• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [to...]

• [Di...]

• [...]

• [se...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi y'all

Thanks for the love Heartmost and everyone please know I'm rooting for you and myself, too! We are going to do this and recover!

Today was the first official cut of 0.2mg from 2mg.  It's a challenge to cut across all 4 doses cutting the tablet.

I still have double vision, tights muscles, headache and some illogical thoughts.  I'm going to ask my doctor for .25mg for all my tablets, I think these will be easier to reduce instead of trying to cut the 2mg tablet into 4 equal doses and reduce each one.  A liquid taper from X was impossible for me, even if I dosed 4 times/day, I was still getting interdose w/d.  I think he liquid solution was being absorbed and making its way too quickly through my system.  When Ii switched back to dry tapering, the interdose w/d was incredible better.  Hopefully this will continue.  Insomnia is a problem for me, but I just accept it, which doesn't mean it still isn't a hellacious experience. Love to you all, and thanks for being my buddies..it means the world to me!  :smitten:

Thank you HeartofMost, tolnbltp and everyone else.  Day 3 of my taper.  I had a little headache and a little bit of my neck and back pain came back other then that, I am holding my own withholding .50 of the Xanax.  Question, how many days until you would feel withdrawals?  Does it normally happen on the first or second day since Xanax leaves your system so quickly?  Or does it sneak up on you a week later?  Yes, I am nervous about the taper but looking forward to a life without Xanax.... 

Hi Widesky,

Good for you!!  Your journey begins!!  If you are having issues with cutting the pills into equal doses you can get a scale, weigh the pills and use a nail file to cut them to the size you need.  I am finding that is the easiest way for me to get accurate doses. 

I also think getting the .25 mg pills would be a good thing to do.

I agree that the liquid is hard to do as  I tried it too and it did not work for me either!  Some people are able to do the liquid with no problem.

I hope your insomnia gets better. 

I hope you feel better and your taper goes well!!

Hugs! :smitten:

Thank you HeartofMost, tolnbltp and everyone else.  Day 3 of my taper.  I had a little headache and a little bit of my neck and back pain came back other then that, I am holding my own withholding .50 of the Xanax.  Question, how many days until you would feel withdrawals?  Does it normally happen on the first or second day since Xanax leaves your system so quickly?  Or does it sneak up on you a week later?  Yes, I am nervous about the taper but looking forward to a life without Xanax....

Torris, everyone is so different, when I was forced to go CT because of a refill error, I was w/o X for 36 hours and full blown w/d symptoms came on in a mere 24hrs.  When I started to taper the first time, I started having symptoms on about the 3rd day.  That's just what happened to me.

Hi y'all

Thanks for the love Heartmost and everyone please know I'm rooting for you and myself, too! We are going to do this and recover!

Today was the first official cut of 0.2mg from 2mg.  It's a challenge to cut across all 4 doses cutting the tablet.

I still have double vision, tights muscles, headache and some illogical thoughts.  I'm going to ask my doctor for .25mg for all my tablets, I think these will be easier to reduce instead of trying to cut the 2mg tablet into 4 equal doses and reduce each one.  A liquid taper from X was impossible for me, even if I dosed 4 times/day, I was still getting interdose w/d.  I think he liquid solution was being absorbed and making its way too quickly through my system.  When Ii switched back to dry tapering, the interdose w/d was incredible better.  Hopefully this will continue.  Insomnia is a problem for me, but I just accept it, which doesn't mean it still isn't a hellacious experience. Love to you all, and thanks for being my buddies..it means the world to me!  :smitten:

Hi Widesky,

Wishing you the best with your taper!

Hugs❤

For me, I have noticed that I have WD symptoms within a couple days, if I am going to have them but I know from others posts that it can happen later too. Good for you for getting going on your taper. Just listen to your body.

Have a great Thursday,

HM

Hey, forgot to share this.  I was actually able to drive today and go get my car inspected.  Small victories, right?! :smitten:

That's awesome! Small victories is right :) Amen! Good job!

HM

Hi Torris,

Glad you are doing well!  It varies for me, if I make a cut and it is too soon, I have symptoms the day of the cut, otherwise it is usually within 2-4 days.  I have had times when it was longer but on average it is 2-4 days.  Sometimes they last a few days and sometimes they last a couple weeks.  It really depends on the size of cut I make.  I try to not make large cuts- as in over 5-6% as when I do, I usually get hit hard with symptoms and they last longer.

You will know when it is time to hold as your body will let you know.  As long as you are functional and can tolerate whatever symptoms you have, and you give your body time to adjust, you will do fine!

Glad you are taking the steps to be rid of this drug.

Julia

Hey, forgot to share this.  I was actually able to drive today and go get my car inspected.  Small victories, right?! :smitten:

That is awesome!!!  Every time we do something to take our lives back is a win!!  Happy for you!

Thank you Julia...you are always so encouraging I appreciate you so much!

Feel better!

Love you❤❤❤

Thanks Debbie - you are always so encouraging  too and I appreciate you too!!!!  The 2nd dose never helped.  I was anxious and had internal shaking today for the first time in a long time!  I hated it!  I have finally calmed down after dose 3.  This is similar to what I did a couple weeks ago so I think it will even out soon.

