• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [to...]

• [Di...]

• [...]

• [se...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm feeling exhausted and sore. Today I loaded, packed, wrapped & tied down the 5th large enclosed trailer load of solid hardwood furniture that I'm taking with me to my newly purchased home which is located south of the Mason Dixon Line. The furniture is a mix of early antebellum family artifacts and some hand-me-down furniture from my parents, such as their 1st bedroom set from when they got married and their last bedroom set they purchased before their deaths. The two things it all has in common is that it was all built to last generations and each piece is heavier than a dead preacher.

On the bright side, this move will bring me in very close proximity with my children and grandchildren. I'm looking forward to spending a lot of time with them and I believe they feel the same way. They have been asking me to relocate nearer to them for years. 

Two things are certain: This is the last time I intend to ever move my home furnishings by myself & I'm busier than a one-legged cat in a sandbox. ;) 

Scardie, Goodevening! I am no expert at all, but finishing off Ativan, maybe I am skilled a little at the micro, precision cut. Already it seems to me that Xanax needs the same approach. It must be completely accurate every time you cut. Does your scale go to 0.001mg? If not, you need one.  I have a Gemini II I think.  Whenever you are ready you can message me if I am not here a while. I go back and forth here and with my Ativan group. Since I got on both benzos just for sleep, my sleep preservation has been a big part of my micro approach, at least at the end. Good night all. I will try and post tomorrow to make some more friends. Powerball.

Hi powerball. Thanks for offer to help! Yes I have Gemini 20?It looks looks like it says Gemini 20. Not ready quite yet. Saw your reply & wanted to keep in touch. May I ask did you crush your pills to powder to weigh them? Also, may I ask, is your doc benzo wise? Hope all is going well with you. Scaredie

Scrardie and all: Sorry I have not been here lately. I have been negligent. Scardie I was going to post my taper, but I haven't had time to finish it. After 1 month at .875mg (1mg) I had no symptoms. 8 days ago, I cut to .75mg and it has been different. I have had lots of nausea, in the evenings mostly, but after 8 days it has lessened.  My sleep has always been 95%, but it has been a bit challenging. I do not exist really with less than 9hrs and now have only gotten 8, or when I tried to get 9, I woke up, had to read, and when I returned my sleep of course had been interrupted, and a poorer quality.

So, I thought I would play around with dosing and taking my Xanax and Depakote differently (the last drug I take before I go to sleep). And my little experiment seems to have worked for now.

For a full year I took my Xanax 45 minutes before my Ativan and now off Ativan, I have still been taking Xanax 45 minutes before the Depakote. So, I have tried to take the Xanax 1 hr. before the Depakote which I take immediately and go to bed. Let's see if this new dose pattern works for me. After 1 month I will go to .625mg. Good night. Powerball.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply, Powerball. Sorry you had some bumps. Hope it smoothed out & you got your 𝗦𝗹𝗲𝗲𝗽 back. I've been averaging 5-7 hours of sleep per night. Oh what I would give for a consistent 8!

Seems your moving along so well. I'm having DR with visual distortions, cog fog, fatigue, no short term memory & depression. I'm  on both Xanax & klonopin. Have been trying to quit caffeine, but it's hard with the afformentioned 𝙸𝚜𝚜𝚞𝚎𝚜. Think it's giving me trouble though.

I'm thinking I need to start learning how to dry cut taper soon.

Scaredie

Hi Everyone,

I am down to 1 mg now and break my pills so I can dose 4 times a day.  I have been at this since January 11, 2019 and started between 3.5 and 4 mg of Xanax. 

I need advice.  I need to move on with my taper and make a cut but am not sure how as all I have is pills and very bad vision so a scale will not work for me.  I am wondering if I can continue to do cuts of .125 or if that will be too much?? 

My therapist today suggested that I start moving back one of my doses until I do not take it anymore and then will be down to .75 mg.  I am not sure she understands how big a cut that is. From 1.0 to .75 is a 25% cut but she says to do this over a 2 week period and then do the same on another of my doses.  If only it was that easy.

Any suggestions would be great.  Right now I have been doing OK and not too many symptoms and am scared to make a cut because I can function right now and know with ANY cut I could be sick and feeling like crap again.  I also know if I do not make a cut I will never get off this Xanax and will not heal.  I want to heal so badly. 

I hope all are doing well.

