The Xanax Club, Let Us Know How You Are Feeling Today

[...]

.  Today starting to feel after second wave hit me. Month 11 begins with Crazy Synthoms. Some are different then the first 11 months. Back pain, Ears still ringing. Fog brain, getting better, but the mind takes a little time to comprehend things, and getting much better. I have a Recording Studio, and I don't have to explain the crazy troubles that I have hearing or concentrating just to get threw one song. But, as I say, But, a lot better then day one. I keep a positve attitude knowing that My BB are there for me and me for them. Reading some of their stories keep me going and looking forward to a complete recovery.

Thanks to All, and look for the light at the other side, it is there!!!

Rocket.    :thumbsup:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [to...]

• [Di...]

• [...]

• [se...]

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been 10 months ago that i took my last Xanax. And to be honest with everyone, it's never been a picnic in the park. First, I went cold turkey. The wrong thing to do, but I never knew that I had to taper my dosage. The doctor that prescribed it to me never gave me any info at all. But I don't think he knew either. And to be fair, he was a good doctor like many, and I don't think that he read what the withdraw synthoms were for this very bad drug.

It was given to me for sleep and sleep alone, had very bad neighbors next door that would wake me up just about every night. After 1 1/2 years on this bad drug, I stumbled down the stairs. And bingo, this lead me to read about this drug. Well, I don't have to tell you what I read, everyone knows. Not a wonderful drug at all. From my perspective, don't really think that this should be on the market at all. Back to the story. After the 1 1/2 years on this fake pick me up pill, I just couldn't deal with it any more. So, Cold Turkey, what I read and how I felt, was enough for me to stop that day. Here we go. The first week, well, everyone that went cold turkey knows the withdraw synthoms that come with terror. Please excuse the jumping around, hit kind of hard this week with synthoms. But will get threw this story for you. As the weeks go by, just a little better. After two months, started to get better.

Aches and pains started to leave my body, and the foggy mind of mine was starting to see the light at the end of the long tunnel. But this comes and goes. Well threw the months, everything that you could imagine, withdraw synthoms come and go. But they do subside with every month. So hang in there, your time will come soon, and you will start to feel better. You just have to get over the hump. And for me, I never even thought about taking another pill to fill the void, never. Just wanted the poison out of my mind and body.

Back to story, months went by, and forgot to tell you, tinnitus, shows up, and not good at all. Hissing and ringing all the time. This was not good for me, as I have a Recording Studio, and this messed my hearing up very much, with other things to, like concetration, alertness and interests of music. We will skip ahead now. Almost 10 months here, and going strong. Riding my bike 5 miles a day, this helps very much, but the last week its been to cold, so no riding and I don't have to tell you what happened. Withdraws back, and came back to hault me more. So, have to work out to keep the synthoms to a very low effect. This way I can tolerat it for the rest of the period my body fixes it self.

Sorry for jumping around, but my brain is scrambled right now, lol. But getting better as time goes by. I will try to write more in a week or so. But remember hang in there, the out come will be great for you and everyone who is recovering.

Thanks for the ear

Rocket.  :thumbsup:

Oi81,

I call Xanax, " The Gift that keeps on Giving". I am glad you made it this far, Rocket!!! I am in the "lower"

end of my reduction. I went down from 3 mg to 1 mg last year, with a hold, and now this New Year I am

tackling the last 1 mg with a slow slow pace. Everyone has to have a comfort zone. This is mine.

Gift of the DAy: Anxious nervous and some emotional drag going on. Plan on going out for the afternoon

to lift up my spirits. Sunshine after a few foggy days, is so welcome.

Heres to a good day for you, Rocket

I will be Back

NFM

Hello NFM

It's nice to see that you are doing okay with your withdraw. For me today, not to bad, went out for a bike ride and enjoyed too. I try to do this everyday. It seems to keep my mind off of the lunatic synthoms.

But I know that I'm getting better, but this is a long journey to the other side.