I really think that darn prilosec did it!

Oh well - just have to keep moving forward!!  This week is almost done!!  Yah!!!  One week closer to the end of this.

Love and hugs!!!!  :smitten:

Feel better!

Love you❤❤❤

Thanks Debbie - you are always so encouraging  too and I appreciate you too!!!!  The 2nd dose never helped.  I was anxious and had internal shaking today for the first time in a long time!  I hated it!  I have finally calmed down after dose 3.  This is similar to what I did a couple weeks ago so I think it will even out soon.

Oh well - just have to keep moving forward!!  This week is almost done!!  Yah!!!  One week closer to the end of this.

Hi Julia,

I'm sorry it took all day for you to calm down but so glad you have.

Yep I bet the prilosec messed you up...more stupid medicine!  I'll be so glad for you when you can get switched over.

Yes one week closer 😊

Love and prayers ❤❤❤

Day 3 and yes, I am starting to feel withdrawals from the .50 reduction.  I am having a new sensation where my right ear feels full.  I went to Lowes and to the Tire Store today and was fine at Lowes but by the time I went to the Tire Store, I felt anxiety, ear fullness, and kinda out of my body.  I did not freak out and brought down my breathing and kept on with my day.  Anxiety is certainly sneaky and I do try and ignore the bodily sensations to the best of my ability.  By the time I got home, the fullness in my ear still would not go away and I decided to ignore it and drink some tea and work out in my yard picking pears.  Hoping my body adjusts to the .50 reduction in the next few days so I can make yet another .50 cut.  I knew this wasn't going to be fun but I am going to try and make the best out of it.  Trying so hard not rush this taper as I know I have a very long road ahead of me. 

Feel better!

Love you❤❤❤

Hi Julia,

I'm sorry it took all day for you to calm down but so glad you have.

Yep I bet the prilosec messed you up...more stupid medicine!  I'll be so glad for you when you can get switched over.

Yes one week closer 😊

Love and prayers ❤❤❤

Thanks Debbie - you are so sweet!!  I am glad too.  I am better and I will take that over no improvement!  Yup - more stupid medicine!!  I will also be glad when I have switched over and then can taper from that too.  I am going to start the pepcid tomorrow and see if it helps my stomach pain in the morning.  I pray it does!!!

Love and prayers to you too!!!  :hug:

Day 3 and yes, I am starting to feel withdrawals from the .50 reduction.  I am having a new sensation where my right ear feels full.  I went to Lowes and to the Tire Store today and was fine at Lowes but by the time I went to the Tire Store, I felt anxiety, ear fullness, and kinda out of my body.  I did not freak out and brought down my breathing and kept on with my day.  Anxiety is certainly sneaky and I do try and ignore the bodily sensations to the best of my ability.  By the time I got home, the fullness in my ear still would not go away and I decided to ignore it and drink some tea and work out in my yard picking pears.  Hoping my body adjusts to the .50 reduction in the next few days so I can make yet another .50 cut.  I knew this wasn't going to be fun but I am going to try and make the best out of it.  Trying so hard not rush this taper as I know I have a very long road ahead of me.

Hi Torris,

I know it can be scary but you will be ok.  If doing the .5 cut right now is too hard then I would suggest doing a .25 the next cut.  I would give it a few days before you decide what you want to do.  I have the ear pressure and it comes and goes.  Sometimes it is just an annoyance and sometimes it gets on my nerves.  Anxiety is very sneaky but I am glad you got through that! 

Good for you not letting all that bring you down!!  You can do this.  It is hard but it is worth doing.  You will find that any kind of distraction that you like will become one of your best friends through this.  Distraction is my number one tool. 

Stay strong and you will get through this.

Hugs,

Julia  :smitten:

Hi Torris,

You did good with doing your distraction so glad for you.  I wish I was better at distracting maybe I can learn from you.

I've not had the ear fullness but a flutter in one ear a couple of times it was annoying.

Hang in there you are doing good.

Hugs

Dianedeedee:  I have had so many panic attacks throughout my life you kinda get used to them.  I don't mind the waking up in the middle of the night with my heart pounding 200 beats a minute and laying there with the fight or flight as at least after about an hour it is over and you can go back to sleep and it is out of your system.    What I hate is the constant feeling that I am going to crawl out of my skin or I have drank 5000 cups of coffee.  That is what happened to me when I hit tolerance.  The day in and day out was driving me nuts with little to no sleep.  I am a little better now as I always keep telling myself that they are nothing but sensations that will not kill me but just pain in the behind sensations that I cannot fixate on.  I have been listening to a lot of binary beats which actually work and I love running on my ellipical machine to expel pinned up adrenaline.  There is also a book and app called D.A.R.E.  which really works great.  I believe we can all get through this.  I know one thing, way back in the early 80's I certainly wish I could time travel and tell myself to never ever take that stupid Xanax my doctor prescribed.  I remember he had to plead with me on the telephone to take it as I just didn't want to.  Oh how I wish I would have never taken Xanax.  On a good note, at least that is the only medication I am on now so I do feel blessed. 