Hugs,

Julia

My therapist today suggested that I start moving back one of my doses until I do not take it anymore and then will be down to .75 mg.

Have seen docs recommend this before. This is not tapering. It is ridiculous. No matter how far back you move it, it is way too big of a cut.

If your afraid to cut, don't. Examine your fear. Is it based on past experience? For example, do you know your bodies time frame? Or, are you projecting into the future? When down to the very small doses, tapering does get very hard. A lot of folks get scared near the end, and even postpone jumping when they are down to microdosing.

If your afraid of cutting, you will take that with you into your next cut and be over vigilant in watching and waiting for any tweaks or symptoms. You are stable now, nothing wrong with staying where your at until you are more confident. It's not a race. Whatever you may go through, you have been through it before when cutting.

When your confident and ready to handle whatever happens, micro cut if that helps. However, as your body is acclimated to 1.25, that might be best.

This is not my area of expertise, so hoping others will chime in with their experience.

Look at how far you have come. Be encouraged that you survived to this point. Focus on that more than the fear/experience of your next cut.

Hi, I just saw this.  Thank you so much for the input.  I think it is right on target.  I do believe that my fear is from having so many rough spots when I do a cut but what I decided to do is make a even smaller cut than I usually do and maybe do more of them at a lower cut.  3 weeks ago instead of doing .125, I did .0625 and then waited 15 days and since I did fine with that cut, a week ago did another .0625 cut.  I have done well this past week but am not feeling the greatest today.  But I have days like this now and then anyway so I do not know if its from the cuts or just because having a rough day.  I feel like doing the smaller cuts have helped but I want to get back to doing the .125 cuts.  I will see how I am doing.  You are right, my body will let me know when its time to cut again. 

Hoping smaller cuts will be easier to do them more often, like every 10-15 days.

Look at how far you have come. Be encouraged that you survived to this point. Focus on that more than the fear/experience of your next cut.  I have been doing that more and more.  On days when I think, darn - this is going to take forever - I remind myself how far I have come.  It has been hard but I have come a long way from 3.5 -4 mg of Xanax a day down to .875 mg now.  I am thankful for you and BB and the wonderful and helpful people here.

Thank you again.  I appreciate you so much!

Hugs, Julia

Congrats on your progress. I'm not clear, have you been doing dlmt or dry cut pill splitting?

If your dry cutting, may I ask how you got your .0625 dose?

Mine are shaped like footballs, so can't quarter, can only half.

Best wishes

Thanks SC

Congrats on your progress. I'm not clear, have you been doing dlmt or dry cut pill splitting?

Best wishes

Thanks SC

One of the other moderators wrote this up when I asked the same question. I don't want to liquid taper, tried it once, was awful. Anyway, this is a great piece with plenty of instructions for dry cutting into tablets for very low (or any size really) tablets. Links to products are included.

https://benzodrytapermath.com//

Best wishes

Thanks SC

Hi,

My pills are shaped like footballs too, my husband uses a pill cutter and is very careful and instead of cutting them in half, he cuts them long ways, then is able to cut those in half to get 4 .0625 doses.  He says it is not easy since he knows he has to be as exact as possible, but he does a great job doing it and so far, I have had no problems with it. 

I dose 4 times a day to get to the .875 mg a day,

9 am  .25 mg

12 pm  .125 and .0625 to make .1875  (using .25 mg pills cut into 4 pieces)

4 pm    .125 and .0625 to make .1875  (using .25 mg pills cut into 4 pieces)

8:30 pm  .25 mg

The next cut I will cut the last dose of the day and after that will cut the first dose of the day.  That is the plan but its subject to change if I have any issues.

Baddove - Thanks for posting that information.  I briefly looked at it, will look at it tomorrow when I have more time, but it looks helpful.

Take care

Hi, this is my first post here. I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask a question.

I bought street xanax and took 2mg, had a beer, and blacked out. When I woke up two days later I looked at my pills and realized I had taken 12mg total. Two days later I had feeling of unusual hotness and tightness in my chest. I suspected it might be withdrawal from the xanax but I that seemed crazy because I only took it for 2 days. I took some xanax, I think .5 or .25 mg, and the symptoms went away.

