zoloft , sereqoul and valium

[Mi...]

Hi again guys,

Lately ive been taking 100mg of Zoloft for past depression and anxiety which has worked dramatically. I am also on a low dose (25mg) of sereqoul for sleep mainly and to possibly counter any mania from zoloft. But I mainly wanted to bring up the valium i have been starting to take again with the zoloft, which seems to act differently without it.

As some of you know, I first came onto these boards talking about how I was taking upto 40 mg of valium in a day to calm my nerves. well, it seemed like it helped a certain part of my brain with anxiety but not everyting, so I tapered off it and began zoloft. Immediatly within 2 days I was noticing a change in mood and was able to stop smoking and take valium for a period of time. But once I started noticing some panic building inside of me for certain things such as talking with people, or doing something that demands respect like landing a trick on my skateboard, I looked to that bottle of blue pills again for help. of course, taking precaution, i only took, and am currently taking, 1 tab (10mg) in the morning of each day. I have been doing this now for about a full week.

Everyday since i started taking them again, i noticed another change much like that of the zoloft, but different. The zoloft made me feel "good" and therefor made it easier to do things like enjoy life, but that anxiety still hadn't DISAPEARED..

Now to the point. >> If I was to take one 10mg tab every morning and keep it at that dose along with my other meds, would I become tolerant to the valium?? Is there a point there you dont become tolerant?? Is there a chance I wont be tolerant if I take one every second day?

The zoloft alone is working miracles and I could live without the valium, but I find LIFE so much easier with it, which I guess is a problem.

Example: I decide to not take the valium for a day, and had some work to do for a lady across the road. I start to feel un comfortable, and irritable inside shortly after I get to her place, and notice myself acting like somewhat of a shy person.

On the valium, I am quite much the same, but with an auro of good feelings hovering around me. To put the picture to words, I basically feel like if someone was to come up to me and ask for guidance, I would be honored to help them without any shyness or insecurity hindering me.

SO, I do not plan on taking any more than 10mg, but might find myself picking up smoking again if I have to stop taking this valium.

you could say the valium in a way gives me mental energy to open up and share my feelings with people like a normal person would do instead of feeling pent up inside. THAT IS EXACLY HOW I FEEL WITHOUT VALIUM.

thaNKS FOR patience.

-MiKe :crazy:

Hi Mike! Welcome back!!

As far as taking only 10mg of valium and reaching tolerance--- yep, most probably you would. That low level anxeity you feel now when you don't take it? One day you'd wake up and you'd hav eit, even with taking the 10 mg. So you'd either have to take more or start getting off. My suggestion would be to get off now while the getting's good. Yeah, you'll feel a little shy and cranky but if that's all you fell, you'll be 'way ahead of the game. Otherwise you're headed for an addiction and that would be so not good. Imagine all the anxiety ramped up 10x and you have to take months to get off valiuim feeling that way every day, all day long-- at least until your body starts making its own GABA again.

It's your decision but my recommendation is get off now when it won't be so bad.

rufus

Neuroadaptation to benzos (tolerance) can occur with a little as once or twice a week use. Both Seroquel and Zoloft can cause anxiety and both will have neuroadaptation where they may no longer work.

These are powerful drugs that alter the structure and function of the central nervous system over time. They should be used short term only while the underlying reasons for the depression and anxiety are addressed. One truth about psychiatric drugs is that they do not cure anything and over time most will make the original condition worse through neuroadaptation....then you will have the original condition and the dysregulated CNS and the drug withdrawal...I have seen it in hundreds of patients and it is not pretty!!

Sit2Know