Keep the Faith everyone, there is a end to his for everyone.

Rocket.  :thumbsup:    :laugh:

Not very well today or any day for that matter. The same sxs hang on day after day. I sir in bed all day. Everyone is tired of hearing about my suffering and fear. So

I just exist alone in a room. This time last year, I was just about to be completely poisoned. I had no idea what was ahead of me. I was still teaching and carrying on all my normal activities, and had no idea that within months my world would collapse. I'm having such a hard time coming to terms with all my losses. Moat days I dont even think  recovery is really worth it.

Ok. Thats how I am today.  =(

Rocket!

Glad about the bike ride. I am okay with what I have to deal with. Everyone is sooo different.

For me today, was okay. I was able to do errands and get a walk in. Thats good.

This journey has truly left an impression on me.... I wish all the best.

I will try to post again in a week if not sooner.

NFM

Remember: Life will be BEAUTIFUL again.

Waiting for relief!

I remember when you first posted..... I responded to you!!! Nice to hear from  you. I am sorry your days are such

I can truly relate to all of it. I really can. I spent April - October in bed too!!!! I too wonder about recovery. Last January

and February were so full of my life. I know, no one listens to our fears, which are real. Here is a something I put on

a card and I read it all the time......Maybe it will help?

My Limbic system is over active and making me feel there is a threat to my survival. There IS NO THREAT.

I AM SAFE, Remind myself I AM SAFE..... There is no GABA to Calm down.  Namaste

Here is what is happening to your brain:

When stressed your logical reason of the Brain. the pre frontal cortex goes offline, and lets the Limbic hyjack your

Brain. Your Amygdala  is responsible to our fear response  doing its best to protect me get help and quick.

That which we took....X in our case is affecting this "logical" response. GABA is downregulated due to X taking its place.

I hope this helps... understanding the why is critical so you know that your are GOING TO BE OKAY. It just takes

TIME.

Love with Blessings for healing

Notforme :angel:

PS I found a site by Dr. Jennifer Leigh. Google her name.... I care  nfm

Hi Rocket

Yesterday I had a great day with very few withdrawal symptoms. Today is different as I cut a tiny bit. Right now I have a headache, I feel stiff and my muscles ache. I also have a return of tinnitus. Yuck is all I have to say. But I also say, "it will get better. My body will get back in balance again." Yours will too Rocket.

Blue :smitten:

Can we REALLY recover from a Xanax ct?  I know it takes time and I've only started my sixth month, but seriously I am really doubting it.

I hate the nights.  There so long and lonely. the days are, too.

I just can't believe I'll ever be the same after Xanax and Xanax XR.

Sorry for the downer post.

WFR

Hello WFR and all my BB, I am sure that it gets better in time, but just like a lot of you I keep on second guessing myself. Had a few bad days with some crazy sxs, and just wish that it sould end a give me a long window. Went riding today, had to fight the sxs but made the 10 miles, what a project for me today. Tinnitus still bothering today, about 40 percent in each ear. Just can't seem to get into the Music Studio at all. Can't distinguish certin sounds, and the consultation is out the door. If anyone would like to listen to my Music, just let me know. Will guide you to my music for Free Downloads, yes they are Free for my BB. No Charge. They seem to help some people to relax and take their minds off of everything. But enough of that. Tonight been tired overly. Hope to sleep well for about 7 hours. My memory seems to be getting better as time goes by. But my attention span isn't there yet. But getting there. I have been there where everyone started, but getting better, you will too.

Wish that everyone will feel better tomorrow, and keep the Faith and stay positive too

Rocket.    :thumbsup:

Thanks for starting this thread rocket.

All benzos are nasty, but I've read somewhere that Xanax (and halcion) bind particularly tightly to GABA receptors.  I was also on Xanax XR. I recently read the package insert for the XR (wish inhad done that about one year sooner!!) which states that discontinuation can lead to "severe" emotional and physical reactions. So the question begs: why would my so-called doctor blow off my question about dependence??  Is she stupid or sadistic. Not sure which is worse.

