Author Topic: The Xanax Club, Let Us Know How You Are Feeling Today  (Read 111386 times)

[Buddie]

Re: The Xanax Club, Let Us Know How You Are Feeling Today
« Reply #3200 on: September 17, 2021, 06:01:28 pm »
[...]:  I have had so many panic attacks throughout my life you kinda get used to them.  I don't mind the waking up in the middle of the night with my heart pounding 200 beats a minute and laying there with the fight or flight as at least after about an hour it is over and you can go back to sleep and it is out of your system.    What I hate is the constant feeling that I am going to crawl out of my skin or I have drank 5000 cups of coffee.  That is what happened to me when I hit tolerance.  The day in and day out was driving me nuts with little to no sleep.  I am a little better now as I always keep telling myself that they are nothing but sensations that will not kill me but just pain in the behind sensations that I cannot fixate on.  I have been listening to a lot of binary beats which actually work and I love running on my ellipical machine to expel pinned up adrenaline.  There is also a book and app called D.A.R.E.  which really works great.  I believe we can all get through this.  I know one thing, way back in the early 80's I certainly wish I could time travel and tell myself to never ever take that stupid Xanax my doctor prescribed.  I remember he had to plead with me on the telephone to take it as I just didn't want to.  Oh how I wish I would have never taken Xanax.  On a good note, at least that is the only medication I am on now so I do feel blessed.

Hi [...],
Wow you have had quite a time!  I am so sorry about the panic attacks they are so awful. I am so glad that you have found ways to deal with them.  I remember hearing about the "[...]" drugs back then to help calm you...what a nightmare they have caused so many people.  I believe we will get through it's just so many bumps in the road on this journey.  I understand the feeling of crawling out of your skin I hate it.  Yes it is a blessing that is the only med you are dealing with.

Hang in there.

Hugs❤
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3201 on: September 17, 2021, 06:17:32 pm »
Hey [...],
I'm praying the pepcid works!

Love and hugs ❤

Hi[...],
Well I took a pepcid and my face kind of puffed up - like when I have a reaction to something but it did not get worse.  I ended up taking the prilosec too as my stomach did not feel better.  I am going to find out from the pharmacist what dose pepcid I should be taking.  I tried 10mg but the prilosec is 20mg so I do not know if I should be taking 20mg pepcid too.  Not sure how that works out.  As you know, I need to make sure I am taking the equivalent of the prilosec for now.

How are you doing?  Is the med change helping your stomach at all?  I really hope things get better for you!!

Thinking about you and sending hugs and prayers.

Love you!  :smitten:

Hi [...],
Oh I hope you don't have a problem with the pepcid.  The pharmacist should be able to help with the correct dosage.

Well I can't tell that the medications are doing anything.  I called the ANP GI and asked about going ahead and getting scheduled for an EGD of course they closed at noon today but her nurse called me back.  She thinks I'[...] probably have the H pylori blood test first.  I don't know why all these doctors won't test for that to begin with!  I need to be more assertive!  Just had to rant.  Being patient with benzos and now this sure is not fun.

Hope you get your doses figured out.

Love and hugs❤❤❤
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3202 on: September 17, 2021, 08:36:13 pm »
[...]:  I have had so many panic attacks throughout my life you kinda get used to them.  I don't mind the waking up in the middle of the night with my heart pounding 200 beats a minute and laying there with the fight or flight as at least after about an hour it is over and you can go back to sleep and it is out of your system.    What I hate is the constant feeling that I am going to crawl out of my skin or I have drank 5000 cups of coffee.  That is what happened to me when I hit tolerance.  The day in and day out was driving me nuts with little to no sleep.  I am a little better now as I always keep telling myself that they are nothing but sensations that will not kill me but just pain in the behind sensations that I cannot fixate on.  I have been listening to a lot of binary beats which actually work and I love running on my ellipical machine to expel pinned up adrenaline.  There is also a book and app called D.A.R.E.  which really works great.  I believe we can all get through this.  I know one thing, way back in the early 80's I certainly wish I could time travel and tell myself to never ever take that stupid Xanax my doctor prescribed.  I remember he had to plead with me on the telephone to take it as I just didn't want to.  Oh how I wish I would have never taken Xanax.  On a good note, at least that is the only medication I am on now so I do feel blessed.

It sounds like your doses are paradoxing. That is when they increase your symptoms, just the opposite of what you need. This is not terribly common, but something I have dealt with through most of my time on xanax.  There really is no remedy except to get through it. I  paradox at both high and low doses.

You do seem to have a really good grip on coping with the manifestations of wd and getting through how awful the drug makes you feel.

