I really need some reassurance...

[...]

Bad reaction to Botox, 2 weeks .25 of xanax 1 daily.  after 2 weeks told DR i want off. he said cut tab in half for 2 weeks. tried 2 nights was to much did 3/4 tab for 4 night, and then i cut my tab to half  4 nights ago its been a rough 4 days and it feels worse going to half from 3/4 than  full to 3/4.  My taper for the half is supposed to be up Sunday, Dr then said jump... not sure if i should do that ot after Sunday do a quarter or cut to a quarter before then.. any way that one question.. my second is..

The symptoms i have  today and last night are back of neck muscle pain and intense burning... weak and dizzy.....slight heart palpy..  these can be normal taper withdrawals right even on day 4 of a cut? I am worried these are symptoms of something else the Xanax covered up while taking...

the reason i ask is a lady i met online had the same botox reaction as me, did ativan for 2 weeks came off cold turkey had a bad few days and has been fine for 9 weeks. well 3 days ago she said she had a relapse.. had a panic attack bought on from the botox and has taken a couple of ativan.... then stopped for 2 days and now feel ill... panicky, burning all the symptoms..... Is this a botox thing? or could she have a reaction from a few ativan?? I read on the wikipedia benzo withdrawal site that.. some animals can have withdrawals after just one dose...

sorry if this is long... i would appreciate any thoughts......

Hi HI47,

I think your doctor's advice is good advice. The sooner you can come off this medication the better. It's unusual for someone to become dependent after just 2 weeks use but it does happen. The thing is, you want to get off this asap so that you don't risk further dependance. I would stick with your doctor's schedule. Yes, you will feel some symptoms but they should go away fairly quickly.

Is this a botox thing?

It's hard for anyone here to answer this question. If you didn't have problems with anxiety and panic attacks prior to the botox treatment, then it very well might be the botox.

Thank you... I did not have any problems before the botox, but I notice on the cuts I have symptoms for 2-3 days, then i'm just left with dizziness... so i am hoping its just Xanax withdrawals and i will be fine when i stop... I am highly sensitive to any medication.. so yes they say 2 weeks is the cut off on wether you may suffer withdrawals...

I am hoping ,Thanks  for your reply.....

Oh I forgot to add, a dr put my 18 year old daughter on Xanax once a day for 2 weeks her first semester at university, 10 years ago. I never knew ... 2 weeks later she quit  CT and had a terrible week, she is like me very sensitive..

Oh I forgot to add, a dr put my 18 year old daughter on Xanax once a day for 2 weeks her first semester at university, 10 years ago. I never knew ... 2 weeks later she quit  CT and had a terrible week, she is like me very sensitive..

What a shame. I'm glad she's feeling better. I think your right. There are some who are very sensitive to these meds.