"Body Scan" Meditation Link

[el...]

I want to download this.  How do I do it?  I click on it and it opens right up into Windows and starts.

I love to meditate.  At different times of my life I've practiced regularly and had some pretty far out experiences with it.  As recently as last week.  I haven't told anybody yet case they think I'm nuts but here goes:

For several weeks now I go to bed and find it very difficult to settle my mind.  So I decided that focus was the key, and I started to focus on my big toe.  Simple.  The act of putting focus on one thing calms the mind.

I did this for several weeks, as I was trying to "get down" and fall asleep.  One night last week, I started to meditate and focus on my big toe when suddenly I felt this energy field presence in the toe and it gradually moved very slowly from my big toe all the way up my body and out the top of my head.

It lasted about 3 minutes in all and directly after I fell asleep.

I've had numerous experiences similiar to this during meditation if I practice it regularly.

JW, It sounds like you already get the concept!

I have no idea how to download it. Someone who is more tech savvy might help. Tony maybe???

You can always buy it. The Jon Kabat-Zinn version on amazon. Then you get his whole book.

Juleswife,

Click the link & after the new page comes up....over on the lefthand side you will see 634kps (that's not it exactly...can't remember what it says)...right click on that and you will see "save target as".  Click that and you can download on to your puter.  Make sure you see where you are saving it to so you can get back to it.  Easiest may be "desktop" and it will create a shortcut for you there.  Hope that wasn't too confusing.

Love,

Jen

jen you are a very smart woman - i am impressed.

what i used to do is give thanks verbally for all the things i could think of to give thanks for in my life - that left me with a feeling of well being.

i would also do deep breathing - that helped but the thanks thing made me feel cared for and secure.

I took my laptop to bed with me and did the BodyScan Meditation.  Very very nice, and very similiar to what I was doing already......starting with my big toe.  How weird to find this.

I also just listened to the Beginners Meditation, about the breathing .......I'll go back to that as well, it's very good and something I need.

Thanks J for telling me how to download.....and I'm always downloading things and not being able to figure out where they went.  :2funny:

the day will come when you will just drift off on your own - what a relief.

in the meantime - relaxation is a great way to get there. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Morning Colin! :)

Thank you for this link.

Is it just so we can go directly there instead of to the site?

Hi,

It just seemed easier for people than trying to explain what they must do to hear the recording at the other site.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Here you go: http://www.benzobuddies.org/buddiesguide/insomnia-aid

Let me know what you all think. If it is of little value, I will remove it again.

I will be reoganising the webpages soon, so we if we keep this, it is likely to be relocated on our website; give me nudge if I forget to update the link.

I'm so excited to find this!!!  I've been wanting to learn to meditate for awhile and just can't get the hang of it.  I bookmarked it so I can use it later with my laptop when I have time to lay down and do what she says!!

Excellent idea to post it here!!    :yippee:

Here you go: http://www.benzobuddies.org/buddiesguide/insomnia-aid

Let me know what you all think. If it is of little value, I will remove it again.

I will be reoganising the webpages soon, so we if we keep this, it is likely to be relocated on our website; give me nudge if I forget to update the link.

I'm so excited to find this!!!   I've been wanting to learn to meditate for awhile and just can't get the hang of it.  I bookmarked it so I can use it later with my laptop when I have time to lay down and do what she says!!

Excellent idea to post it here!!    :yippee:

I'm glad you found it, Lady! Meditation isn't easy. I have been at it for years (not lately though  ::) ) and I still struggle with it. I think I overthink it, which is exactly what you are NOT supposed to do, lol!

The body scan is nice cuz it's guided. Enjoy.  :)

I'm glad you found it, Lady! Meditation isn't easy. I have been at it for years (not lately though  ::) ) and I still struggle with it. I think I overthink it, which is exactly what you are NOT supposed to do, lol!

I tried it last night and really did enjoy the relaxation.  I know, like you mentioned, I'm overthinking it at the present time as well, but I know in time it will come!

By the time I got to relaxing the shoulders that was the last thing I remember until the DING!  If nothing else she's good for sleep!  :D

I tried it last night and really did enjoy the relaxation.  I know, like you mentioned, I'm overthinking it at the present time as well, but I know in time it will come!

By the time I got to relaxing the shoulders that was the last thing I remember until the DING!  If nothing else she's good for sleep!   :D

Hey Phyllis,

That's what I used it for when I had trouble sleeping. Here is another site that I used a lot this summer... http://www.myinnerworld.com/

Just register and find the meditation tree. There are 5 different meditations.

T2 :smitten:

By the time I got to relaxing the shoulders that was the last thing I remember until the DING!  If nothing else she's good for sleep!   :D

Hey Phyllis,

That's what I used it for when I had trouble sleeping. Here is another site that I used a lot this summer... http://www.myinnerworld.com/

Just register and find the meditation tree. There are 5 different meditations.

T2 :smitten:

Cool deal thank you!!  I'm definitely going to check it out!  :)