I decided to try tapering. I started at .5 and dropped to .125 in a week, went to 0.0625 for a day, then stopped. It's been four or five days and my symptoms are still there. It's making it difficult to work (data analyst) so I am considering taking a xanax crumb (~0.0625) today in hopes that it helps me accomplish my work. My question is, is it likely that taking this dose would make my withdrawal much much longer, or worse? Has anyone else gone through withdrawal from using for only a day and a half? Thanks!

Thanks badove & toln.

I'm not sure if I could do all it takes to do Bobs method. Would definitely need hubby to do it.

I having DR & visual distortions with cog fog. But so can't see right in the least. Thinking workers off & on.

You guys ever het these symptoms?

Tolnbltp, do you know what manufacturer makes your alprazolam.

Mine are very hard & seem to shatter in a pill cutter. I've mostly been splitting them in half with fingernails to get .25

For normal doses. I know not scientific. Mine are by greenstone.

I'm trying to see if I can get same manufacturer in .25mg.

Sorry can't see your dig right now.

How many years have you all been on Xanax?

Is Xanax only benzo you've been on.

Much thanks

SC

Best wishes

Thanks SC

Hi,

My pills are shaped like footballs too, my husband uses a pill cutter and is very careful and instead of cutting them in half, he cuts them long ways, then is able to cut those in half to get 4 .0625 doses.  He says it is not easy since he knows he has to be as exact as possible, but he does a great job doing it and so far, I have had no problems with it. 

I dose 4 times a day to get to the .875 mg a day,

9 am  .25 mg

12 pm  .125 and .0625 to make .1875  (using .25 mg pills cut into 4 pieces)

4 pm    .125 and .0625 to make .1875  (using .25 mg pills cut into 4 pieces)

The next cut I will cut the last dose of the day and after that will cut the first dose of the day.  That is the plan but its subject to change if I have any issues.

Baddove - Thanks for posting that information.  I briefly looked at it, will look at it tomorrow when I have more time, but it looks helpful.

Take care

Hi again,

Sorry more questions.

Could you please explain a little more how your husband cuts your pills lengthwise then in half to get quarters?

What kind brand of pill cutter?

Does he use pill cutter fir length cut?

And the half width cut as well?

Or does he do the half width cu with a knife or something?

I read up higher, you're having vision problems. Sorry to hear.

Are they from benzos? Being on? Withdrawl?

If from benzos, could you please share what your vision issues aren't like?

I'm having DR with 24/7 visual distortions. I can't drive.

Thanks again

Scaredie

Hi, this is my first post here. I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask a question.

I bought street xanax and took 2mg, had a beer, and blacked out. When I woke up two days later I looked at my pills and realized I had taken 12mg total. Two days later I had feeling of unusual hotness and tightness in my chest. I suspected it might be withdrawal from the xanax but I that seemed crazy because I only took it for 2 days. I took some xanax, I think .5 or .25 mg, and the symptoms went away.

I decided to try tapering. I started at .5 and dropped to .125 in a week, went to 0.0625 for a day, then stopped. It's been four or five days and my symptoms are still there. It's making it difficult to work (data analyst) so I am considering taking a xanax crumb (~0.0625) today in hopes that it helps me accomplish my work. My question is, is it likely that taking this dose would make my withdrawal much much longer, or worse? Has anyone else gone through withdrawal from using for only a day and a half? Thanks!

Hello - I am responding so you know someone saw your post but I am not sure what to tell you.  Buying street Xanax - it could have been laced with something else and it is not recommended to buy meds on the street as you do not know what is actually in the med.  Taking the high dose that you did for a day could certainly cause health issues, whether it is withdrawal or not, I do not know.  If I were in your situation, I would seek medical help as you do not know if what you took was true Xanax without anything laced in it and what you are describing with tightness in your chest could be the effects of taking 12 mg of xanax.  That is a really high dose. 

I hope you feel better soon and also I would not take anymore of the Xanax you have since you do not know if in fact it is really Xanax without anything laced in it.

From my experience with people in my past, taking such a high dose, drinking, even if only 1 beer, usually are trying to get high.  Xanax is not a drug to play with or take to get high.  I know of someone who put that much in a beer and drank it in hopes of committing suicide and did lose consciousness and when the rescue squad came, they had to resuscitate her and took her to the hospital and pumped her stomach.  She did not have any of the issues you are talking about afterward and had no withdrawal from the dose she took. 

I wish you good luck.

Thanks badove & toln.

I'm not sure if I could do all it takes to do Bobs method. Would definitely need hubby to do it.

