Author Topic: The Xanax Club, Let Us Know How You Are Feeling Today  (Read 83346 times)

[Buddie]

Re: The Xanax Club, Let Us Know How You Are Feeling Today
« Reply #1460 on: July 17, 2020, 06:12:01 pm »
Good plan [...]. It sounds like you have a pdoc who works with you. That is rare, and makes such a difference.

Hang in there, you seem to know how to read what your body can handle.

I hope your trip is a nice beak. Sometimes, we are so scared of a trip/vacay, imagining the worst, but when we actually get there, we calm down, a lot.

I think it's the change of environment that feels good.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1461 on: July 18, 2020, 03:33:58 am »
Someone here posted about a post-xanax jump and still having 18 mo. of hell. I cannot find that post. I would like to respond but I cannot tonight. I will, but I have to go to bed now. I am a STRICT 1130p. [...].
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1462 on: August 10, 2020, 10:20:23 pm »
I was put on Kalamazoo .25mg  2x daily morning/evening in Dec. 2019.  After three weeks, I  went into tolerance withdrawal (which I figured out on my own).  I was hyperventilating between doses, my blood pressure would get as  high at 185/120, and then one day it just dropped to 90/56 in late February.  I started to feel like I could start tapering off this stuff. I split one.25 mg pill into four pieces and began the taper.  I dropped by 1/4  of the pill.   I went through horrible side effects, panic, anxiety, inability to sit still, depressed breathing, major digestive issues (almost had my gallbladder removed).   I had to hold for over 30 days to stabilize, then I cut down by half of that dose 1/8 and I managed.  My husband thought we should slow it down and reduce every week by 2.5% of the pill, which we did for two weeks.  The third week was really tough, and I have held for another three weeks to stabilize.  I don't know why I am having such difficulty coming off such a low dose?  I literally have just about every symptom there is.  I had to go on B12 (dangerously low levels)  and I am sensitized to all vitamins and medications.  I am about to dose down again, but I feel I am doing this all wrong...

[Buddie]

« Reply #1463 on: August 16, 2020, 03:36:23 am »
Good evening Seasalt. I was the King of the micro, micro cut at the Ativan Support group. You can see my timeline coming off 4 mg of Ativan. Every "body" is different, but there is no way I could tolerate a 1/4 cut of a .25 mg pill. I have a micro scale. I can put my technique here if you like. It is very tedious to start and then easy as hel...to maintain.

Since you are having such withdrawal I would suggest/contemplate a cut of 0.001mg (yes that low of a dose). Stay with that does for 2 days, if you are ok, then do another 0.001 after 2 days. That would have you at .248mg, etc. When I got to the low doses of Ativan, I was so afraid of any symptom return (which I did not have for months) I cut .001mg every three days. At the end, I could barely see the crumbs. This will take you longer, but I wanted to stay symptom FREE, to hel..with the time. You will of course need a micro scale for about 24 bucks at Amazon.

From mg tag you see I am 1mg of Xanax. My timetable, if all goes well, is about 7 months. Last month I cut .125mg (had nausea the first three days and it went away). I am holding for 1 mo. In about 10 days I will cut another .125 and then I will be at .75mg. My issue is sleep consolidation. That is why I was on two benzos in the first place. Ativan for sleep and Xanax as a booster pre-Ativan. So far, my sleep is fine with a few hiccups.

I am one of the fortunate ones who takes depakote at night and it has a somnolent effect on me. Please know my body/brain chemistry is not yours. This is just what helped me. But you can only do my method with absolute precise measurement.

Hi Dovetail too. I will try and hang our here more. Hard to let go of my great Ativan group. Goodnight. [...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #1464 on: August 18, 2020, 08:39:37 pm »
Hi xanax peeps. I'm really needing input on possible ways I can stabilize out of DR & visual distortions. Thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time to read. I'm at a point of desperation. I'[...] copy paste from another post what's going on it should contain all info that could help.

