feeling tired all day long

[on...]

ok this past week or so, I've been finding myself sleeping for like at least 4 or 5 hours during the day, after sleeping a full nights sleep (8 hours). I don't get why this is happening? I'm not depressed or anything. I know when I get down, as I know how I feel on the inside. And plus it seems like my mind is moving a bit slower too, like my thought process. (I play call of duty 4, and lately I noticed, my reflexes, are noticeably slower, than it has been recently) could this just be part of my w/d, even thoe its been now 15 months later?

I missed you OP!! ;)

It could just be the natural rhythm of life. When I was your age, I slept all the time! Long naps during the day.

Make sure you are eating right and getting enough nutrients. If not, you may want to take some vitamins and minerals. Do you drink enough water? And lastly, exercise! Believe it or not, the more you exercise, the more energy you'll have. 

I missed you OP!! ;)

It could just be the natural rhythm of life. When I was your age, I slept all the time! Long naps during the day.

Make sure you are eating right and getting enough nutrients. If not, you may want to take some vitamins and minerals. Do you drink enough water? And lastly, exercise! Believe it or not, the more you exercise, the more energy you'll have. 

Hey Eljay,

I missed you too! Sorry I don't come here on a regular basis, I'm gonna try to get into the habit.

I've been eatting better lately, and I drink much more than I did in the past, but I do drink at

least 2 cans of dr. pepper, so I could be a little addicted to caffeine and when I don't drink it,

I get sleepy.

I'm thinking of trying a weight machine or tred meel, and see if I try to use it at least once a

day slowly but surely spending more and more time on it, may help with me getting my energy back

I remember b4 I got on all those pills, I was a very active kid, I used to play backyard football,

Baseball with friends, and basketball. Now I find taking a shower as something that makes me sleepy

Sounds like me a couple years ago. I could sleep 8 hours. Wake up exhausted, drink a 2 liter of Mountain Dew Then still be tired, take a nap, wake up and drink more caffeine and still be exhausted.

I had a sleep study taken and was diagnosed with sleep apnea. With sleep apnea your airway collapses and you actually stop breathing! That in turn causes you to wake up, you regain breathing then fall asleep and it happens again and again. For many, hundreds of times a night without the person even knowing. So the person never gets restorative REM sleep and is always tired. 

There is a misconception that sleeps apnea is old fat mans disease. That is very untrue. Benzo or opiate use relaxes the airway and can eventually cause sleep apnea. There are many other causes too. Left-untreated Sleep apnea causes a host of health problems and because it causes fatigue makes driving dangerous.

Treatment is easy. I sleep with something called a CPAP machine. It blows a steady stream of air into my nose keeping my airway open. It takes a little getting use to but no pills or side effects. Worth bringing up to your doctor but the only way to be diagnosed is by having a sleep study.

Good luck

Dave

Thanks Dave,

Could I still have sleep apnea and don't snore when I sleep? No one has ever told me that they heard me do that.

Becky