I having DR & visual distortions with cog fog. But so can't see right in the least. Thinking workers off & on.

Mine are very hard & seem to shatter in a pill cutter. I've mostly been splitting them in half with fingernails to get .25

Much thanks

SC

Hello, - Yes I have had visual distortions before, its like one eye will get blurry and it will last for a few hours and goes away, fortunately  I have not had that in a while.  The cog fog, I do have sometimes but it is getting better the lower as I go lower in dose. 

The brand I take is greenstone and it is the only brand I can take.  They do make a .25 mg  from greenstone as well and it a white pill. 

The pill cutter I have is a generic one and does not have a name on it.  We got it from the drug store.  He takes the .5 mg and puts it in the pill cutter lengthwise and makes a cut and then he said he takes that and breaks it on the lines and that is how he gets 4 pieces of .0625.

My vision problems are from birth and not due to the xanax and withdrawal. 

I have been on Xanax then Ativan and changed back to xanax daily for 3 years and have taken xanax for over 25 years but only .25 once in a while when I was upset or something.  Maybe 4-5 times a year.  Which is the way it is intended to be taken.  Not high doses for extended lengths of time

Will respond more later.

Hugs,

Julia

Thanks badove & toln.

Much thanks

SC

Hello, - Yes I have had visual distortions before, its like one eye will get blurry and it will last for a few hours and goes away, fortunately  I have not had that in a while.  The cog fog, I do have sometimes but it is getting better the lower as I go lower in dose. 

The brand I take is greenstone and it is the only brand I can take.  They do make a .25 mg  from greenstone as well and it a white pill. 

The pill cutter I have is a generic one and does not have a name on it.  We got it from the drug store.  He takes the .5 mg and puts it in the pill cutter lengthwise and makes a cut and then he said he takes that and breaks it on the lines and that is how he gets 4 pieces of .0625.

I have been on Xanax then Ativan and changed back to xanax daily for 3 years and have taken xanax for over 25 years but only .25 once in a while when I was upset or something.  Maybe 4-5 times a year.  Which is the way it is intended to be taken.  Not high doses for extended lengths of time

Will respond more later.

Hugs,

Julia

Thanks do much for taking time to reply. So Very helpful.

To clarify, you're tapering from a .25mg xanax pill made by greenstone, by quartering it?

XX,

SC

Thanks badove & toln.

Much thanks

SC

Will respond more later.

Hugs,

Julia

To clarify, you're tapering from a .25mg xanax pill made by greenstone, by quartering it?

XX,

SC

Hi,  I am glad if I can help you in any way.  I am using .5 mg and .25 mg pills right now.  The .25 mg are the ones my husband cuts into 4 pieces to make 4 .0625 mg and the .5 mg I cut in half.  I am going to use the .25 mg pills solely once I get a new prescription for them and stop using the .5 mg ones.

Also, my husband cuts some of  the .5 mg ones into 4 pieces (which makes 4 pieces of .125 mg) the same way he cuts the .25 mg as the second and third dose I take each day is .1875 =  1) .125 and 1) .0625

I am only still using the .5 mg pills as I have alot of them.  Once I get a new prescription I will only be using the .25 mg pills.

I know this may seem confusing.  When I continue to go down in dose, I am not sure how I am going to get beneath a dose of .0625 as I am not sure these pills can be cut to a lower dose than that but I am guessing that is when I will have to go from 4 doses to 3 to 2 and to 1 and may have to start shaving pills.  I am not worrying about that right now as I have a little ways to go before I have to worry about it.

I did try the DLMT months ago and I personally did not do well with it so I went back to pill cutting and that works best for me.

This is my schedule right now

9 am  .25 mg

12 pm  .125 and .0625 to make .1875  (using .25 mg pills cut into 4 pieces for .0625 and using .5 mg pills cut into 4 pieces to make the .125 mg)

4 pm    .125 and .0625 to make .1875  (using .25 mg pills cut into 4 pieces for .0625 and using .5 mg pills cut into 4 pieces to make the .125 mg)

My next cut - the 8:30 pm does will be  .125 and .0625 to make .1875  (using .25 mg pills cut into 4 pieces for .0625 and using .5 mg pills cut into 4 pieces to make the .125 mg)

I hope you are having a good day. 

Hugs,

Julia

Thanks badove & toln.

Much thanks

SC

Will respond more later.