I, too listen to and breathe with binary beats, and many other things. My toolbox is pretty  big, and I just keep adding to it. It is the items I engage in in my toolbox that make me calm down and help, not the medication. I do yoga, bike and go to the gym. I do all kinds of meditation. I just discovered tapping. Have several breathing exercises as well, some are quite long. And sometimes I have to just do nothing and be still and chalk it up as a lost day. I completely blow out with overwhelming stress and anxiety a few times a month that takes a very long time to calm down from as well.

I agree with what others have said, and this is important, that slowing down the percentage you cut, and even how long you hold it could help. It would put your brain under less stress. every time we cut, we are putting it in further withdrawal. Allowing it to acclimate by lower cuts can decrease the severity of symptoms.

This is not a race. And, calendars and cuts don't play nice together.

Glad to have you join this group, looking forward to further posts from you.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 08:48:05 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #3203 on: September 17, 2021, 10:34:36 pm »
Hey [...],
I'm praying the pepcid works!

Love and hugs ❤

Hi[...],
Well I took a pepcid and my face kind of puffed up - like when I have a reaction to something but it did not get worse.  I ended up taking the prilosec too as my stomach did not feel better.  I am going to find out from the pharmacist what dose pepcid I should be taking.  I tried 10mg but the prilosec is 20mg so I do not know if I should be taking 20mg pepcid too.  Not sure how that works out.  As you know, I need to make sure I am taking the equivalent of the prilosec for now.

How are you doing?  Is the med change helping your stomach at all?  I really hope things get better for you!!

Thinking about you and sending hugs and prayers.

Love you!  :smitten:

Hi [...],
Oh I hope you don't have a problem with the pepcid.  The pharmacist should be able to help with the correct dosage.

Well I can't tell that the medications are doing anything.  I called the ANP GI and asked about going ahead and getting scheduled for an EGD of course they closed at noon today but her nurse called me back.  She thinks I'[...] probably have the H pylori blood test first.  I don't know why all these doctors won't test for that to begin with!  I need to be more assertive!  Just had to rant.  Being patient with benzos and now this sure is not fun.

Hope you get your doses figured out.

Love and hugs❤❤❤

Hi[...] - Wow - So sorry the meds are not helping you!  Yeah - with all you have been dealing with I would have thought they would have tested for H. Pylori too.  But at least they will now and I hope you get some answers so they can help you.  I know you need relief.

I called the pharmacist and he gave me advice on how to take the pepcid and the dose to take.  He also thinks my stomach pain is from the prilosec.  He said it sounded like to him what I said and that is that by morning, the medicine is out of my system and then when I take it and it gets back in my system and then my stomach eases up.  (Withdrawal from Prilosec)  He is glad that I am going to get off the prilosec and then the pepcid and he was happy about me tapering off the xanax.  I use Express Scripts so I do not always get to talk to the same pharmacist.  This one was nice and knowledgeable.

I am praying for you to feel better and to get some relief.  I know this is not helping  with your anxiety either!!

Know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love you!   :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #3204 on: September 17, 2021, 11:20:24 pm »
Thank you [...],
I hope I can get some good help.  I think the gaviscon is actually hurting my stomach I am so weird. I've noticed that after I take it my stomach hurts more and feels bloated for 3-4 hours.  It is so strange but I sleep well so far its during the day.  I talked to the pharmacist he was surprised.

I'm so glad the pharmacist was helpful and knowledgeable alot of them aren't.

Praying for you too.

Love and hugs ❤❤❤

[Buddie]

« Reply #3205 on: September 18, 2021, 01:44:53 am »
Thank you [...],
I hope I can get some good help.  I think the gaviscon is actually hurting my stomach I am so weird. I've noticed that after I take it my stomach hurts more and feels bloated for 3-4 hours.  It is so strange but I sleep well so far its during the day.  I talked to the pharmacist he was surprised.

Praying for you too.

Love and hugs ❤❤❤

Hi[...], I hope you can too!!  I was thinking about it and I got so sensitive to meds and everything else once I was on the CT and I am still sensitive to things now, especially meds.  I have read that about so many people on BB.  You are probably having the same issues with things that would not have bothered you before.  Thanks Benzo!!!!  GRRRRRR  Doctors do not realize what these benzo's do to our CNS.  It really is a shame we have to go through this. 

The gaviscon sounds like it is a problem.  I looked it up and there are people that do have issues with it and it says it works for about 4 hours so that would be about the amount of time it is bothering you.  If it were me, I would stop taking it as it is not helping anyway but you have to do what you think is best for you. 

I am praying we do better tomorrow.

