The Xanax Club, Let Us Know How You Are Feeling Today

[...]

Hey Julia,

I'm praying the pepcid works!

Love and hugs ❤

Hi Debbie,

Well I took a pepcid and my face kind of puffed up - like when I have a reaction to something but it did not get worse.  I ended up taking the prilosec too as my stomach did not feel better.  I am going to find out from the pharmacist what dose pepcid I should be taking.  I tried 10mg but the prilosec is 20mg so I do not know if I should be taking 20mg pepcid too.  Not sure how that works out.  As you know, I need to make sure I am taking the equivalent of the prilosec for now.

How are you doing?  Is the med change helping your stomach at all?  I really hope things get better for you!!

Thinking about you and sending hugs and prayers.

Love you!  :smitten:

Hi Julia,

Oh I hope you don't have a problem with the pepcid.  The pharmacist should be able to help with the correct dosage.

Well I can't tell that the medications are doing anything.  I called the ANP GI and asked about going ahead and getting scheduled for an EGD of course they closed at noon today but her nurse called me back.  She thinks I'll probably have the H pylori blood test first.  I don't know why all these doctors won't test for that to begin with!  I need to be more assertive!  Just had to rant.  Being patient with benzos and now this sure is not fun.

Hope you get your doses figured out.

Love and hugs❤❤❤

Hi Debbie - Wow - So sorry the meds are not helping you!  Yeah - with all you have been dealing with I would have thought they would have tested for H. Pylori too.  But at least they will now and I hope you get some answers so they can help you.  I know you need relief.

I called the pharmacist and he gave me advice on how to take the pepcid and the dose to take.  He also thinks my stomach pain is from the prilosec.  He said it sounded like to him what I said and that is that by morning, the medicine is out of my system and then when I take it and it gets back in my system and then my stomach eases up.  (Withdrawal from Prilosec)  He is glad that I am going to get off the prilosec and then the pepcid and he was happy about me tapering off the xanax.  I use Express Scripts so I do not always get to talk to the same pharmacist.  This one was nice and knowledgeable.

I am praying for you to feel better and to get some relief.  I know this is not helping  with your anxiety either!!

Know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love you!  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [to...]

• [Di...]

• [...]

• [se...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Julia,

I hope I can get some good help.  I think the gaviscon is actually hurting my stomach I am so weird. I've noticed that after I take it my stomach hurts more and feels bloated for 3-4 hours.  It is so strange but I sleep well so far its during the day.  I talked to the pharmacist he was surprised.

I'm so glad the pharmacist was helpful and knowledgeable alot of them aren't.

Praying for you too.

Love and hugs ❤❤❤

Thank you Julia,

I hope I can get some good help.  I think the gaviscon is actually hurting my stomach I am so weird. I've noticed that after I take it my stomach hurts more and feels bloated for 3-4 hours.  It is so strange but I sleep well so far its during the day.  I talked to the pharmacist he was surprised.

Praying for you too.

Love and hugs ❤❤❤

Hi Debbie, I hope you can too!!  I was thinking about it and I got so sensitive to meds and everything else once I was on the CT and I am still sensitive to things now, especially meds.  I have read that about so many people on BB.  You are probably having the same issues with things that would not have bothered you before.  Thanks Benzo!!!!  GRRRRRR  Doctors do not realize what these benzo's do to our CNS.  It really is a shame we have to go through this. 

The gaviscon sounds like it is a problem.  I looked it up and there are people that do have issues with it and it says it works for about 4 hours so that would be about the amount of time it is bothering you.  If it were me, I would stop taking it as it is not helping anyway but you have to do what you think is best for you. 

I am praying we do better tomorrow.

Love you!  :hug::mybuddy:

Thank you Julia,

Praying for you too.

Love and hugs ❤❤❤

Hi Debbie, I hope you can too!!  I was thinking about it and I got so sensitive to meds and everything else once I was on the CT and I am still sensitive to things now, especially meds.  I have read that about so many people on BB.  You are probably having the same issues with things that would not have bothered you before.  Thanks Benzo!!!!  GRRRRRR  Doctors do not realize what these benzo's do to our CNS.  It really is a shame we have to go through this. 