Hugs,

Julia

XX,

SC

I am a little confused as to your dose.  I see you take .25 4 times a day, but what is the bedtime dose?

Thanks badove & toln.

Much thanks

SC

Will respond more later.

Hugs,

Julia

XX,

SC

I am a little confused as to your dose.  I see you take .25 4 times a day, but what is the bedtime dose?

Much gratitude, again, Julia.

Very helpful & my brain was actually able to take it in. Not sure it will stay there, but it's in print, now.

You are making great progress! Bravo!

Maybe when you get down lower than .0625, you could get your pills compounded by pharmacist into capsules. Just an idea.

What is shaving pills? Is that done with a nail file? A razor?

I'm, unfortunately taking, both klonopin & alprazolam

So my doses are:

Day: every 4 hours, I try for these times or within 30m of them.

6am    .25Xanax

10am .25X

2pm  .25X

6pm  .25X

Bed 1MgXanax & 1.5 Klonopin-9:30-10pm

Take care

SC

Oh & after I read your post earlier, I went & dug through my pill cutters & got one out that has like a rubber V on the inside, that the pill is supposed to rest in, to be cut in half & a clear top, one is supposed to look through & be able to somewhat visualize the pill inside(I couldn't see well with my vision), but I stuck one of my .5x in there lengthwise, sorta wedging down into the rubber V & I was surprised that I was able to get a clean cut length wise.im not sure how even it was, but it was hopeful. Then I tried to cut the 2 pieces in half with a razor, but missed my mark & it ended up all uneven.

I'll have to practice when there's an extra pair of eyes around.

You said you husband just snaps them in half at the line with fingers after cutting lengthwise, though, right?

Does this sound like your style of pill cutter?

I have one that's rubber like I explained -> like this with dash as blade. Then I have one like this -} where the pill could only be cut width wise(think that's one that caused shattering.

Just wanted to say thanks. Your explanation was th our& helpful.

TTFN

SC

Hello, I am new to the Xanax club.  I have been trying to dose off of .25 mg 2x daily with great difficulty. I am only down 25 percent and feeling discouraged.  I am cutting 2.5 percent of .35mg once a month and still having side effects.  Hypothyroidism, low blood platelets, anxiety, depression,muscle spasms,low iron, low B 12.    it feels like it is getting more difficult with each cut, but how could I cut any less?  At this rate it will take years to be free of this drug.

I need some guidance..

Seasalt, I hear your pain.

I don't know near as much as I would like to about tapering from a very low dose, hopefully others will chime in. Please post your questions in this forum, I think you might get some quality answers:

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

From my experience with other buddies, I think these things are in play.

1. You were already in some form of withdrawl when you started. That is, the doses you took no longer had the effect they once did. That  is very very common, and it leads a lot of us to start tapering. If you were doing well at your starting dose, then I suspect your body is hypersensitive to reducing the xanax.

2. You cut too much. I know, your cuts seem reasonable. However it is VERY COMMON to micro taper at a very low dose by even as little as (o.1)

3. Each time you made a cut, you needed to adjust your next cut, so it was the same percentage or less, from your new number. It sounds like you did that, but throwing it out there. Most buddies reduce the cuts to  micro numbers at very low doses.

4. Many buddies take a break  (a hold) and /or wait longer between cuts, or reduce the amount cut  to get through  low dose tapering. It's also not uncommon to up dose to a former cut when the current cut is unmanageable. You are certainly entitled to do those things.

Tapering is not a race. It also does not have to be so strict. You can change things as you feel you need to.

I am giving you a link to micro tapering:

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

Please look at the 2 videos in "How to dry taper using a scale."

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=233546.0

Finally, tapering is difficult. The majority of us go through all kinds of chaos in the process. Here is a link on why your body is giving you so much grief:

What's happening inside your brain

Regardless, I have a lot of admiration for your tenacity to keep tapering when it is so terribly hard. Much credit to you. Please keep us informed on how your doing.

Thank you bad dove.  You are correct in  everything  you listed!! 

My husband is cutting (once a month 2.5 percent of .25 mg pill per month).  Each time I feel worse and worse, but I can not handle more.  I am worried by the time I get to .25 mg I will hit a wall.  I am going to keep going until I can’t go anymore. 

I was wondering if I did an extended hold of it would reset my pace somehow.  The physical symptoms (and mental) are really so severe.  I feel on day three and worse on week three!  It is so strange..

