Xanax being banned in Thailand

[db...]

BANGKOK: -- Earlier today, the Public Health Ministry issued a decree suspending the sale of Alprazolam, the generic name for Xanax, within Thailand. The Ministry claims that the stress relief medication has been used as a date rape drug, contributing to a growing number of sex crimes.

Well although this is a good reason to ban it I wonder what all the people dealing with it now will have to do I guess they will do a cross over.

Lets see

The hospitals will be full very shortly

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/617561-thai-government-bans-xanax/

• 4 years later...

Xanax and other benzo's are still being prescribed like candy in Thailand. Blame it on the government and bad education of doctors.

Doctors in this country are very incompetent, they are trained to follow rules, never question authority and just do what is written. They are not critical thinkers, hence the overprescription of these dangerous substances.

Well, what do you think is happening in the U.S., cottonbrains? Aren't we also handing these out like candy? Doctors here have also had bad education (in terms of drugs), and our government has not recognized benzos as a problem. Doctors here are trained to follow rules, also, and they listen to pharma reps, so they don't develop the critical skills necessary for noticing what's in front of their noses. Come to think of it, Thailand has made a good first step, although I feel for those still on the drug. What has the U.S., or any other country, done, regarding the over prescription of benzos?