I've made several posts about my Derealization & visual distortions 24 /7 for months.
I know we aren't doctors, but I'm just needing someone that must have ideas to help me, please. More ideas than I have. I Havnt gotten much feedback on what to do to stabilize.
I can't judge visually, emotionally, nor cognitively what's going on. I can't drive. I'm not in severe with drawl but the DR & visual distortions started sometime soon after I switched out half my clonazapam that I'm pretty tolerant to(most of its effectiveness, anxiety, panic, 𝗦𝗹𝗲𝗲𝗽) plus am having bad mood swings, morning anxiety, cog fog, poor short term memory, irrational irritability, fatigue. Super depression, but have good moments & longterm TRD is my thing.
I feel like I need a plan to stabilize out of the DR visual stuff & at least & then taper. I could then take a walk. Drive, look at nature & my loved ones & self & recognize what is real.
I'm awful with scales, math etc. But think scale dry cut will be my only way. Maybe learning that could help me stabilize? Like even I should weigh my .25 Xanax taken as needed during the day?
I'm feeling like at this point maybe I should just dry eyebal cut & go faster to get out of this dysfunctional state. I have so far to go to taper properly, which I don't even know what that is anymore with these symptoms.
If anyone can help or knows someone that can please chime in.
Was thinking risky but maybe need to cross all to diazepam for taper simplicity sake & to hopefully stabilize & get off these dang things. Sorry whiny bad day.

My other threads that might have helpful info
Think my first post on recent symptoms, others have similar, but are off or much lower than me, no plan
http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=240273.msg3076903#msg3076903
Early pst on this,y symptoms
http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=241311.msg3087097#msg3087097
Visuals from Xanax? Symptoms my experience explained
http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=241324.msg3087178#msg3087178
Crossing from 2-1/cross back to clonazepam?
http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=241396.msg3087939#msg3087939
Crossing from X & K to V
http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=241784.msg3091768#msg3091768
Member suggest Ross to all V
http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=241274.msg3086931#msg3086931

Thanks
[...]

Those are extreme withdraw experiences, I have had most of them, as have most folks.  I was riding my bike across a bridge over the river and everything turned upside down. It was horrifying, I was in the sky with the river above me.

All I can say is recognize these are all manifestations of your brain trying to operate efficiently. And they are so discouraging, because it feels like you can't live your life.

As I am not a doctor, I can not advise, nor do I know of, any way to stop these experiences.

Except 1; Acceptance. When you are fighting these symptoms and trying anything any way to get rid of them your completely focused on them. They just won, they have your full attention. This is not easy. When the DP/Dr come try to observe them. you are already feeling like your not inside yourself, so be outside yours elf and look at the experience objectively. I know, how on earth to do that?  Think of your symptoms as what they are-your brain trying to cope. Validate it, and say outloud something like, "Hi there DP, you do your thing and make me feel like I'm a split person, but I am not going to try and stop or fix you. I am going to let you do your thing, and you get as weird as you want. Your a symptom, I will survive, you will run your course in time."Then put your mind on something else. If you can't get up, listen to music, sing, get audible for kindle, anything to put your attention on while these symptoms are trying to suck you into their distorted reality.

The good news is that all of them pass in time. Once you get rid of the dread and fear of the symptom (take your time) it no longer is in control, you are. I was visually sideways and upside down in spells for a few months, now it only rarely comes to visit me.

You can get through this with acceptance, validation, perspective of the symptom being what it is, your brain trying to stabilize and tapping into and using your own power. You have so much more strength than you know, you need to start using it.  You can, I promise.
Badove, thank you for your feedback. Not leaving me hanging. And relating your experiences to mine that helps me feel less alone. Those you went through Sunday scary for sure.  The acceptance is good advice, indeed. I just wonder if this is a Xanax thing & or if crossing back over to all klonopin or all Xanax would/could get rid of it. I'm not having the dp like you did I don't think. I think I'm having more Derealization where I feel disconnected from others with constant visual distortions. I suppose I have some dp, too, but it's not like I feel like I've left my body & I'm looking at myself, just things aren't right, like I wrote.
I'm considering trying to find a benzo wise doc to help me get better, as I've never experienced this before. It's really hard on SO, cause I can't drive, but need to go places. It's weird cause I don't feel like I'm in acute withdrawal. It's hard to tell what's what anymore. The Xanax was helping my insomnia, but lately it's not. I hate to start another phsych med, but if one could help me sleep, I think tapering my night dose would be much easier.
Sorry If I'm rambly & Im Extra, not right today. I wanted to reply & thank you. [...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #1465 on: August 18, 2020, 09:14:24 pm »
Good evening Seasalt. I was the King of the micro, micro cut at the Ativan Support group. You can see my timeline coming off 4 mg of Ativan. Every "body" is different, but there is no way I could tolerate a 1/4 cut of a .25 mg pill. I have a micro scale. I can put my technique here if you like. It is very tedious to start and then easy as hel...to maintain.

Since you are having such withdrawal I would suggest/contemplate a cut of 0.001mg (yes that low of a dose). Stay with that does for 2 days, if you are ok, then do another 0.001 after 2 days. That would have you at .248mg, etc. When I got to the low doses of Ativan, I was so afraid of any symptom return (which I did not have for months) I cut .001mg every three days. At the end, I could barely see the crumbs. This will take you longer, but I wanted to stay symptom FREE, to hel..with the time. You will of course need a micro scale for about 24 bucks at Amazon.