Thanks for the encouragement!  You have a kind heart..

Thanks badove & toln.

Much thanks

SC

Will respond more later.

Hugs,

Julia

To clarify, you're tapering from a .25mg xanax pill made by greenstone, by quartering it?  Hi, sorry, I did not see this before,  you are so welcome.  I am using .5 mg and .25 mg pills right now, quartering them both to  get to the smaller doses.  Right now my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th dose of the day are .1875 which is the following - .0625 from the  quartered .25 mg and .125 mg from the quartered .5 mg. 

XX,

SC

Much gratitude, again, Julia.

Very helpful & my brain was actually able to take it in. Not sure it will stay there, but it's in print, now. Thats awesome.  Progress.  :smitten:

You are making great progress! Bravo!  I am trying so hard.  Thank you .

Maybe when you get down lower than .0625, you could get your pills compounded by pharmacist into capsules. Just an idea.  I will definitely look into that.  I did not know you could do that.

Thank you.

What is shaving pills? Is that done with a nail file? A razor?  It is exactly what you said, you can use a nail file or razor to shave off some of the pill.  some people shave them down and use a scale to weigh their pills and dose down like that but I do not do that.

I'm, unfortunately taking, both klonopin & alprazolam

So my doses are:

Day: every 4 hours, I try for these times or within 30m of them.

6am    .25Xanax

10am .25X

2pm  .25X

6pm  .25X

Bed 1MgXanax & 1.5 Klonopin-9:30-10pm  Thanks for explaining that to me.  I understand now.  I am sorry you have to take both.  Are you just tapering the Xanax now? 

Take care 

SC

Take care and let me know if I can help you in any way.  We will get through this.  It is hard but we can do it.

Hugs,  Julia

Oh & after I read your post earlier, I went & dug through my pill cutters & got one out that has like a rubber V on the inside, that the pill is supposed to rest in, to be cut in half & a clear top, one is supposed to look through & be able to somewhat visualize the pill inside(I couldn't see well with my vision), but I stuck one of my .5x in there lengthwise, sorta wedging down into the rubber V & I was surprised that I was able to get a clean cut length wise.im not sure how even it was, but it was hopeful. Great.  That sounds like the one we have too.  Then I tried to cut the 2 pieces in half with a razor, but missed my mark & it ended up all uneven. It takes practice. 

I'll have to practice when there's an extra pair of eyes around.  :smitten:

You said you husband just snaps them in half at the line with fingers after cutting lengthwise, though, right?  Yes, he usually just snaps them in half at the line.  Sometimes he uses a little knife but 99% of the time he can snap them in half without a problem. 

Does this sound like your style of pill cutter?  Yes it does.

I have one that's rubber like I explained -> like this with dash as blade. Then I have one like this -} I had one like that but we did not have alot of luck with that one once he started doing them lengthwisewhere the pill could only be cut width wise(think that's one that caused shattering.

Just wanted to say thanks. Your explanation was th our& helpful.  You are very welcome.

I am glad I was able to explain it so you can understand what I meant.  I still have cog fog sometimes too.

:)

TTFN

SC

Hello, I am new to the Xanax club.  I have been trying to dose off of .25 mg 2x daily with great difficulty. I am only down 25 percent and feeling discouraged.  I am cutting 2.5 percent of .35mg once a month and still having side effects.  Hypothyroidism, low blood platelets, anxiety, depression,muscle spasms,low iron, low B 12.    it feels like it is getting more difficult with each cut, but how could I cut any less?  At this rate it will take years to be free of this drug.

I need some guidance..

Hello,  I am so sorry you are having such a rough time.  How many times do you dose a day?  Twice?  That is what I get from your post.  If that is what you are doing, you may want to consider dosing 4 times a day so that you are keeping a steady stream of Xanax in your system.  This would help with interdose withdrawal.

That is what I do.  I can not dose less than 4 times a day at this point.  Since the beginning of taking high doses of Xanax , I have always dosed 4 times a day.  Even with tapering, I need to do that so I do not have interdose withdrawal. 

Let me know how you dose and maybe I can give you some guidance or at least tell you what has worked for me.  I know that what works for one person may not work for all but I do know that spreading out your doses has helped alot of people.  If you are only dosing twice a day, it may help you alot to spread out your doses to 4 a day and that could help you with the symptoms you are having.

Take care.

hugs

Julia