The gaviscon sounds like it is a problem.  I looked it up and there are people that do have issues with it and it says it works for about 4 hours so that would be about the amount of time it is bothering you.  If it were me, I would stop taking it as it is not helping anyway but you have to do what you think is best for you. 

[/quoall. 

Thank you Julia,

I didn't ever have a problem with medicine until the blood pressure medication and then that started it all.  Next enters Benzo!!!

I didn't take gaviscon tonight and my stomach has felt better I'm going to try pepto and mylanta.  Crazy crazy stuff we have to deal with.

Yes praying we feel better tomorrow.

Love you❤❤❤

Im about to give up. I cannot handle this..I feel like the oddball here. I have no spouse, no money, no good doctor and lots of suffering with getting these reductions correct and trying to wrap my mind around how long this is going to take.  I don't feel like I can continue to suffer like this, and every time I read the Ashton manual it freaks me out.  The things written it there are so brilliant but so depressing becasue they ring so true.  my 2mg xanax(alprazolam) tablets break apart uneven when I use a pill cutter and forget about it trying to use the score lines that are on the tablet.  The liquid taper did not work well for me, so I'm left with dry cutting.  My brain is so unable to function cognitively, that I don't understand when people post percentages and all the numerical stuff about their cuts.  I'm not doing well and I feel like I just want this pain from having to w/d to stop.

Im about to give up. I cannot handle this..I feel like the oddball here. I have no spouse, no money, no good doctor and lots of suffering with getting these reductions correct and trying to wrap my mind around how long this is going to take.  I don't feel like I can continue to suffer like this, and every time I read the Ashton manual it freaks me out.  The things written it there are so brilliant but so depressing becasue they ring so true.  my 2mg xanax(alprazolam) tablets break apart uneven when I use a pill cutter and forget about it trying to use the score lines that are on the tablet.  The liquid taper did not work well for me, so I'm left with dry cutting.  My brain is so unable to function cognitively, that I don't understand when people post percentages and all the numerical stuff about their cuts.  I'm not doing well and I feel like I just want this pain from having to w/d to stop.

I completely empathize with your frustration!  It's valid and understandable.  This process is not for the faint of heart but it truly can be done.

First, do you have access to Amazon?  Honestly, all you need is a gram scale and a metal nail file.  My gram scale measures to the .001 (when you look them up, you'll see the weight, etc.)  With those two tools, you can do a direct taper all the way down to 0. 

Let me know if you have access to purchasing one of these.  I'm more than happy to supply information on the model and I believe it's no more than $20 and a metal nail file is only a few dollars.  If you can get access to these, we can help you with the math.. there are so many people on here who are willing and able to help you.  Please hang in there.  We'll get you through this!  Once you get the weighing down, the rest is easy!  I was struggling a few months ago as well until my son did a spreadsheet for me showing me exactly how much each pill should weight at a certain dose.  Now it's sooooo easy!  Trust me on this!  I'm also happy to send you the calculations but I'd need to know your pills manufacturer and dose

Again, let us know if you can get a scale. I wish I could send you my extra one!

Fondly,

Lori

Widesky and Lori0413, I am having to dry cut also and yes the cutters never cut the pills accurately.  Lori, can I purchase this gram scale on Amazon with file? Also, do you mind letting me know the brand so I can make sure I am purchasing the correct one?    I just started my taper and I am pulling my hair out trying to get accurate cuts.  I do not want to do the liquid taper either and will stick with dry cutting till the end.  On the plus side, this is day 5 for me and I am not feeling so disconnected as I was the first couple of days.  Hope when I make another .5 cut in 9 days my body adapts quickly.  Widesky, I use my fingernail to break the xanax on the scoreline and then use the pill cutter to take that half and make the second cut.  Those are the cuts that are never accurate. 