From mg tag you see I am 1mg of Xanax. My timetable, if all goes well, is about 7 months. Last month I cut .125mg (had nausea the first three days and it went away). I am holding for 1 mo. In about 10 days I will cut another .125 and then I will be at .75mg. My issue is sleep consolidation. That is why I was on two benzos in the first place. Ativan for sleep and Xanax as a booster pre-Ativan. So far, my sleep is fine with a few hiccups.

I am one of the fortunate ones who takes depakote at night and it has a somnolent effect on me. Please know my body/brain chemistry is not yours. This is just what helped me. But you can only do my method with absolute precise measurement.

Hi Dovetail too. I will try and hang our here more. Hard to let go of my great Ativan group. Goodnight. [...]
Hi [...],
You seem to know your stuff when it comes to tapering. I'm on both klonopin & xanax & having Derealization with constant visual distortions. Also having other health issues that are really making this tougher.
I'm not sure how I'm going to proceed. I may seek another p doc Thats benzo wise, as I'm so wanting out of this dr visual stuff & of course off the benzos, but it's risky because my doc doesn't push my taper, but is not benzo wise. Something for sleep would be so helpful, but risky with my destabilized state. And I'm so sideceffect prone. The Xanax was helping my sleep as I'm so tolerant to klonopin. But lately it's not. More to it than that, but sleep important-is what's holding up big part of this wean. And all is so difficult in this condition. Cognition etc.
My Xanax are .5mg football shaped with a score down the middle.  I've been breaking them in half for day doses. My klonopin are round .5mgs that crumble easily. Can only get a rough break in half if lucky. I have a Jewelry scale, but have no clue how to use. Do you think you could help me when I'm ready?
Congrats on your other wean. Thanks

[Buddie]

« Reply #1466 on: August 23, 2020, 03:31:14 am »
Scardie, Goodevening! I am no expert at all, but finishing off Ativan, maybe I am skilled a little at the micro, precision cut. Already it seems to me that Xanax needs the same approach. It must be completely accurate every time you cut. Does your scale go to 0.001mg? If not, you need one.  I have a Gemini II I think.  Whenever you are ready you can message me if I am not here a while. I go back and forth here and with my Ativan group. Since I got on both benzos just for sleep, my sleep preservation has been a big part of my micro approach, at least at the end. Good night all. I will try and post tomorrow to make some more friends. [...].

[Buddie]

« Reply #1467 on: August 23, 2020, 03:35:21 am »
[...], I am told with the site re-org this group got really split and damaged. I do not know why they did that. We need to regroup and Post! I am trying. [...].

[Buddie]

« Reply #1468 on: August 24, 2020, 11:12:16 pm »
Hi Everyone,
I am down to 1 mg now and break my pills so I can dose 4 times a day.  I have been at this since January 11, 2019 and started between 3.5 and 4 mg of Xanax. 
I need advice.  I need to move on with my taper and make a cut but am not sure how as all I have is pills and very bad vision so a scale will not work for me.  I am wondering if I can continue to do cuts of .125 or if that will be too much?? 
My therapist today suggested that I start moving back one of my doses until I do not take it anymore and then will be down to .75 mg.  I am not sure she understands how big a cut that is. From 1.0 to .75 is a 25% cut but she says to do this over a 2 week period and then do the same on another of my doses.  If only it was that easy.
Any suggestions would be great.  Right now I have been doing ok and not too many symptoms and am scared to make a cut because I can function right now and know with ANY cut I could be sick and feeling like crap again.  I also know if I do not make a cut I will never get off this Xanax and will not heal.  I want to heal so badly. 
I hope all are doing well.

Hugs,
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #1469 on: August 25, 2020, 06:33:27 pm »
I am new to this site. I have been on .25mg 2x daily since December of 2019. I am having difficulty dosing down (only down 20%) of the original dose since March.  With each dose down I have extreme anxiety on day three, gut issues, sweating,  and just about every symptom you can imagine. In the last three months after a dose down,  I have  developed red spots on my arm that turn purple and eventually disappear after a couple of weeks.  I am concerned I have a blood issue of some kind.  My labs in June showed normal levels, but I am concerned as with each dose down the spots are more prevalent.   Anyone else had issues with this?  My biggest fear is the Dr. will require me to discontinue Xanax due to this side effect.  I know I am extremely sensitized to it and had settled on the fact that this would be an extremely slow taper to be safe.  Any comment is greatly appreciated...