Love you!   :hug: :mybuddy:

[Buddie]

« Reply #3206 on: September 18, 2021, 03:14:42 am »
Thank you [...],

Praying for you too.

Love and hugs ❤❤❤

Hi[...], I hope you can too!!  I was thinking about it and I got so sensitive to meds and everything else once I was on the CT and I am still sensitive to things now, especially meds.  I have read that about so many people on BB.  You are probably having the same issues with things that would not have bothered you before.  Thanks Benzo!!!!  GRRRRRR  Doctors do not realize what these benzo's do to our CNS.  It really is a shame we have to go through this. 

The gaviscon sounds like it is a problem.  I looked it up and there are people that do have issues with it and it says it works for about 4 hours so that would be about the amount of time it is bothering you.  If it were me, I would stop taking it as it is not helping anyway but you have to do what you think is best for you. 

I am praying we do better tomorrow.

Love you!   :hug: :mybuddy:
[/quoall. 

Thank you [...],
I didn't ever have a problem with medicine until the blood pressure medication and then that started it all.  Next enters Benzo!!!

I didn't take gaviscon tonight and my stomach has felt better I'm going to try pepto and mylanta.  Crazy crazy stuff we have to deal with.

Yes praying we feel better tomorrow.

Love you❤❤❤

[Buddie]

« Reply #3207 on: September 18, 2021, 09:06:28 am »
Im about to give up. I cannot handle this..I feel like the oddball here. I have no spouse, no money, no good doctor and lots of suffering with getting these reductions correct and trying to wrap my mind around how long this is going to take.  I don't feel like I can continue to suffer like this, and every time I read the Ashton manual it freaks me out.  The things written it there are so brilliant but so depressing becasue they ring so [...].  my 2mg xanax(alprazolam) tablets break apart uneven when I use a pill cutter and forget about it trying to use the score lines that are on the tablet.  The liquid taper did not work well for me, so I'm left with dry cutting.  My brain is so unable to function cognitively, that I don't understand when people post percentages and all the numerical stuff about their cuts.  I'm not doing well and I feel like I just want this pain from having to w/d to stop.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3208 on: September 18, 2021, 01:11:13 pm »
Im about to give up. I cannot handle this..I feel like the oddball here. I have no spouse, no money, no good doctor and lots of suffering with getting these reductions correct and trying to wrap my mind around how long this is going to take.  I don't feel like I can continue to suffer like this, and every time I read the Ashton manual it freaks me out.  The things written it there are so brilliant but so depressing becasue they ring so [...].  my 2mg xanax(alprazolam) tablets break apart uneven when I use a pill cutter and forget about it trying to use the score lines that are on the tablet.  The liquid taper did not work well for me, so I'm left with dry cutting.  My brain is so unable to function cognitively, that I don't understand when people post percentages and all the numerical stuff about their cuts.  I'm not doing well and I feel like I just want this pain from having to w/d to stop.

I completely empathize with your frustration!  It's valid and understandable.  This process is not for the faint of heart but it truly can be done.

First, do you have access to Amazon?  Honestly, all you need is a gram scale and a metal nail file.  My gram scale measures to the .001 (when you look them up, you'[...] see the weight, etc.)  With those two tools, you can do a direct taper all the way down to 0. 

Let me know if you have access to purchasing one of these.  I'm more than happy to supply information on the model and I believe it's no more than $20 and a metal nail file is only a few dollars.  If you can get access to these, we can help you with the math.. there are so many people on here who are willing and able to help you.  Please hang in there.  We'[...] get you through this!   Once you get the weighing down, the rest is easy!  I was struggling a few months ago as well until my son did a spreadsheet for me showing me exactly how much each pill should weight at a certain dose.  Now it's sooooo easy!  Trust me on this!  I'm also happy to send you the calculations but I'd need to know your pills manufacturer and dose

Again, let us know if you can get a scale. I wish I could send you my extra one!

Fondly,
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #3209 on: September 18, 2021, 03:56:45 pm »
[...] and [...], I am having to dry cut also and yes the cutters never cut the pills accurately.  [...], can I purchase this gram scale on Amazon with file? Also, do you mind letting me know the brand so I can make sure I am purchasing the correct one?    I just started my taper and I am pulling my hair out trying to get accurate cuts.  I do not want to do the liquid taper either and will stick with dry cutting till the end.  On the plus side, this is day 5 for me and I am not feeling so disconnected as I was the first couple of days.  Hope when I make another .5 cut in 9 days my body adapts quickly.  [...], I use my fingernail to break the xanax on the scoreline and then use the pill cutter to take that half and make the second cut.  Those are the cuts that are never accurate.