Julia I’m sorry you’re having problems, I hope you’ll feel better soon! Diane how are you?  For me lately fatigue has been my worst symptom, I’m tired all day long, I’ve understood that my brain fog is related to this generic fatigue because it totally gets worse when I even feel more tired. I think I’m going to do another cut because Xanax is a potent muscle relaxer and sedative so I think for me it’s best to push through. There is also another thing I don’t get: reading Ashton she advices to cut 0.5 mg of Valium (0.025 of Xanax) every 2 weeks, so why lot of people say she said 10% every 2 weeks? I don’t find a reference for that! I’m following more the approach that Mary had, not fast but not even super slow, I’m at the point I think until we take this poison we can’t feel very well

Widesky,

Please do not give up.  You can do this.  Using the scale and nail file is the way I do this too.  It is so much easier than anything else I have tried in the 32 months I have been tapering.  There is a spreadsheet you can use also so you will know the amount you need to take for each dose.

Amazon has the scale and the link is

https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Weigh-GEM20-Precision-Milligram/dp/B00ESHDGOI

and the nail file I bought is:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HQBGGZ7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can get whatever nail file you want, this one is stainless steel and for me, it shaves the pills easier.

Once you start using these tools, things will be so much easier.  Before I started to use the scale I was like you, frustrated and I knew my doses were not correct and they need to be.  This method has helped me tremendously.

As far as not having a spouse, money good doctor etc., we all have our own issues with these things.  We all have to get through this the best way we can.  We are here to give you support and encouragement and answer your questions and help you all we can.  This is not easy for any of us. 

I have not read the Ashton manual.  I have seen people refer to it here and there on BB but since I am not crossing over to valium or another benzo, I have not felt the need to read it.  I am sure there is great information in the manual but I have not found the need to use it.  Too much information at once is not always good either. I try to keep this as simple as I can.

I hope you will feel better.  You can do this - it is hard as hell but it is doable. Getting off benzo's is worth it in the end. 

What you are feeling is normal and many of us have felt the same way.  I have felt this way many times but I just keep going.  I want and need to be off xanax.  I have been having feelings of frustration all week and feeling like this will never end but it will and I have to constantly remember that I have come a long way.  You are just starting but you will get there too!  You did the right thing by posting how you are feeling.  That is what BB is here for. 

Take care.

Torris,

The scale and nail I bought are from Amazon and they are sold seperately.  The following is what I purchased.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HQBGGZ7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope that helps.

Julia I’m sorry you’re having problems, I hope you’ll feel better soon! Diane how are you?  For me lately fatigue has been my worst symptom, I’m tired all day long, I’ve understood that my brain fog is related to this generic fatigue because it totally gets worse when I even feel more tired. I think I’m going to do another cut because Xanax is a potent muscle relaxer and sedative so I think for me it’s best to push through. There is also another thing I don’t get: reading Ashton she advices to cut 0.5 mg of Valium (0.025 of Xanax) every 2 weeks, so why lot of people say she said 10% every 2 weeks? I don’t find a reference for that! I’m following more the approach that Mary had, not fast but not even super slow, I’m at the point I think until we take this poison we can’t feel very well

Hi EnzoIt,

Thank you!  I will get things figured out and do what I need to do to feel better.  It is amazing how many meds we are given that cause even more problems.

Sorry you are still having the issues with the brain fog.  I know it can be difficult to deal with.  I think you may be right about pushing ahead.

I have never read the Ashton Manual as I did not do a crossover to valium but I have read there is a lot of good information in it.  As far as the 5%-10% every 10-14 days - I am not sure but I think that is from buddies that have tapered long before us.  I am not sure.  I have not heard about it being in the Ashton Manual.  I agree that Mary had a good taper plan and it seems to have worked well for her.

I agree that I think once we are off the poison, that is when we will begin to completely heal and then feel better.

Take care.

:smitten:

Thank you Julia,

Praying for you too.

Love and hugs ❤❤❤

[/quoall. 

Thank you Julia,

I didn't ever have a problem with medicine until the blood pressure medication and then that started it all.  Next enters Benzo!!!

I didn't take gaviscon tonight and my stomach has felt better I'm going to try pepto and mylanta.  Crazy crazy stuff we have to deal with.

Yes praying we feel better tomorrow.

Love you❤❤❤

Hi Debbie,

I know , it is crazy!!!  I am glad you did not take that med and I am very glad your stomach felt better.  The pepto does help me too sometimes.

