post. I do yarn. Accryally a lot. It hurts my jaw.

Which meds did you try? Did you try antidepressant?

And can I ask about some symptomes. When I touch myself, it doesn't feel like I  touching my own body. It is weird and hard to describe. Also, when I look in mirror. It doesn't feel like I am looking at myself. Also, taste buds don't work properly. And bare any smells. Everything is just so off.

Thank you so much

your brain is not "shivering" that sudden jolt and shock sensation you get is called a head zap or brain zap. its the result of electrical and chemical pathways changing in your body.

but be grateful for leaving your body and  it to, it  also means your brain is re-setting it's natural neural pathways and functions.

be gratefull for this symptom, it means your body is returning to normal :thumbsup:

i experienced the same thing when i stopped prozac, frightening but re-assuring to

Thank you so much, east coast, for your long post. I do yarn. Accryally a lot. It hurts my jaw.

Which meds did you try? Did you try antidepressant?

And can I ask about some symptomes. When I touch myself, it doesn't feel like I  touching my own body. It is weird and hard to describe. Also, when I look in mirror. It doesn't feel like I am looking at myself. Also, taste buds don't work properly. And bare any smells. Everything is just so off.

Thank you so much

Hi, sweet, Im putting your quote above cuz Im in some serious bad cog fog right now.

I used to take 2 antidepresants but weaned myself off after I stoptted the Klonapin. But for sleep, my doctor first suggested Zoloft. I had a terrible panic attack when I took the first one. Odd, because that is one of the ADs I tapered off of, took it for years. Anyway, next I was given Remeron. It did nothing. I stopped taking it after a week. Next - Trazedone, and thats when I faionted and busted a rib. You'd think I would have learned my lesson! But no. A Nurse Practitioner suggested Seroquel, so I tried that and it made me feel crazier than ever. I mean, things got very distorted and weitrd on it. And that is when I just gave up. I guess nothing except time will heal this old brain of mine.

The symptoms you describe are very, very common in benzo withdrawal. The not recognizing yourself, touching yourself and not feeling like its you, that is called Derealization and believe it or not, its w way your mind is trying to protect you. I know, sounds nuts but its the truth.Its a psychological protective thing and again, super common. Ive struggled with this quite a while. It gets real strong, then backs off. Today it is strong. My own home looks weird and foreign to me. I have to keep reminding myself where I am.

Same thing goes for the strange tastes, smells. Very common. Someone has a thread right now titled "Everything smells like Dog Poop" and I can relate.

What your in right now is acute withdrawal. It may get a little worse but it will definitly get better.

Have they given you any meds yet? What are they planning to do to help you??

eastcoast