WINDOWS, They Open, They Close, They Come on Fast, and They leave real Slow. Wish that I could see into the Future to predict Which way I need to retreat to!!!!!

The question is, is it an indication that the end is near, I can only tell you that for me, the windows started coming more frequently, and for longer periods, and for the MOST part (not always) the waves were not as severe.  I'm sure others will chime in here.

Just holding out for some better days. Had a one day Window, that was great. But now, it's raining outside, can't ride my bike, and that is 2 negatives. But the 1 positive is that I can say hello to my BB and try to sooth some of your questions and thoughts. If my brain keeps on working properly, lol.

Try to have a great day My BB. And in all, stay focus on where you want to be in the Future.

Rocket.    :thumbsup:  :laugh:  :thumbsup:

NFM,

Thank you for the info, very well appreciate. It's very nice to have BB and People that do care.

Will smile more.

Rocket.      :laugh:

I am a short term user but a long time panic sufferer so it only took 6 week to make me where I am.  :crazy: Today I only cried for a few moments so far so i guess it is better than the all day crying spells i was having before my taper started a few days ago.

Hey Rockbush,

Sorry to hear about your recovery. But just stay with the Doctor's taper. I did the C/T, and it wasn't a walk in the park at all. It was just Crazy. I nevered seizures, but caught myself slurring a few times, and that wasn't good. So you have lots of BB hear to help you deal with your withdraw.

So hang tight, the ride isn't good but the ending will be spectacular.

Rocket.  :thumbsup:

Hello Waitingforrelief and BB

Wish that I have started it sooner, I am sure that it night haves helped quite a few BB. But I do try to encourage All BB to leave a little Something about their day or days to show and help other BB to see that they are not the only one's going threw the Withdraws and to show them what they might expect to go threw with their withdraws. Everyone needs help, it might be a little, or it might be a lot. But, help is here on this Wonderful Site for everyone seeking it.

Godspeed and Stay Safe. Keep On Pushing Forward. The End is Near!!!!

Rocket.        ;):D:thumbsup:  :smitten:  :smitten:

Hello Waitingforrelief and BB

Wish that I have started it sooner, I am sure that it might have helped quite a few BB. But I do try to encourage All BB to leave a little Something about their day or days to show and help other BB to see that they are not the only one's going threw the Withdraws and to show them what they might expect to go threw with their withdraws. Everyone needs help, it might be a little, or it might be a lot. But, help is here on this Wonderful Site for everyone seeking it.

Godspeed and Stay Safe. Keep On Pushing Forward. The End is Near!!!!

Rocket.        ;):D:thumbsup:  :smitten:  :smitten:

Hello BB

I might have few products for you to use that might help you out with your withdraw synthoms.

For Sleeping...  I use Scotish Oatmeal, this was on The Doctor Oz Show. I am sleeping better now, but when I wasn't, this was my answer! During the Day, if you can, try some Herbal Teas, this should com down you system a little. But remember to eat right too. Drink lots of water every day. I did try out a product that I caught on Dr Oz Show called L-Theanine, this is another product that help me sleep very well at night too. I only took it for a few nights, but when I did, I slept for 8 hours.

I do hope everone tries o get enough sleep, because his is the time the body and mind start to repair its self.

Wish everyone the best in their recovery and try to stay strong

Rocket.    :smitten:

Truthfully, I feel crummy today. My ears are ringing, my muscles aches and I have a burning of my scalp and shoulders. It is my own darn fault. I had some extra Xanax and I took it the day before last after a rough session with my therapist. I just wanted to sleep the day away and not worry about anything. But now I am paying the price with rebound anxiety.

I see my pdoc today. I am going to ask for only 30 .25mg tabs of Xanax. I am scared, but it has to be done. I hope I do not chicken out and ask for 45 tablets. I am going to have to remind myself that I, the mature adult, is the driver of this life bus. As a mature adult, I say 30 tablets only.

Blue