I hope you are having a better day!  I am still the same but I will get better.  I just have to get the meds I need in order to do what I need to do. 

I am going to make a cut tomorrow and see how it goes.

Love and hugs,

:smitten: :smitten:

Thanks Tolnbltp:  I just ordered the scale and nail file from Amazon.  I certainly want that precision and know I will need it the lower down I go.  Day 5 of taper and I am feeling a little more stable.  I went to a small festival in town, had some strange sensations but I just went with it so that certainly put a small on my face.  I always take the good days when I can get them.  I can't thank you enough and everyone on this site for all your help.  It is wonderful not to feel alone on this journey!

I completely empathize with your frustration!  It's valid and understandable.  This process is not for the faint of heart but it truly can be done.

First, do you have access to Amazon?  Honestly, all you need is a gram scale and a metal nail file.  My gram scale measures to the .001 (when you look them up, you'll see the weight, etc.)  With those two tools, you can do a direct taper all the way down to 0. 

Let me know if you have access to purchasing one of these.  I'm more than happy to supply information on the model and I believe it's no more than $20 and a metal nail file is only a few dollars.  If you can get access to these, we can help you with the math.. there are so many people on here who are willing and able to help you.  Please hang in there.  We'll get you through this!  Once you get the weighing down, the rest is easy!  I was struggling a few months ago as well until my son did a spreadsheet for me showing me exactly how much each pill should weight at a certain dose.  Now it's sooooo easy!  Trust me on this!  I'm also happy to send you the calculations but I'd need to know your pills manufacturer and dose

Again, let us know if you can get a scale. I wish I could send you my extra one!

Fondly,

Lori

Lori Thanks for the support and encouragement.  I just got the same scale as you so that piece is done! The manufacturer is SANDOZ and it is a 2mg tablet..the bar shape. I am dosing 4x/day.  I would love that spreadsheet!

I hate Xanax!

Widesky,

Please do not give up.  You can do this.  Using the scale and nail file is the way I do this too.  It is so much easier than anything else I have tried in the 32 months I have been tapering.  There is a spreadsheet you can use also so you will know the amount you need to take for each dose.

You can get whatever nail file you want, this one is stainless steel and for me, it shaves the pills easier.

Once you start using these tools, things will be so much easier.  Before I started to use the scale I was like you, frustrated and I knew my doses were not correct and they need to be.  This method has helped me tremendously.

As far as not having a spouse, money good doctor etc., we all have our own issues with these things.  We all have to get through this the best way we can.  We are here to give you support and encouragement and answer your questions and help you all we can.  This is not easy for any of us. 

I have not read the Ashton manual.  I have seen people refer to it here and there on BB but since I am not crossing over to valium or another benzo, I have not felt the need to read it.  I am sure there is great information in the manual but I have not found the need to use it.  Too much information at once is not always good either. I try to keep this as simple as I can.

I hope you will feel better.  You can do this - it is hard as hell but it is doable. Getting off benzo's is worth it in the end. 

What you are feeling is normal and many of us have felt the same way.  I have felt this way many times but I just keep going.  I want and need to be off xanax.  I have been having feelings of frustration all week and feeling like this will never end but it will and I have to constantly remember that I have come a long way.  You are just starting but you will get there too!  You did the right thing by posting how you are feeling.  That is what BB is here for. 

Take care.

Thanks tolnblpt, your reply means so much. I too need to be off Xanax! I hate that I can't CT and have to keep using the drug, but I know that is how I have to proceed.  Where is that spreadsheet you mentioned?  I think Lori is going to send me one, but where is the one you mentioned? Is there a link?  I did order the nail file you use, and I just got the scale so I have it in my possession. Thank you again for the love and support .

Thanks Tolnbltp:  I just ordered the scale and nail file from Amazon.  I certainly want that precision and know I will need it the lower down I go.  Day 5 of taper and I am feeling a little more stable.  I went to a small festival in town, had some strange sensations but I just went with it so that certainly put a small on my face.  I always take the good days when I can get them.  I can't thank you enough and everyone on this site for all your help.  It is wonderful not to feel alone on this journey!