Hey Julia,

I'm praying the pepcid works!

Love and hugs ❤

Hi Debbie,

Well I took a pepcid and my face kind of puffed up - like when I have a reaction to something but it did not get worse.  I ended up taking the prilosec too as my stomach did not feel better.  I am going to find out from the pharmacist what dose pepcid I should be taking.  I tried 10mg but the prilosec is 20mg so I do not know if I should be taking 20mg pepcid too.  Not sure how that works out.  As you know, I need to make sure I am taking the equivalent of the prilosec for now.

How are you doing?  Is the med change helping your stomach at all?  I really hope things get better for you!!

Thinking about you and sending hugs and prayers.

Love you!  :smitten:

Hi Torris,

I can relate - if only I had not taken that first xanax!!!!  We live and learn the hard way it seems.  I am glad you are only on one med, that is great!! 

I never had panic attacks until after I was put on a cold turkey - even then I did not know that is what was happening.  Panic attacks are the worst!!!  I had them for hours at a time daily for months.  I am so glad that when I started to taper, I have not had any.  I have had anxiety attacks but not the panic.

Hope you are doing well today!

Julia

Dianedeedee:  I have had so many panic attacks throughout my life you kinda get used to them.  I don't mind the waking up in the middle of the night with my heart pounding 200 beats a minute and laying there with the fight or flight as at least after about an hour it is over and you can go back to sleep and it is out of your system.    What I hate is the constant feeling that I am going to crawl out of my skin or I have drank 5000 cups of coffee.  That is what happened to me when I hit tolerance.  The day in and day out was driving me nuts with little to no sleep.  I am a little better now as I always keep telling myself that they are nothing but sensations that will not kill me but just pain in the behind sensations that I cannot fixate on.  I have been listening to a lot of binary beats which actually work and I love running on my ellipical machine to expel pinned up adrenaline.  There is also a book and app called D.A.R.E.  which really works great.  I believe we can all get through this.  I know one thing, way back in the early 80's I certainly wish I could time travel and tell myself to never ever take that stupid Xanax my doctor prescribed.  I remember he had to plead with me on the telephone to take it as I just didn't want to.  Oh how I wish I would have never taken Xanax.  On a good note, at least that is the only medication I am on now so I do feel blessed.

Hi Torris,

Wow you have had quite a time!  I am so sorry about the panic attacks they are so awful. I am so glad that you have found ways to deal with them.  I remember hearing about the "wonder" drugs back then to help calm you...what a nightmare they have caused so many people.  I believe we will get through it's just so many bumps in the road on this journey.  I understand the feeling of crawling out of your skin I hate it.  Yes it is a blessing that is the only med you are dealing with.

Hang in there.

Hugs❤

Hey Julia,

I'm praying the pepcid works!

Love and hugs ❤

Hi Debbie,

Well I took a pepcid and my face kind of puffed up - like when I have a reaction to something but it did not get worse.  I ended up taking the prilosec too as my stomach did not feel better.  I am going to find out from the pharmacist what dose pepcid I should be taking.  I tried 10mg but the prilosec is 20mg so I do not know if I should be taking 20mg pepcid too.  Not sure how that works out.  As you know, I need to make sure I am taking the equivalent of the prilosec for now.

How are you doing?  Is the med change helping your stomach at all?  I really hope things get better for you!!

Thinking about you and sending hugs and prayers.

Love you!  :smitten:

Hi Julia,

Oh I hope you don't have a problem with the pepcid.  The pharmacist should be able to help with the correct dosage.

Well I can't tell that the medications are doing anything.  I called the ANP GI and asked about going ahead and getting scheduled for an EGD of course they closed at noon today but her nurse called me back.  She thinks I'll probably have the H pylori blood test first.  I don't know why all these doctors won't test for that to begin with!  I need to be more assertive!  Just had to rant.  Being patient with benzos and now this sure is not fun.

Hope you get your doses figured out.

Love and hugs❤❤❤

It sounds like your doses are paradoxing. That is when they increase your symptoms, just the opposite of what you need. This is not terribly common, but something I have dealt with through most of my time on xanax.  There really is no remedy except to get through it. I  paradox at both high and low doses.

You do seem to have a really good grip on coping with the manifestations of wd and getting through how awful the drug makes you feel.

I, too listen to and breathe with binary beats, and many other things. My toolbox is pretty  big, and I just keep adding to it. It is the items I engage in in my toolbox that make me calm down and help, not the medication. I do yoga, bike and go to the gym. I do all kinds of meditation. I just discovered tapping. Have several breathing exercises as well, some are quite long. And sometimes I have to just do nothing and be still and chalk it up as a lost day. I completely blow out with overwhelming stress and anxiety a few times a month that takes a very long time to calm down from as well.

I agree with what others have said, and this is important, that slowing down the percentage you cut, and even how long you hold it could help. It would put your brain under less stress. every time we cut, we are putting it in further withdrawal. Allowing it to acclimate by lower cuts can decrease the severity of symptoms.

This is not a race. And, calendars and cuts don't play nice together.

Glad to have you join this group, looking forward to further posts from you.