Hi Torris,

Great!  I think you will find that is so much easier.  You may also find a pill cutter to be helpful at the doses you are at now.  I am so glad you are feeling more stable.  That is great!  Wow - that is awesome that you were able to go out and be social.  You are doing well with not letting the sensations get to you.  Yes - good days are treasures. 

Glad to help when I can.  You will find that BB will be an important part of your taper.  There is so much to learn at first and fortunately there are a lot of caring people here that want to help, like they have been helped.  I am so glad that you do not feel alone.  That is important.  Another great thing about this site is you can post 24/7 if you need or want to. 

Have a good day and you are doing great!!! 

Julia

Hi Widesky,

I totally understand wanting to just get off the xanax.  When I was put on that CT, it was horrible day and night for 7-8 months before a doctor reinstated me on xanax and even then it took me a year to stabilize and so for months after I reinstated, I still suffered.

Fortunately there is a way to do this that will make things less painful and you will heal as you go so when you get off the xanax it will be a easier transition. 

I am including a link to the thread where it has the spreadsheet that was made for me when I wanted to try liquid but changed my mind.  I am still using this spreadsheet to do a dry taper and I just change the information each week or whenever I want to make a cut.  After you fill out the info, the spreadsheet will tell you what your dose is in mg and then it breaks it out into grams and that is the number you use with the scale.  You will see what I mean when you look at it.  When you click on the link, it will take you to that thread and then scroll down and read the directions that are there under the link to download the SS.  You can also send a PM to the person who did that SS for me and they will customize one for you if you asked them to.  His user name is badsocref

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=259438.msg3280752#msg3280752

Also there is another spreadsheet that people use and I will insert a link to a person here who explains how to use it.  If you have questions, he will be happy to help you with it.

Here is the instructional SlownSteady wrote on how to use his generator...

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=254653.5#post_generator  He is really good with information and helps a lot of people.

Anytime you have a question, there is usually someone on BB that can answer it, even if they are tapering from a different benzo.

Hope all that helps.

Julia

Hello everyone,

Enzolt I am so sorry you are dealing with fatigue.  You are doing so well with your taper and soon you will be done with this poison and healed.  I had a rough morning but the afternoon finally got better.

Take care❤

Widesky I am so glad you are feeling a little better.  Any tiny bit of improvement is huge for us all.

Hugs❤

Torris I just put the DARE book on my kindle I'm starting it now...thank you for mentioning it.

Hugs❤

Julia I hope you are feeling better tonight.  Praying your cut tomorrow will go well for you.  I felt better this afternoon and evening.  My hair dresser called so I went and got my hair cut then my husband and shopped for new furniture... I can't believe I was able to do the shopping.  I am so thankful I did it.

❤  Hugs ❤

Always praying 🙏  for everyone

Widesky,

Take care.

Thanks tolnblpt, your reply means so much. I too need to be off Xanax! I hate that I can't CT and have to keep using the drug, but I know that is how I have to proceed.  Where is that spreadsheet you mentioned?  I think Lori is going to send me one, but where is the one you mentioned? Is there a link?  I did order the nail file you use, and I just got the scale so I have it in my possession. Thank you again for the love and support .

I use Sandoz as well but my pills are .25 milligrams so my chart wont help you right now. 

Are you attempting to use the one 2 milligram pill for 4 doses throughout the day?  If so, I can surely understand your frustration.  Is there anyway that your doctor can prescribe you a lower dose pill so that you can move forward with your taper in an easier way? 

The chart my son put together for me was for my taper from .5 milligrams and lower.  However, since I have the weight of each pill and the weight of each reduction, I'm sure we can work it out once you weigh what your pills are.  It would simply be much easier if you were working with .5 or .25 milligram pills. 

Keep me posted on what you have.

Widesky and Lori0413, I am having to dry cut also and yes the cutters never cut the pills accurately.  Lori, can I purchase this gram scale on Amazon with file? Also, do you mind letting me know the brand so I can make sure I am purchasing the correct one?    I just started my taper and I am pulling my hair out trying to get accurate cuts.  I do not want to do the liquid taper either and will stick with dry cutting till the end.  On the plus side, this is day 5 for me and I am not feeling so disconnected as I was the first couple of days.  Hope when I make another .5 cut in 9 days my body adapts quickly.  Widesky, I use my fingernail to break the xanax on the scoreline and then use the pill cutter to take that half and make the second cut.  Those are the cuts that are never accurate.

I'm so sorry I didn't see this.  I'm only on here about once per week or so.  Nevertheless, I'm glad that you got the information on the scale and file.  It truly does make this process so much easier!

(For Widesky as well).....  I should have clarified that my dose schedule is using the weight of a Sandoz .25 milligram tablet beginning at @ .5 milligram dose per day (taking files off of a .25 milligram pill 4 times).  However, I'm sure people can do the math to "up it" as well. 

Let me know if anyone needs this and I'm happy to send it!

Fondly,

Lori

Just a tapering tip. Get a good plastic or rubber container, and shave/file your pills over it. You can also toss in pills that crumble. You will end up with a container of the medication that you can weigh and put into capsules when you get low in dose. Or, for liquid if you end up using that method.

Also, your not tossing out medication as much if you save your broken crumbles and shavings.

Just a tapering tip. Get a good plastic or rubber container, and shave/file your pills over it. You can also toss in pills that crumble. You will end up with a container of the medication that you can weigh and put into capsules when you get low in dose. Or, for liquid if you end up using that method.

Also, your not tossing out medication as much if you save your broken crumbles and shavings.

Thanks Baddove,

That is a great tip.  I have started to do that and I am sure by the end of this, I will be using some of the crumbs and maybe powder.

Hugs,

:smitten: :smitten:

Hello everyone,

Enzolt I am so sorry you are dealing with fatigue.  You are doing so well with your taper and soon you will be done with this poison and healed.  I had a rough morning but the afternoon finally got better.

Take care❤

Widesky I am so glad you are feeling a little better.  Any tiny bit of improvement is huge for us all.

Hugs❤

Torris I just put the DARE book on my kindle I'm starting it now...thank you for mentioning it.

Hugs❤

Julia I hope you are feeling better tonight.  Praying your cut tomorrow will go well for you.  I felt better this afternoon and evening.  My hair dresser called so I went and got my hair cut then my husband and shopped for new furniture... I can't believe I was able to do the shopping.  I am so thankful I did it.

❤  Hugs ❤

Always praying 🙏  for everyone

Hi Debbie,

Wow - I am so happy for you!!  What a wonderful surprise for you.  I am so glad that you felt good enough to have your hair cut and to go out and shop for new furniture.  That is such an improvement for you!  I hope that it continues for you.  You deserve a break with all that you have been enduring.

I am still having stomach pain in the mornings that usually eases by afternoon.  I should have my meds tomorrow and can start the taper of prilosec the way the doctor and pharmacist suggested.  I also found some buddies on here that have done this as well and their post are very helpful.

Have a great day my friend!!  I hope you are feeling good!  I am sure it felt nice to get out with your husband too!  Good for you!!!!

Love you and sending hugs and prayers!!

Julia  :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you Julia,

I really enjoyed feeling good for a while.  This morning lots of anxiety!

I'm sorry your stomach is still hurting.  So glad you have found some buddies that have tapered off prilosec I'm sure they will have some good info for you.  Praying you feel better this afternoon and that your cut goes well.

Love you❤❤❤

Widesky,

Take care.

I use Sandoz as well but my pills are .25 milligrams so my chart wont help you right now. 

Are you attempting to use the one 2 milligram pill for 4 doses throughout the day?  If so, I can surely understand your frustration.  Is there anyway that your doctor can prescribe you a lower dose pill so that you can move forward with your taper in an easier way? 

The chart my son put together for me was for my taper from .5 milligrams and lower.  However, since I have the weight of each pill and the weight of each reduction, I'm sure we can work it out once you weigh what your pills are.  It would simply be much easier if you were working with .5 or .25 milligram pills. 

Keep me posted on what you have.

I had already intended to ask him for .5 pills, but I just got the 2mg tablets refilled. Each 2mg pill weighs 264g